[NBA] 2024 Free Agency mega-thread

Thinking about it a little more; that's the move.

You'd move Keegan down to the 4, but I wouldn't mind it with a guy like Okoro at the 3. Keon/Carter-Okoro-Keegan is devastatingly good on defense and it would allow you to move HB to a bench role, where he's better suited anyway.

Fox || Carter
Keon || Monk
Okoro || HB
Keegan || Lyles
Domas || Len

Basically would be replacing Huerter/Davion/Duarte from last year's rotation with Keon/Carter and Okoro while getting a massive bench boost with HB. And we retain our future picks.

Yep, that's got to be it. Massive defensive upgrade and you fill a big hole of bench offense not solely being reliant on Monk.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Thinking about it a little more; that's the move.

You'd move Keegan down to the 4, but I wouldn't mind it with a guy like Okoro at the 3. Keon/Carter-Okoro-Keegan is devastatingly good on defense and it would allow you to move HB to a bench role, where he's better suited anyway.

Fox || Carter
Keon || Monk
Okoro || HB
Keegan || Lyles
Domas || Len

Basically would be replacing Huerter/Davion/Duarte from last year's rotation with Keon/Carter and Okoro while getting a massive bench boost with HB. And we retain our future picks.

Yep, that's got to be it. Massive defensive upgrade and you fill a big hole of bench offense not solely being reliant on Monk.
Or we just sign Caleb Martin in free agency and skip the trading with the Cavs part.

There are still some helpful names on that list, especially at SF.
Just reading a SI article saying Kings exploring a trade with Brooklyn for Cam Johnson. He’s on a 4 year 94 mil contract. I guess if we’re striking out in free agency that’s an option, assuming Barnes, Huerter, pick considerations can get it done.
For me, a Cam Johnson or Okoro move makes more sense than a BI move and is likely much cheaper. But I also feel that wanting things, as fans often do, is not much use around here.

There are still some helpful names on that list, especially at SF.
Just reading a SI article saying Kings exploring a trade with Brooklyn for Cam Johnson. He’s on a 4 year 94 mil contract. I guess if we’re striking out in free agency that’s an option, assuming Barnes, Huerter, pick considerations can get it done.
Still don't like the idea of picks for Johnson. Better than going all in on anyone though.

For me, a Cam Johnson or Okoro move makes more sense than a BI move and is likely much cheaper. But I also feel that wanting things, as fans often do, is not much use around here.
Cam Johnson isn't in the same universe as Ingram as a talent though. Depends on what the Kings would have to do. I'd give up 3 future picks for Ingram before I'd do another Huerter type deal that keeps you out of a lot of discussions moving on trade wise. Landing Carter does make it more palatable to add a higher end fit/role guy like Johnson though.

I still think we need a bigger piece than just a solid role player or two. Improving your role players are for teams who are on the cusp of contention. We weren’t even in the playoffs. Relying on a rookie to solve our defensive woes would be a mistake, even though I have little reason to believe he won’t be rock solid from day one. Sure, a full season of Keon will help, but we still have legitimate issues. What do we do when our DHO offense grinds to a halt? We weren’t great at getting to the line and role players won’t really move that needle much. We would still struggle with tall and lanky players defensively. We need a player that gives us a different look on offense when Domas is struggling or our offense is being stalled out by the defense.

We aren’t taking anyone by surprise in season 3 of Domas/Fox. We can’t keep relying on the same thing and expect a massively different outcome. I say it’s time to make a splash. Fox and Domas are now in their prime, it’s now or never.

MLE is useable in trades now too so signings aren’t everything now
Interesting.
I’d be more comfortable with a move for someone like Cam anyway. I believe three years left on his contract. Sounds like he underwhelmed last year, but with Brooklyn shaking things up perhaps he wont cost the farm.

I still think we need a bigger piece than just a solid role player or two. Improving your role players are for teams who are on the cusp of contention. We weren’t even in the playoffs. Relying on a rookie to solve our defensive woes would be a mistake, even though I have little reason to believe he won’t be rock solid from day one. Sure, a full season of Keon will help, but we still have legitimate issues. What do we do when our DHO offense grinds to a halt? We weren’t great at getting to the line and role players won’t really move that needle much. We would still struggle with tall and lanky players defensively. We need a player that gives us a different look on offense when Domas is struggling or our offense is being stalled out by the defense.

We aren’t taking anyone by surprise in season 3 of Domas/Fox. We can’t keep relying on the same thing and expect a massively different outcome. I say it’s time to make a splash. Fox and Domas are now in their prime, it’s now or never.
I'm not sure the Kings defensive woes are thing if Keon looks the way he did last season and Brown just sticks with Len to backup Domas. I don't want to hype up Carter too much, but not only does Carter do things the Kings desperately need like having another ball handler that can create for himself and others, but he really was a true playmaking off guard with Providence. They ran a system that didn't just hammer pick and roll with him to the end of time. It was very space and pass oriented. He cut and played off the ball quite a bit. He's the best potential true triple threat option on the roster next to Fox from day 1 and can play off of Domas.

Cam Johnson isn't in the same universe as Ingram as a talent though. Depends on what the Kings would have to do. I'd give up 3 future picks for Ingram before I'd do another Huerter type deal that keeps you out of a lot of discussions moving on trade wise. Landing Carter does make it more palatable to add a higher end fit/role guy like Johnson though.
Agree to an extent but I worry about the price of the trade and of a potential contract extension. For the trade, someone who is an expiring contract and who is not wanted long term by their team shouldn't cost that much. For the contract extension, paying stars is disabling. I know you like to say 'yeah but all in at some point' or whatever it is and you can argue that with others some more if you like, but that's my perspective. And then there is the issue of team building philosophy. I'm high on Keegan reaching his potential, so, for me, the ideal fit next to a Fox, Sabonis, Keegan, Monk team is someone who can make a defensive impact without taking away anything/ much away on offence. But let's see what happens. Maybe we can agree that it is hopefully more than nothing!