[Game] Kings @ Rockets, 11/6/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Possibly. But this isn't a "new" squad like it was last year. They came together almost instantly in an "us against the world" mentality that fueled most of their season. And it's not like it's a new core or anything, we brought back our 8 most important players!

That fire has been missing here in Hou. It's very much like the 49ers have played the last 3 weeks; just a complete 180 shift from what they've previously been.
I've only watched two Kings games this season so I can't comment too much on how their offense has looked, but based on reading the comments on here for every game thread, the Kings' bread and butter play is being taken away from them and they have no answer as of now.

It's the lack of effort and heart that's bothering me. I know it's a long season, but how do you straight up quit like this? Such an embarrassing effort
Losing happens. The loss to the Warriors was heartbreaking, but damn I was proud of our team. They fought like hell and took a back-breaker game winner for them to lose.

These 2 games have been the "same old crap" we've dealt with for a decade and a half before last season. I'm not particularly excited for us to revert back to that.

Losing happens. The loss to the Warriors was heartbreaking, but damn I was proud of our team. They fought like hell and took a back-breaker game winner for them to lose.

These 2 games have been the "same old crap" we've dealt with for a decade and a half before last season. I'm not particularly excited for us to revert back to that.
Way to early to say we've reverted back to what this team has been for the past decade and a half. But i do understand the concern.

Well that has to be the worst loss under Brown. Only bright spot was Ellis. Just nobody had anything going tonight.

I don’t know what we have to do to get right but we are going to have to play 10 times better or we will lose to Portland.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
she's easily one of the worst. She talks more than any other color commentator on that list. She talks so much she's essentially freezing out draper who's suppose to be calling the game.
If you think that Kayte Christensen talks too much, I don't know how Stacey King and Austin Carr don't make you want to pull your hair out by the roots. Hell, you talk about color commentators who never shut up, I didn't even mention Stu Lantz and Antonio Daniels... and I like those guys.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m still not stressing. I didn’t come into this season with visions of grandeur. If health permits, we’re playoff fodder. It’s better than it was, but we’re not contenders. Never were after that stay the course offseason.

Possibly. But this isn't a "new" squad like it was last year. They came together almost instantly in an "us against the world" mentality that fueled most of their season. And it's not like it's a new core or anything, we brought back our 8 most important players! Fox and Monk after the Clippers presser talking their game saying "we coming, we don't give a **** who's over there"

That fire has been missing here in Hou. It's very much like the 49ers have played the last 3 weeks; just a complete 180 shift from what they've previously been. This just isn't the Beam Team, this is the same old 15 year, no playoff, Kings we had to sit through year after year. And frankly that sucks... terrifying as a fan. That the switch can turn back so quickly
He is the reigning coach of the year, so I don’t want this to come off wrong, but in his quest to really push this team to the next level, is Brown pushing them too hard, too soon. I’m not saying it’s not the ‘right’ thing to do, but the vibe feels different. There was a video on of the local Kings media put on twitter at kings practice with Brown cursing up a storm and really getting on them. Has he turned it up too far to the point of getting in their head? Some guys don’t respond great to that type of stuff.

she's easily one of the worst. She talks more than any other color commentator on that list. She talks so much she's essentially freezing out draper who's suppose to be calling the game. If she had been calling Barry Bonds record breaking home run game she would have talked over the call.
And over analyzing every damn move. Even meaningless garbage time shots. She just can’t shut up.

Hard to believe we answered Saturday's beat down with this performance. Keon our leading scorer now with 11 min played. I don't see how he could be worse than Davion.
Good point. He can shoot and score a bit and he plays good defense. Wouldn't be surprised at all, if he could be more valuable to this team

Keegan actually had an ok shooting night I wish Brown didn’t sub him back in. He was at 50 percent shooting from the field and 40 from 3 in 24 minutes before that last short run. That might have felt a bit better going into the next game in addition to KVon shooting better

Way to early to say we've reverted back to what this team has been for the past decade and a half. But i do understand the concern.
I'm not panicking... yet.

Game 6, we started 0-4 last year, Fox coming back, blah blah. But I do want to know wtf happened between the GS game and these past 2 Rocket games. 2 entirely different teams showed up to play. The team vs GS could handle Fox being out for a couple weeks. The team vs the Rockets would get the #1 pick. Something's up and damn I hope we see some changes before POR.

If you think that Kayte Christensen talks too much, I don't know how Stacey King and Austin Carr don't make you want to pull your hair out by the roots. Hell, you talk about color commentators who never shut up, I didn't even mention Stu Lantz and Antonio Daniels... and I like those guys.
I think when a lot of those guys are talking, they are saying something worthwhile. I just don't feel like she's giving us information that we need. Trust me, i felt like maybe i was being too harsh on kayte. I asked my girlfriend to give me her honest assessment and she said, well, ill put it in kindly words, "she just can't shut up". Thats just 2 people's assessment. Ill just put it like this, she's not my cup of tea.

