[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Damn Portland is taking it to Milwaukee right now!
And then they couldn't hold the lead and let Milwaukee off the hook. Boo! The Bucks need to suffer more for allowing this version of the Boston Celtics to exist. Speaking of Boston, Queta had some good minutes off the bench for them today.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I was reading Keith Smith's tweets and couldn't figure out if Queta was good or bad today. Sounded like he came in and was effective then started getting killed in the pick and roll once the other team adjusted.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Does anyone else here agree with what Steve Kerr said the other night about the atmosphere inside the arena in Phoenix? He said its a techno show with loud music and yelling all game. IMO, he's 100% right. Phoenix and Dallas games are damn near unwatchable because of all the BS noise during the game and especially during the timeouts. Man, those 2 arenas are bad.
I haven't been at a Suns game in a while so the choice of music must of changed compared to couple years ago but can't you basically pick any arena in the league and state how obnoxious a PA announcer may be or the choice of music used or allowing fans to blow horns or point lasers or whatever else one can come up with. some choose to go to a game to have a good time and could care less about the game, others go because they love the sport so I suppose it depends on who's POV you are watching.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I haven't been at a Suns game in a while so the choice of music must of changed compared to couple years ago but can't you basically pick any arena in the league and state how obnoxious a PA announcer may be or the choice of music used...
No. Because Sir Foster is a god damned legend, who must be protected at all costs.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Bagley has been playing well for Detroit this season. He is only playing 19.3 mins, but averaging 10.9 pts, 5.2 rbs, 1.4 asts, and 0.7 blks. He is shooting 58.6% from the field and 90.5% from the line.
That's great for him, I've not been paying attention but the talk out of Detroit circles was not encouraging about him. Either way this is a team that has won four games since the all star break that he's getting paid a lot of money to play 19.3 mins on.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Bagley has been playing well for Detroit this season. He is only playing 19.3 mins, but averaging 10.9 pts, 5.2 rbs, 1.4 asts, and 0.7 blks. He is shooting 58.6% from the field and 90.5% from the line.
Those shooting numbers are a little deceiving because the dude has absolutely given up on shooting from the perimeter and usually bricks the shot when he has no choice but to shoot from beyond the arc but the Pistons are so unbalanced of a roster that Monty Williams has to play him next to like two other bigs who also can't really shoot (except for Beef Stew who absolutely should be playing more and/or dangled to a team that could actually use a big beefy big man who can space the floor, play defense, and isn't a total ballstopper when its in his hands) and leaves absolutely no room for Cade or Ivey or Ausar to drive/collapse defenses, leaving the Pistons offense a total unworkable mess despite Marvin getting to put up *checks notes* his second worst season per game statistically since coming into the league. The dude also continues to be a mess defensively, especially when he winds up having to cover wings/small forwards, which is unfortunately often given the bad Pistons roster.

I really don't know what the Pistons can do at this point besides yet another full-blown tear down which is almost impossible for them to do because the only players they have that can bring back assets are so young that you absolutely shouldn't move them in case of a rebuild (Cade/Ausar/Duren) or so old/injured/expensive that you're probably looking at a package of second round picks at best (Bogdanovic/Burks/Monte Morris/Joe Harris). Meanwhile they're paying Marvin Bagley 25 million dollars over the next two seasons (9 million dollars more than Trey Lyles lol) to be a poor man's Carl Landry in the year of our lord 2023.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Good for him that's he's taking more personal responsibility for his play and eliminating outside distractions. He's certainly capable of being a star in this league and part of that is adopting the right mindset. I don't think he was mature enough yet to be the right centerpiece for the Kings nor was this franchise (at that time) equipped to give him the tough love he needed but people grow.

