[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 7, 3-3) 4/30/2023 12:30pm Pacific 3:30pm Eastern (ABC)

On October 3, 2022, did you, in your wildest dreams, picture the Kings playing in a game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
This is the second time I see you do this. Do you determine this by having intimate knowledge like how you determine that Mike Brown's substitution "sucks"?
There's a lot of people that insist we are stingy instead of being smart and not trying to do too much too soon.

I'm sure some people who have since deleted their tweets were proclaiming the Gobert trade a homerun for the young T'Wolves team.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
In this series (when it really matters) he has only nailed it in game 1.

I am not here because I am happy that we have lost. And I am not a troll.

I comment this because I am really pissed off.

I am just not so optimistic and idealistic as some of you are. I am just realistic.
Im with you, just not about Fox. He shouldn’t get any criticism after what he did for us.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
It hurts...but look at what the Kings have done...
You have to respect the accomplishment. From the cellar to the 7th game....in one year.
They have learned how to win. They know how it feels now.
A generation of fans now knows how it feels to root for winners.
We have a ways to go...but we can get there.
I will say, we could have folded in Game 6 and I'd be no less proud of the team but getting to a Game 7 and losing at home like this, this may not be 2002 WCF loss at home but this is the kind of experience that team would have benefited from in years 1-3.

Nah him and est1999 are just posters who only show up when the team is bad. At least kb02 gave takes that you could talk about. These dudes are just here to be whine and complain in a public forum
yeh there are the temporary ignore list posters and permanent ones. When you have no redeeming qualities as a poster you become the latter

Last edited:
Was a necessary private intervention for evacuating your emotional bowels by calling our players "assholes" on this board... which you have since deleted. Thank you for deleting and responding favorably to my intervention. Guess you wanted to make it public.
I didn’t delete a thing. I’d post it again , you need to revaluate some things

There's a lot of people that insist we are stingy instead of being smart and not trying to do too much too soon.

I'm sure some people who have since deleted their tweets were proclaiming the Gobert trade a homerun for the young T'Wolves team.
People always try to interpret "lack of action" as "unmotivated". Sometimes it's better to remain silent than to open your mouth and remove all doubt for the rest of us.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This isn't "rookie" stuff, this is usage. Now part of that might be a decision based on him being a rookie but that you accommodate him as a player? Yep, being saying that all year, will keep saying it. We watched this franchise NOT accommodate Fox for years as fans argued he "just sucked" and thankfully, better late than never. My preference is to find a way to extract more of Keegans game because then accommodating him might be a whole heck of a lot easier.
I think that what Mike Brown will be able to "extract" from Murray will be informed by what Murray looks like going into training camp. I've been saying some version of this since the All-Star break, at least.

This is the second time I see you do this. Do you determine this by having intimate knowledge like how you determine that Mike Brown's substitution "sucks"?
I speak the truth....whether you believe it or not is up to you. Kings for years....have failed to sign big free agents because either they're being stingy on their spending or the superstars didn't want to come here.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
People always try to interpret "lack of action" as "unmotivated". Sometimes it's better to remain silent than to open your mouth and remove all doubt for the rest of us.
I get into it with a Kings fellow on twitter often who is convinced we are just cheap without considering the ramifications of things like the BAE hard capping the team. We absolutely needed to maintain some flexibility this year. We went three years with J-Will making pawn sized chess moves until going in on the Bibby deal.

Again, I will point time and time again to Minnesota.

Young team that is learning. Fox is now a superstar. The team will get national tv time next year and a fan base outside Sacramento, two legitimate all stars (no we won't pass the ball at all to the point guard BS), etc. etc. Refs won't call us like they did all year and maybe HCA will mean more to us next year when that happens.

This is year one of a shift, not the end game.

Was completely on board with bringing Barnes back, but I think they could stand to upgrade that position . Great guy and leader, but need better production for what he’s going to command

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I speak the truth....whether you believe it or not is up to you. Kings for years....have failed to sign big free agents because either they're being stingy on their spending or the superstars didn't want to come here.
They've failed to sign big free agents over the last 17 years because they've been historically inept and in no position to add big free agent names lol. What? Did you really think the Kings could have signed Lebron if only Vivek had opened his wallet more or something?

I think Brown got out coached after halftime. The trope of "YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT MORE" isn't a viable metric in that situation.

DHO hand off action hasn't worked all series and yet we still went to it in the 3rd in a game seven, Warriors basically got to rest. Looney as a result got his usual offensive rebounds because he was not even guarding Sabonis, he was already in position to grab and offensive rebound.

Why even go away from what worked last game? Go a bit smaller, draw Loony out of the paint, go at him with you guards. Let Trey shoot. Run some pick and rolls and hunt mismatches... Instead we played TD for 25 minutes when he was barely getting off the bench.. had a great 1st but he shouldve not played as much in the 2nd. Davion only played 9 minutes? Were those all non curry minutes?