My perfect play by play person is Kate Scott who calls the 76ers games on TV. She is awesome. She calls a great game and gives the audience enough info to feel like they are a part of the game. And her partner, he always gives way to her, which is the way it should be.

Possibly. But this isn't a "new" squad like it was last year. They came together almost instantly in an "us against the world" mentality that fueled most of their season. And it's not like it's a new core or anything, we brought back our 8 most important players! Fox and Monk after the Clippers presser talking their game saying "we coming, we don't give a **** who's over there"

That fire has been missing here in Hou. It's very much like the 49ers have played the last 3 weeks; just a complete 180 shift from what they've previously been. This just isn't the Beam Team, this is the same old 15 year, no playoff, Kings we had to sit through year after year. And frankly that sucks... terrifying as a fan. That the switch can turn back so quickly
I hate to say it, but I think we've got some mentally soft players on this team. There's at least 5 guys who I can count that hang their heads any time they miss a shot and let it affect their play. The entire team is driven by their offensive production. It's going to be hard for Mike Brown to implement his plan of playing a more physical brand of defense at the expense of offense when the players respond like this to their offensive woes.

Fox coming back from injury will help us look a lot better and win more games, but those issues I mentioned above will always be there.

He is the reigning coach of the year, so I don’t want this to come off wrong, but in his quest to really push this team to the next level, is Brown pushing them too hard, too soon. I’m not saying it’s not the ‘right’ thing to do, but the vibe feels different. There was a video on of the local Kings media put on twitter at kings practice with Brown cursing up a storm and really getting on them. Has he turned it up too far to the point of getting in their head? Some guys don’t respond great to that type of stuff.
Eh, I don't think that's it. The guy all pretty much alluded in pressers that Brown got on their ass all the time. And they responded well to that and actually wanted that accountability. We just didn't have video of it.

Katie says the offense has been stagnant, not moving the ball.

How in the world did that happen?
Right when she mentioned that I was talking to hubby almost the exact same words! SMFH wondering where did our team go?? They make me feel like they’re just not into it I don’t see it , I don’t feel the “energy” or infact see much energy from them. I keep reminding myself we were 0-4 in the beginning of last year and we pulled out of it but now….. I dunno what they’re doing and they act like neither do they

Right when she mentioned that I was talking to hubby almost the exact same words! SMFH wondering where did our team go?? They make me feel like they’re just not into it I don’t see it , I don’t feel the “energy” or infact see much energy from them. I keep reminding myself we were 0-4 in the beginning of last year and we pulled out of it but now….. I dunno what they’re doing and they act like neither do they
I can probably find the exact comment I made when we were 0-4 about how despite our record, this was clearly a different type of team than what we've had in the past years....

this current start? feels like nothing but the same old Kings. no heart, no hustle, and no effort.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I’m still not stressing. I didn’t come into this season with visions of grandeur. If health permits, we’re playoff fodder. It’s better than it was, but we’re not contenders. Never were after that stay the course offseason.
Did you really want the Kings to take a "home run" swing in the offseason, when basically the only player that could have made them into a contender overnight is, like, Giannis?

I can probably find the exact comment I made when we were 0-4 about how despite our record, this was clearly a different type of team than what we've had in the past years....

this current start? feels like nothing but the same old Kings. no heart, no hustle, and no effort.
See, I think through 4 games, we were cruising right along. Big brother Warriors kicked our ass, but we punched UTA and LAL in the mouth like we normally do on offense. And felt the new additions were fitting in nicely as upgrades to our depth.

But these last 2 games... yep. Drastic shift from what we saw even just a week prior. I don't get it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
she's easily one of the worst. She talks more than any other color commentator on that list. She talks so much she's essentially freezing out draper who's suppose to be calling the game. If she had been calling Barry Bonds record breaking home run game she would have talked over the call.
Man, if you think Kayte talk over calls, you clearly haven’t watched Sean Elliot randomly talk about nothing for thirty minutes straight as the Spurs either go on a run and look good or look bad and get their pants blown off, it literally doesn’t matter to him he’s only there to talk for three hours.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I think when a lot of those guys are talking, they are saying something worthwhile. I just don't feel like she's giving us information that we need. Trust me, i felt like maybe i was being too harsh on kayte. I asked my girlfriend to give me her honest assessment and she said, well, ill put it in kindly words, "she just can't shut up". Thats just 2 people's assessment. Ill just put it like this, she's not my cup of tea.

My perfect play by play person is Kate Scott who calls the 76ers games on TV. She is awesome. She calls a great game and gives the audience enough info to feel like they are a part of the game. And her partner, he always gives way to her, which is the way it should be.
How you feel is how you feel, I guess. I do have two follow-up questions, though:
  1. How many times do you listen to these other broadcasters when they're not playing Sacramento? Because you said that all those commentators I listed talk less than Kayte and I feel like, if you were watching a random Bulls/Magic game on League Pass, you couldn't possibly believe that.
  2. Why are you comparing a play-by-play announcer to a color commentator? Philly's color guy is Alaa Abdelnaby; do you like Kate Scott more than you like Draper, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.