While he doesn't have a modern offensive game, nobody ever really questioned he could be an NBA offensive player. It's always been the defensive side of the ball for him

Those shooting numbers are a little deceiving because the dude has absolutely given up on shooting from the perimeter and usually bricks the shot when he has no choice but to shoot from beyond the arc but the Pistons are so unbalanced of a roster that Monty Williams has to play him next to like two other bigs who also can't really shoot (except for Beef Stew who absolutely should be playing more and/or dangled to a team that could actually use a big beefy big man who can space the floor, play defense, and isn't a total ballstopper when its in his hands) and leaves absolutely no room for Cade or Ivey or Ausar to drive/collapse defenses, leaving the Pistons offense a total unworkable mess despite Marvin getting to put up *checks notes* his second worst season per game statistically since coming into the league. The dude also continues to be a mess defensively, especially when he winds up having to cover wings/small forwards, which is unfortunately often given the bad Pistons roster.

I really don't know what the Pistons can do at this point besides yet another full-blown tear down which is almost impossible for them to do because the only players they have that can bring back assets are so young that you absolutely shouldn't move them in case of a rebuild (Cade/Ausar/Duren) or so old/injured/expensive that you're probably looking at a package of second round picks at best (Bogdanovic/Burks/Monte Morris/Joe Harris). Meanwhile they're paying Marvin Bagley 25 million dollars over the next two seasons (9 million dollars more than Trey Lyles lol) to be a poor man's Carl Landry in the year of our lord 2023.
The Pistons are a lot like the Kings of past years. Stacking at two positions G/C that you can't afford to stack at. They have a nice chunk of young talent that is going to waste.

If Monte can't land a big get I wouldn't mind seeing him look at someone like Bojan for a short term boost.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Pistons are a lot like the Kings of past years. Stacking at two positions G/C that you can't afford to stack at. They have a nice chunk of young talent that is going to waste.

If Monte can't land a big get I wouldn't mind seeing him look at someone like Bojan for a short term boost.
Meh, the main issue for them is that they’re stacked but with one or two good players and then three or four players who they only think are good players but sorta aren’t. Cade is a bonafide star prospect. Ivey still has potential if developed correctly and Sasser looks like he can be a solid role playing point guard. Unfortunately they also have to split time with Killian Hayes and Alec Burks and Eventual Monte Morris for some reason. Meanwhile on the big side of the equation, Jalen Duren looks like he can be everything you want a modern big man to be in the Bam Adebayo build and Isaiah Stewart looks like another really solid big role player but they have to split time with two failed second overall picks despite there being a clear gulf in between those two groups of players.

Also their stud defensive wing can’t shoot yet so that’s also a big issue with Bojan out.
They’ve got in my eyes three bonafide star prospects in Cade, Duren, and Ausar and Ivey is a huge wild card that they could either continue to try to develop or flip to recoup some draft capital but the Pistons have failed to establish a culture or hierarchy that places their development at the top of their to-do list because they’re paying Monty Williams one of the most expensive contracts for a coach in league history to win now-ish. Also they were really stupid and traded Saddiq Bey for nothing last February because they didn’t want to give an extension to the one young guy they had successfully developed into an NBA player.

I mean just putting shooters around Cade, Ausar, and Duren and spamming pick and roll sets all game would probably put the Pistons firmly in the playoff race. I honestly don’t think building a successful pistons team is as difficult as their front office is making it look.
Huerter is actually a perfect fit at the 2 between Cade and Ausar. Protected defensively, but absolutely gives them the much needed shooting/off-ball movement.

I doubt they'd want to "admit" defeat so early on Ivey, but that's the sort of player they should be looking to move him for. Find someone who enhances Cade/Ausar/Duren rather than take away from what they do well.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Tyrese keeps getting switched onto Jerami Grant and Grant keeps steamrolling him.
Blazers and Pacers playing a surprisingly tight game down the stretch here.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
LOL Buddy just intentionally fouled Jerami Grant down 2 with 14 on the shotclock and 18.6 left in the game clock. He literally did not need to do that.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I guess they weren’t in the penalty but they gave the Blazers a chance to reset their offense and get the ball to Brogdan for the dagger two with 5 seconds left When it looked like Grant was on the verge of coughing up the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.