Why not utilize Barnes more against GSW bench players? I feel we didnt utilize him correctly all season, he is more of a small 4 than a wing now, he can easily draw fouls and go at guards. Have him go at players like DDV,GP2,Poole.

Why even have Dearron in a multiguard lineup when he is just going to up shooting more threes instead of handling? FOX/TD/Monk has not worked all year. Completely went away from what worked last game to.. keep running DHO action with Huerter who has shot 15% from three this series and Sabonis who isn't even being guarded out at 16 feet and refuses to look at the basket if it isnt within 3 feet.

Keegan played great.. his development will be monumental for this team.
Exactly that's what puzzled me. We won last game because of small ball....and then he didn't play much of it this game? Like wtf? So what if Looney is in the lineup....by going small...you draw him and Draymond out and allow Fox and Monk to attack....this is what they have problem the last game. And yet Brown chose to use Sabonis more ....like why? So Looney and Green can hog the paint? In fact, they're so deep in the paint and just waiting there...the refs could have call 3 seconds violations all game long but they didn't. The substitution is what upset me about this game, never mind that we lost.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
They've failed to sign big free agents over the last 17 years because they've been historically inept and in no position to add big free agent names lol. What? Did you really think the Kings could have signed Lebron if only Vivek had opened his wallet more or something?
I really doubt things are changing on the free agent front even now non-inept. Monte gonna have to manufacture it again. He can. I think we’ll still just have to hit the right role players in FA.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I think Brown got out coached after halftime. The trope of "YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT MORE" isn't a viable metric in that situation.

DHO hand off action hasn't worked all series and yet we still went to it in the 3rd in a game seven, Warriors basically got to rest. Looney as a result got his usual offensive rebounds because he was not even guarding Sabonis, he was already in position to grab and offensive rebound.

Why even go away from what worked last game? Go a bit smaller, draw Loony out of the paint, go at him with you guards. Let Trey shoot. Run some pick and rolls and hunt mismatches... Instead we played TD for 25 minutes when he was barely getting off the bench.. had a great 1st but he shouldve not played as much in the 2nd. Davion only played 9 minutes? Were those all non curry minutes?

Why not utilize Barnes more against GSW bench players? I feel we didnt utilize him correctly all season, he is more of a small 4 than a wing now, he can easily draw fouls and go at guards. Have him go at players like DDV,GP2,Poole.

Why even have Dearron in a multiguard lineup when he is just going to up shooting more threes instead of handling? FOX/TD/Monk has not worked all year. Completely went away from what worked last game to.. keep running DHO action with Huerter who has shot 15% from three this series and Sabonis who isn't even being guarded out at 16 feet and refuses to look at the basket if it isnt within 3 feet.

Keegan played great.. his development will be monumental for this team.
Some of this is a bit revisionist as I don't think things really fell apart until a 5 minute stretch from the end of the 3rd to the start of the 4th and it happened so quickly that there wasn't much time to adjust. But I liked your post because a lot of it sounds accurate to me.

I was also disappointed Coach Brown went back to the DHO in the second half. It worked for the first 2 quarters today because GS wasn't ready for it. They came out of the half in zone though ready to stop Sabonis and it worked. Our shooters couldn't get the looks they wanted. Calling a quick timeout and switching back to the spread pick and roll and sprinting up and down the floor with a guard heavy lineup like we did in Game 6 might have caught them off balance there or at least slowed Curry's ability to take over by himself. It wasn't Mike Brown's best half from a coaching standpoint but the guy was the unanimous Coach of the Year so I can cut him some slack. And a lot of times coaches make check-mate moves like that and they backfire and make things even worse so we don't really know what would have happened.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Exactly that's what puzzled me. We won last game because of small ball....and then he didn't play much of it this game? Like wtf? So what if Looney is in the lineup....by going small...you draw him and Draymond out and allow Fox and Monk to attack....this is what they have problem the last game. And yet Brown chose to use Sabonis more ....like why? So Looney and Green can hog the paint? In fact, they're so deep in the paint and just waiting there...the refs could have call 3 seconds violations all game long but they didn't. The substitution is what upset me about this game, never mind that we lost.
Sabonis seemed to have a good first half. It's not like Kerr didn't make adjustments either. Fox got in foul trouble early in the 3rd.

I don't like everything Brown did today but we weren't out coached so much as everyone failed to shine in this moment and the refs made sure to help the Dubs out too. If they had been hitting free throws in the third it would have been a 50 point loss. And much of those calls were bail outs or undeserved, especially when they set the tone early calling Keegan for a leg kick, which is like the most un-Keegan thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.