[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 5, 2-2) 4/26/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was directly on Brown. Not a single play ran for Keegan after his hot 1st quarter. Didn't run a dribble hand off or a curl off a screen or anything. Was basically like "Thanks for your service, now go stand in the corner while the rest of our guys go 2-20 for the rest of the game".

Epic choke job by nearly everyone. Fox and Davion shouldn't be shooting 18 threes in any game. Crazy thing is we still shot a slightly higher percentage from 3 than the Warriors. They don't have bad shooting games very often and when you can't capitalize on them, you're going to be in trouble in a 7 game series.
yeah I thought Fox and Monk and Davion had a poor game in they did not get their guys going. Now granted Barnes and Huerter couldn’t hit a 3 all series but Murray was hot and the point guards failed to get him the ball.

I thought it was directly on Brown. Not a single play ran for Keegan after his hot 1st quarter. Didn't run a dribble hand off or a curl off a screen or anything. Was basically like "Thanks for your service, now go stand in the corner while the rest of our guys go 2-20 for the rest of the game".

Epic choke job by nearly everyone. Fox and Davion shouldn't be shooting 18 threes in any game. Crazy thing is we still shot a slightly higher percentage from 3 than the Warriors. They don't have bad shooting games very often and when you can't capitalize on them, you're going to be in trouble in a 7 game series.
I don’t think they choked. I think they both tried to do too much instead of working the offense. You see it in the turnovers and the low percentages. That happens in your first play-off series. You have to get better. And yes the Kings are still weak defensively at the 2-3 spot. It is an area we have to upgrade to get better as a team.

Since the Kings have made the playoffs, Monte doesn't need to make a win now move. He does have to maximize Fox's career though. The Kings are electric when both Fox and Monk are on. Pair Fox with a starting wing who can create his own shot (a PG type) and this is a WCF team. I prefer that role be given to Keegan if he can handle it.
Yeah the point is you give Keegan the opportunity to potentially develop into that sort of scoring wing. Thr shooting is already so rare and if he develops as an on-ball scorer, you'll basically never find another wing like that. Ir if you do, it'll cost you 3+ FRP and an elite young talent

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Man we just blew that chance in game 4. You have to admit that was a real deflator. I didn't feel too hot heading into this one.

Teams given everything but they'd have to pull out an all world performance to take this to 7. Don't see it but you never know. Chance is there for them.
Harrison blowing off the playcall to set up a three when it’s not what you needed will live rent free in my head forever. I don’t want that guy anywhere near this team next season.

Heres the deal. Sabonis and heurter arent leaving. We didnt have championship aspirations like the bucks. People act like that is the situation we are in and we are not there yet. We are on the rise and put the world on notice with this series. We are coming. I get it. We lost. We are all disappointed. This is the beginning of the journey, and isnt the finished product. We should be proud of the fact they have done what they have done instead of looking to destroy this team. Also an important note to remember is the series isnt over yet. Regardless what happens tomorrow, we won. When was the last time we said that around here?

Heres the deal. Sabonis and heurter arent leaving. We didnt have championship aspirations like the bucks. People act like that is the situation we are in and we are not there yet. We are on the rise and put the world on notice with this series. We are coming. I get it. We lost. We are all disappointed. This is the beginning of the journey, and isnt the finished product. We should be proud of the fact they have done what they have done instead of looking to destroy this team. Also an important note to remember is the series isnt over yet. Regardless what happens tomorrow, we won. When was the last time we said that around here?
I do agree that trading key pieces of a team that was just put together over the last year and is in year one of clearly a long term rise after (possibly, it's not even over yet) losing in the first round is overreacting a wee bit.

Last edited:
agreed but Heurter can’t be a starter on a championship team

Harrison blowing off the playcall to set up a three.../QUOTE]

I never got a look at the replay. Did he really not follow the plan? Barnes shot with 1.1 seconds left on the clock. I thought it was just a poorly drawn-up play, since they threw the inbounds to the backcourt instead of forcing it inside the arc to try for a two or a foul; and Fox took his sweet time bringing up the ball, instead of charging and dishing.

I think in the post game conference Coach mentioned he had a play, but Harrison called an audible and did what he did. Cosch said he was okay with it because it was a good shot… but it wasn’t what was drawn up.
I see, thanks. That is not the shot you would expect from a savvy veteran like Barnes.

Always interesting reading the hot takes after tough losses. Except for 1 of the losses, the other 2 games were there for the taking. And that is with Huerter and HB having subpar series so far. **** no I’m not trading Keegan Murray.

My biggest take is that the W’s are the one team we could enforce our offense on. Warriors have done a good job and I guess it’s a reason they have won championships. They aren’t doodoo. I’m not questioning Brown either. He’s earned a long leash from everyone. I’ve wondered why Kessler Edwards hasn’t been utilized as a guy to stop Klay…..clearly he could bother him with his length and agility but Brown has his ideas and I trust him.

If we hit our 3 point shots, the series is over. But we aren’t . Warriors are taking the paint away. Sac has to hit better than the 2 for 26 or whatever it was on 3’s in the last 3 quarters. Only stat one needs to look at is that.

