[Game] Kings @ Rockets, 11/6/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying this is the reason we lost but watching the physicality of HOU tonight, it really highlights the finesse we have as our wings (Huerter, Murray, & Barnes). None of those guys have that edge, bulldog mentality. Not saying we need every single player to be like that, but it would helpful to have a guy like that on the wing.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Did you really want the Kings to take a "home run" swing in the offseason, when basically the only player that could have made them into a contender overnight is, like, Giannis?
Not really. It just had me feeling like this would be a bit of a stagnant season. I didn’t see the team as constructed as continuing to ascend at all. It’s better than wildly swinging the pieces away at someone like Beal.

Not really. It just had me feeling like this would be a bit of a stagnant season. I didn’t see the team as constructed as continuing to ascend at all. It’s better than wildly swinging the pieces away at someone like Beal.
We are currently a 1st round exit team but making some changes in the starting lineup would fix that.

Sasha for Barnes is one.

Brown has to also evolve to season 2. He was coach of the year for a reason last year. Exactly what we needed at the right time. But you can only yell your way to success for so long before you get tuned out. I
All for us needing to play defense better. But like it or not, are defense is ran off our offense not the other way around. Are shots need to fall, we need to play fast. We are not locking anyone down.

Brown may have to, I know hard to say, stop nit picking the defense and focus on playing free and letting that ball fly. We are not a defense team man

How you feel is how you feel, I guess. I do have two follow-up questions, though:
  1. How many times do you listen to these other broadcasters when they're not playing Sacramento? Because you said that all those commentators I listed talk less than Kayte and I feel like, if you were watching a random Bulls/Magic game on League Pass, you couldn't possibly believe that.
  2. Why are you comparing a play-by-play announcer to a color commentator? Philly's color guy is Alaa Abdelnaby; do you like Kate Scott more than you like Draper, too?
i watch a ton of games, so yes, i watch a lot of games when the kings aren't playing. Again, kayte talks way more than most color commentators. Are there others that talk more? Probably. But kayte stands out because a lot of the time it seems like she is just talking about nothing of substance.

Is Kate Scott better than Kyle Draper? I don't know. Kyle doesn't get much of a chance to show us his chops. He really has a hard time getting a word in edge wise with kayte talking non stop.

Luckily i have stream TV. I can watch any feed of any team so i will continue to watch the opposing teams telecast.

I watch most of the games on mute. Every once in a while I'll listen in, like tonight. It will be muted again for the next game. Prefer to let the game action do the talking
This year I got a black box. Yea they exist. Now I get every channel. I’m watching a new announcer every game. Even when we at home I’m watching the other team. Todays rockers announcers were amazing. They knew all the kings players even the bench and rotation. Was non bias. Night and day compared to us

We need to start our best 5 and worry about the bench when the time comes for that. Start monk bench hueter. Trade Mitchell. Bench Barnes, get me a real pf or he’ll start the old rookie.

huerter and Barnes should be plenty on bench. If Chris Paul can be humble and go to the bench, who the hell is hueter and barnes

This year I got a black box. Yea they exist. Now I get every channel. I’m watching a new announcer every game. Even when we at home I’m watching the other team. Todays rockers announcers were amazing. They knew all the kings players even the bench and rotation. Was non bias. Night and day compared to us
best thing about having a "black box" is no commercials!

Its pretty cool to have the feed from inside the arena. I get to see whats being shown to everyone inside the arena.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The thing is, whether people want to admit it or not, the Kings played above their weight last season; they were about a year ahead of schedule. And when you overachieve like they did last year, you need to sort of 'run it back' the next season, just to figure out who's really part of your core, who's going to put in the work to get to the next level, etc. Coming out of Game 7, the only players you could have had any confidence would still be on the roster on Opening Night 2026 were Fox and Sabonis. Before you start going 'whale hunting' you need to figure out what you've got in these other guys.

We don't have a 2nd star. A true star is someone who you can throw a ball to and say "get me a bucket" either by scoring or playmaking.
Listen we have a 2nd star. His name is Murray, but brown is in his head right now. Every time he does anything, watch him, he looks toward brown for approval. He is in his own head right now and it’s bad. We are going to go as far as his development. Sobonis is Not the guy, hes a glue guy. But he’s not that guy

The thing is, whether people want to admit it or not, the Kings played above their weight last season; they were about a year ahead of schedule. And when you overachieve like they did last year, you need to sort of 'run it back' the next season, just to figure out who's really part of your core, who's going to put in the work to get to the next level, etc. Coming out of Game 7, the only players you could have had any confidence would still be on the roster on Opening Night 2026 were Fox and Sabonis. Before you start going 'whale hunting' you need to figure out what you've got in these other guys.
That is defineltly part of the problem, IMO. I feel like an awful lot of posters here kinda knew that the kings were playing way above their heads? I do get that there has been a lot of hope that maybe they would be able to continue their great play from last season.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
i watch a ton of games, so yes, i watch a lot of games when the kings aren't playing. Again, kayte talks way more than most color commentators. Are there others that talk more? Probably. But kayte stands out because a lot of the time it seems like she is just talking about nothing of substance.

Is Kate Scott better than Kyle Draper? I don't know. Kyle doesn't get much of a chance to show us his chops. He really has a hard time getting a word in edge wise with kayte talking non stop.
Agree to disagree, I suppose. I watch at least two games a night on average, whether the Kings are playing or not. Mark Jones and Kayte Christensen are in my Top 5, and they ain't 5.

We need to start our best 5 and worry about the bench when the time comes for that. Start monk bench hueter. Trade Mitchell. Bench Barnes, get me a real pf or he’ll start the old rookie.

huerter and Barnes should be plenty on bench. If Chris Paul can be humble and go to the bench, who the hell is hueter and barnes
Brown won't do that yet, but he might start Monk the next game. I wouldn't bet on it, but he'll do that before sitting the other two. He's pretty set with his lineups and rotations.

Be honest we knew what we should have upgraded and we didn’t. We brought back Barnes. That is the big move in offseason that set us back. Was too safe of a move. Switch brooks with barns and see the difference in the team. And brooks is a culture changing guy. Not a Al star but a great 3rd who can ellevste a team intensity

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Be honest we knew what we should have upgraded and we didn’t. We brought back Barnes. That is the big move in offseason that set us back. Was too safe of a move. Switch brooks with barns and see the difference in the team. And brooks is a culture changing guy. Not a Al star but a great 3rd who can ellevste a team intensity
If you switch Brooks and Barnes, who's the power forward?

I know we all feel like crap, but this Rocket team really might be good. Adding FVV and Brooks, Udoka, and some of their young guys like Green, Smith and Sengun may have taken a step.

The pieces going out for Beal were likely the ones that people aren't too happy with right now anyway. Best bet Monte's deal involved Holmes' space and Huerter as the main parts. Maybe Davion but I'd question it. Keegan in no way was in that final offer most likely.

I know we all feel like crap, but this Rocket team really might be good. Adding FVV and Brooks, Udoka, and some of their young guys like Green, Smith and Sengun may have taken a step.
It’s not about rockets being good, it’s about us not being good. I believe rockers are much better, but whose spot are they taking? Not ours!

Huerter was one of the lone bright spots tonight.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
it’s funny because we all laughed at Houston for the moves they made in the offseason.
And derided those of us who said we need to make some.
Here's the thing, though: the most significant offseason move the Rockets made was signing a coach whom most people felt was radioactive. Udoka has coached the hell out of these guys; you'll not convince me that the roster changes they made would have worked with any other coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.