The Wrestling Thread~

I mean, I know why they were a heel faction for the last three years but Iyo and Kairi have always worked better as faces going back to their Japan days and Kota cried on a stream about now getting opportunities which is solid face stuff so I’m glad it seems like a face turn is finally where they’re going.
As long as this results in Dakota remaining a heel, I'm all for it. I LOVE me some "evil" Dakota Kai...:):):)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I mean, I know why they were a heel faction for the last three years but Iyo and Kairi have always worked better as faces going back to their Japan days and Kota cried on a stream about now getting opportunities which is solid face stuff so I’m glad it seems like a face turn is finally where they’re going.
As long as Kairi doesn’t turn into a freakin pirate again. That was dire nonsense.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, the match was good, so there's that. But I'm over Roxanne Perez. Like I've said before, I don't buy her as a credible threat in the ring: she's like a dark-haired Alexa Bliss, and watching bigger, stronger and more talented wrestlers have to sell for her threatens my ability to suspend disbelief. And then there's the matter of this Tony Khan-esque holding pattern that they've got her in, where her storyline is basically frozen in amber until Giulia shows up.

Well, the match was good, so there's that. But I'm over Roxanne Perez. Like I've said before, I don't buy her as a credible threat in the ring: she's like a dark-haired Alexa Bliss, and watching bigger, stronger and more talented wrestlers have to sell for her threatens my ability to suspend disbelief. And then there's the matter of this Tony Khan-esque holding pattern that they've got her in, where her storyline is basically frozen in amber until Giulia shows up.
I definitely get your point. Her heel run has made her more of a "credible threat" than her face run, though, so at least there's that.

Also, if last night did anything of interest for me, it's that it established the fact that Thea Hail CAN hang with the "big girls". I'd love to see them build her up some more and give her a nice run with the belt at some point.

I’ll bite … as of right now, who are the more talented wrestlers than Roxanne in NXT?
ABSOLUTELY...

no one.

Which, I guess, is why they keep on wanting to bring in people from other promotions, which I am not necessarily against, BUT...

I'd love to see them at least try to build some of their "mid-card" talent up and give them a chance to prove themselves as the "big girl in the locker room". And, for me, that talent is Thea Hail (although she can definitely be considered as a little higher than just a "mid-card".

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Also, if last night did anything of interest for me, it's that it established the fact that Thea Hail CAN hang with the "big girls". I'd love to see them build her up some more and give her a nice run with the belt at some point.
The difference between Thea and Roxanne is that Thea is booked as an underdog. When Thea wins, the narrative is, "Oh My God, I can't believe she won!" When Roxanne wins, the narrative is, "Of course she won, I can't believe you ever doubted her!" Except the problem is, they're the same ****ing size! If Roxanne were booked more like the Honky Tonk Man, and less like Gunther, it wouldn't bother me as much. But I feel like the last opponent she had before Jordynne Grace (who we knew wasn't going to be allowed to beat her) that was booked as an actual threat to her was Meiko Satomura (who we also knew wasn't going to be allowed to beat her). For someone as physically small as Roxanne is, that doesn't sit right with me. It's like if Rey Mysterio was allowed to look dominant as World Champion: that's the opposite of what should happen.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The difference between Thea and Roxanne is that Thea is booked as an underdog. When Thea wins, the narrative is, "Oh My God, I can't believe she won!" When Roxanne wins, the narrative is, "Of course she won, I can't believe you ever doubted her!" Except the problem is, they're the same ****ing size! If Roxanne were booked more like the Honky Tonk Man, and less like Gunther, it wouldn't bother me as much. But I feel like the last opponent she had before Jordynne Grace (who we knew wasn't going to be allowed to beat her) that was booked as an actual threat to her was Meiko Satomura (who we also knew wasn't going to be allowed to beat her). For someone as physically small as Roxanne is, that doesn't sit right with me. It's like if Rey Mysterio was allowed to look dominant as World Champion: that's the opposite of what should happen.
Don’t you love Lyra, who’s also roughly the same size? She wasn’t booked like an underdog. She beat Becky freakin’ Lynch for some reason, then a bunch of other people before Roxanne got the title back.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I’ll bite … as of right now, who are the more talented wrestlers than Roxanne in NXT?
I reject the premise, because WWE has demonstrated that they are willing to send main roster women back down to NXT, and none of them have beaten her, either. Plus, they keep calling up the ones who should have gone over her but didn't to the main roster (Tiffany, Alba, Blair, Isla, Lyra, Kiana).

And, IYAM, if they thought that Kelani Jordan was ready to be a champion, they should have just had her beat Roxanne, rather than create a BS midcard women's title.

But, since you asked, and YMMV, I think that Wendy Choo is more talented than Roxanne. And, if we're going by potential, then the aforementioned Jordan, Sol Ruca, Lash Legend and Wren Sinclair are, too.