To be fair, we've also seen him regularly struggle against bigger centers. I have to ask myself, who of the playoff teams would be a good matchup for Sabonis?
Bottom line, this team needs interior defense and another consistent go to option.

Sabonis hasn't been horrible, but he doesn't have another gear he can go to for the playoffs.

Kings need to take the gloves off next season for Murray. These last 2 games has showed me he's game for a bigger role if Brown just includes him in the gameplan.
How to you get interior defense when your starting all star center doesn't give you that? You either move him to the 4 and play Len or just play Len more. The problem is obvious. You can't play an uptempo long range offense with a twin tower front line. The latter option keeps Sabonis off the floor.

The third option is for him to get healthy and work on expanding his face up game out to the 3 and his post game with baby hooks and turn around Js. If he does this then there's nothing the defense will be able to do to limit him and his defensive liability becomes less of an issue, ala Jokic.

Doing this also allows some time to play the twin towers in limited minutes because if Domas can suddenly space the floor like a Kevin Love then the offense doesn't suffer.

How to you get interior defense when your starting all star center doesn't give you that? You either move him to the 4 and play Len or just play Len more. The problem is obvious. You can't play an uptempo long range offense with a twin tower front line. The latter option keeps Sabonis off the floor.

The third option is for him to get healthy and work on expanding his face up game out to the 3 and his post game with baby hooks and turn around Js. If he does this then there's nothing the defense will be able to do to limit him and his defensive liability becomes less of an issue, ala Jokic.
I think the basic answer is that when he is open from the 3, just take the shot. He did improve to a career high 37% this season

Always interesting reading the hot takes after tough losses. Except for 1 of the losses, the other 2 games were there for the taking. And that is with Huerter and HB having subpar series so far. **** no I’m not trading Keegan Murray.

My biggest take is that the W’s are the one team we could enforce our offense on. Warriors have done a good job and I guess it’s a reason they have won championships. They aren’t doodoo. I’m not questioning Brown either. He’s earned a long leash from everyone. I’ve wondered why Kessler Edwards hasn’t been utilized as a guy to stop Klay…..clearly he could bother him with his length and agility but Brown has his ideas and I trust him.

If we hit our 3 point shots, the series is over. But we aren’t . Warriors are taking the paint away. Sac has to hit better than the 2 for 26 or whatever it was on 3’s in the last 3 quarters. Only stat one needs to look at is that.
A top priority for me going into next season, is to make it clear to Murray that he is not 4th or 5th in the pecking order

I do agree that trading key pieces of a team that was just put together over the last year and is in year one of a clearly a long term rise after (possibly, it's not even over yet) losing in the first round is overreacting a wee bit.
Imagine someone saying Corliss and J Will were key pieces in 1999. Kevin isn't a core of this team. Replacing him when his value is high at a deadline may actually help this team if we added a 2/3 major scoring threat.

A top priority for me going into next season, is to make it clear to Murray that he is not 4th or 5th in the pecking order
His personality seems very passive to me. He seems to not want to establish himself but rather be a part of the team, but when he's needed he doesn't assert all that often. Not sure if he can address the timidity in the next few years but I see similarities with HB and his passivity.

One silver lining is that Barnes started doing what he does best which is drive and get to the foul line, something he should have been doing earlier. We have to okay our way if we are going to win Friday. Sabonis around the rim and elbow, Fox driving and mid range, Barnes driving and getting fouls and Keegan Huerter letting it fly. If we lose doing that so be it

His personality seems very passive to me. He seems to not want to establish himself but rather be a part of the team, but when he's needed he doesn't assert all that often. Not sure if he can address the timidity in the next few years but I see similarities with HB and his passivity.
I see the same thing. It's almost as if he got it into his mind, that analytically he is a 3rd or 4th option. Can't have that mindset. Hopefully this experience changes that. There's that word again, experience

I see the same thing. It's almost as if he got it into his mind, that analytically he is a 3rd or 4th option. Can't have that mindset. Hopefully this experience changes that. There's that word again, experience
Even Fox would be too passive at times until this year. He’d show flashes of being able to take over games, but wouldn’t lock in like that consistently. Now he’s taken that leap.

He doesn’t have the same physical advantages, of course, but I would love to see the same growth mentally from Keegan. And I think it will come as he gets more comfortable and experienced.

With keegan it could be a combination of the coaching staff throttling down his usage so he develops properly and his personality. He has shown when aggressive he can be a good player

With keegan it could be a combination of the coaching staff throttling down his usage so he develops properly and his personality. He has shown when aggressive he can be a good player
They need to make it clear to him that he's more important to the team, than what it currently appears is their comfort zone with him. If he only gets 6 shot attempts, it hurts this team. I'm not sure anyone has made this known to him

Too much hero ball the past few games and not enough of what got us here. Move the ball. Set good screens. Drive and kick.

I distinctly remember multiple drives wherewe could have kicked it to an open Keegan but forced it inside instead. Sometimes it worked, other times it resulted in a turnover. Either way, we are not moving the ball enough and it’s really weird to see based on how much the ball popped all season long.

At the very beginning I was encouraged to see Keegan driving in and getting shots, I never ever really seen that in the regular season, my mouth dropped. Lets hope he builds on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.