[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arguments about taking Keegan over Paolo or Franz because of their contributions on “losing teams” is looking pretty bad right now.

Paolo and Franz have solidified themselves as the 1st and 2nd options on the #2 team in the East. Keegan has seriously struggled being the Kings’ 3rd option.

Probably need to mail back those hot takes. Orlando just beat the best team in the league

was just coming in here to mention Orlando. They are doing great and their roster still has plenty of room for improvement.

As for Keegan over Paolo or Franz, I don’t remember that being a big topic of discussion and regardless..he wasn’t drafted before either of them. I don’t see why that would even be a topic that merits receipt keeping.

Keegan will be fine

The Josh Giddey stuff is wild.

I didn’t think Wander Franco would’ve ever been suspended if not for police in the DR opening investigations against him and I figured Giddey would skate by if it didn’t result in police interest wherever this happened..but we’ll see what the NBA finds

was just coming in here to mention Orlando. They are doing great and their roster still has plenty of room for improvement.

As for Keegan over Paolo or Franz, I don’t remember that being a big topic of discussion and regardless..he wasn’t drafted before either of them. I don’t see why that would even be a topic that merits receipt keeping.

Keegan will be fine

I didn’t think Wander Franco would’ve ever been suspended if not for police in the DR opening investigations against him and I figured Giddey would skate by if it didn’t result in police interest wherever this happened..but we’ll see what the NBA finds
Well for one, Franz is not even in the same draft year as Keegan so that’s a moot point

Magic are really rolling and could easily win their next 4 games. (Hornets, wiz, wiz and nets) after that they have a brutal stretch. Cavs, Celtics, Celtics, Heat, Bucks, Pacers, Wiz, Sixers, Knicks and Suns.

Keegan will be fine

it was mentioned in a previous "Comments that don't warrant a thread" thread

Well for one, Franz is not even in the same draft year as Keegan so that’s a moot point
Paolo was in the same draft as Keegan. Franz wasn't, but they play the same position. They're going to be the future (star?) SFs of the league

I knew that. I wasn’t sure if the post I was responding to did. Orlando has been working with multiple lottery picks the last three years I believe so perhaps he there was a mix up that Franz came after Keegan for there to be some point to compare the progress of the two…but apparently there was an old debate about it.

I know full well Franz was picked right before Davion.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The arguments about taking Keegan over Paolo or Franz because of their contributions on “losing teams” is looking pretty bad right now.

Paolo and Franz have solidified themselves as the 1st and 2nd options on the #2 team in the East. Keegan has seriously struggled being the Kings’ 3rd option.

Probably need to mail back those hot takes. Orlando just beat the best team in the league
I'm not speaking for anyone else, but my argument isn't that Keegan Murray is better than Paolo or Franz because they play on a losing team, my argument is that Keegan is better than Paolo and Franz (full stop). Keegan "seriously struggling" as you say for 13 games doesn't change my opinion. If you want receipts though, that's fine but how about we revisit this in 6 months not 6 days?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm not speaking for anyone else, but my argument isn't that Keegan Murray is better than Paolo or Franz because they play on a losing team, my argument is that Keegan is better than Paolo and Franz (full stop). Keegan "seriously struggling" as you say for 13 games doesn't change my opinion. If you want receipts though, that's fine but how about we revisit this in 6 months not 6 days?
A hundred games into his career, Tyreke Evans looked like he was no worse than then third-best player in his draft class, and arguably looked like the best. I think that any judgment on how good Keegan Murray is may be premature: he certainly looks like a baller to me.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
A hundred games into his career, Tyreke Evans looked like he was no worse than then third-best player in his draft class, and arguably looked like the best. I think that any judgment on how good Keegan Murray is may be premature: he certainly looks like a baller to me.
Agreed. I'm looking at long-term outlook not just immediate returns. My point with the Orlando guys before is just that they are their team's entire offense so of course they are putting up big numbers compared to Keegan right now. And if you read between the lines a bit, Keegan is in a much better situation with high-level vets around him and an experienced coach which bodes well for his future growth. I also felt he was the superior prospect of the three coming out of college based on my own (subjective) criteria -- and yes I know they weren't all the same draft year. And his efficiency shooting the three last year, his knack for scoring the ball from anywhere on the floor in college, and his flashes of defensive brilliance this year ultimately add up to a higher ceiling. Maybe not as a go-to scorer but as an All Star level player who consistently makes the right play.

I also find Franz Wagner incredibly annoying every time we play Orlando so there's certainly a healthy dose of personal bias involved. In any case, I'll own up to it if I turn out to be proven wrong.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Agreed. I'm looking at long-term outlook not just immediate returns. My point with the Orlando guys before is just that they are their team's entire offense so of course they are putting up big numbers compared to Keegan right now. And if you read between the lines a bit, Keegan is in a much better situation with high-level vets around him and an experienced coach which bodes well for his future growth. I also felt he was the superior prospect of the three coming out of college based on my own (subjective) criteria -- and yes I know they weren't all the same draft year. And his efficiency shooting the three last year, his knack for scoring the ball from anywhere on the floor in college, and his flashes of defensive brilliance this year ultimately add up to a higher ceiling. Maybe not as a go-to scorer but as an All Star level player who consistently makes the right play.
Oh, for sure, I was agreeing with you, even if it looked like I was arguing the other side. If you had told me at the end of the 2009-10 NBA season that Jrue Holiday was not only going to have a better career than Tyreke Evans, but he was actually a better player, I'd have called you insane. I don't think it's unreasonable to project a similar outcome between Keegan Murray and Paolo Banchero.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
15 is the number I keep hearing
The cyber sleuths determined she turned 16 in February and he just turned 21 like a month ago. Age of consent is 16 in Oklahoma but she may have been from California? I don't know. I guess that's one of the wild things about NBA players being so young because he it felt like he's 23 and with a 15 year old.

Still not right by me but a 4 year age gap if it meets the age of consent laws probably doesn't warrant anything Draconian. Needs counseling though because there's all kinds of wrong going on there even if it is legal.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I missed when the Kings passed on Paolo and Franz. Right now Keegan looks like he'll be the best player we could have picked out of the next block of picks and we'd have had to really reach to get a guy with more long term potential which would mean bupkis for where the Kings were a year and a half ago.

The Davion pick is a lot more questionable, at this point it really feels like can Monte get something back for him.

Does anyone else here agree with what Steve Kerr said the other night about the atmosphere inside the arena in Phoenix? He said its a techno show with loud music and yelling all game. IMO, he's 100% right. Phoenix and Dallas games are damn near unwatchable because of all the BS noise during the game and especially during the timeouts. Man, those 2 arenas are bad.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Does anyone else here agree with what Steve Kerr said the other night about the atmosphere inside the arena in Phoenix? He said its a techno show with loud music and yelling all game. IMO, he's 100% right. Phoenix and Dallas games are damn near unwatchable because of all the BS noise during the game and especially during the timeouts. Man, those 2 arenas are bad.
As a league pass fiend, I have to agree with Kerr that Phoenix’s in-arena PA music assault is the worst in the league. I just find it funny he’s so worried about it now that his old perv owner friend isn’t in charge of the team anymore when the Phoenix music situation has been like this for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.