[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 5, 2-2) 4/26/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he walks and you replace him with Sasha, is it a big deal?

Genuine question, you'd now at least have another sniper in the starting lineup, maybe lose the potential for an Iso no movement offense bucket though from what I understand about Sasha
Playoffs are showing you NEED the iso ball. Every team that makes it relies on it still although shooting is huge too. I've been watching a lot of Sasha, Sasha probably doesn't replace what Barnes brings. Might be able to replace a Murray or Lyles though. It depends though because I do think Sasha has a game similar to Klay Thompson or Kevin Huerter in terms of his guard skills. Could he be a Bojan Bogdanovic type if called upon? He might. He might. It's a gamble if all eggs are in that basket though but if he can be it's possible that he and Murray would if Murray never gets much of his iso game going under Brown.

Part of it is that Keegan is not aggressive. He often gets the ball in positions where a quick decisive cut would force the defense to rotate but he passes it if he doesn't already have an open lane or wide open jumper. But Fox is right -- Keegan is the best catch and shoot player on the team right now so they need to be running plays for him at this point. The Warriors have taken away the Sabonis dribble hand-off and we haven't found an answer yet. If we don't at least try to run pick and rolls with Fox and Sabonis designed to feed the ball to Keegan for in motion threes this series will be over in 6 games. I'd put Davion on Steph every single minute Steph is on the floor too.
Dang it one more..

Keegan is playing the same game he’s played all season. It’s everyone else who’s changing it up and not making the extra pass. I love monk and he’s kept us in games but he’s taking way too many shots right now. We can’t go curry vs monk and win consistently. We need to play team ball on Friday or we going fishing

I don't think we have many tradeable pieces besides maybe draft picks.

Any other piece of value I think is a piece that we want to keep
If they decide to move on from Barnes, it would be nice to at least get something for him. Maybe a sign and trade?

Again though, the Brown quote is that "he's irreplaceable"

Dang it one more..

Keegan is playing the same game he’s played all season. It’s everyone else who’s changing it up and not making the extra pass. I love monk and he’s kept us in games but he’s taking way too many shots right now. We can’t go curry vs monk and win consistently. We need to play team ball on Friday or we going fishing
And Keegan all year has had a game log where his big games are not different than his average ones, the only difference is he practically didn't miss any shots, just like last game. It's interesting Fox says they need to "get him open". In the playoffs nobody carries you unless you are role guy. Plain and simple.

Dang it one more..

I've always hated the 1-4 flat play, one on one ball. It really rears it's ugly head when you have a hot player who gets frozen out

Zach LaVine and Bradley Beal would be really interesting names...
To me the top names are Beal and Siakam. Beal is a bit of a gamble though. I brought it up before but I remember there was talk he basically told the Wiz to get him Domas, but the Kings got Domas. Well, there's a way to make that duo happen Brad! haha.

Zach LaVine and Bradley Beal would be really interesting names...
I feel like Paul George is the best fit, but his injury history these past 4-5 seasons is scaring me and he's getting up there in age. It's still a pipe dream getting any of these guys though.

I'm here for Fox. Murray is also giving me a reason to believe. Sabonis is playing as if he forgot how to hold on to the ball and make good decisions. Huerter is playing replacement level. Barnes is Barnes from 2016. Lyles has disappeared. Monk is trying but he is hit or miss. And Davion is playing up to his draft position.

Keepers:

Duh 05
Murray
Help Sabonis grow a pair
Mitchell
Monk

Either trade bait the rest or hope they grow a pair with Sabonis.

To me the top names are Beal and Siakam. Beal is a bit of a gamble though. I brought it up before but I remember there was talk he basically told the Wiz to get him Domas, but the Kings got Domas. Well, there's a way to make that duo happen Brad! haha.
Bradley Beal for Huerter and 2 unprotected 1st round picks.

That's probably a no go though lol, don't think I would want to give up Keegan or Davion

Ugh

Yes Keegan and 3 FRP for Siakam on the last year of his deal when he's going to be 30+ for his next contract.

Sounds like a great way to repeat the Minny mistake!
This is what sucks, where do the Kings get the opportunity otherwise to land a talent anywhere near that considering that player might actually be available? Look at this team, this crowd. Dude ain't going anywhere if they keep this up. The Kings kind of blew all of Fox's early years where they could have used cap flexibility and picks to not have to gamble late. And again, this is coming from someone that was never a huge fan of Siakam as a number 1 guy, well, next to Fox he doesn't have to be. But if the Kings can get someone like him there is no way that forming the next great passing big man duo isn't fate.

Do I need to post my "Team's who go all-in for a star" post again? Where it pretty much never works out for the team who gets the star?
What does going all in mean though? Most teams also don't have the ability to put together a youth/picks package while basically keeping large parts of their roster in tact while also sitting on a Euro MVP who kind of does some of the same things as an instant replacement. If anything, the Warriors show you why holding onto those picks is the worst idea unless you can take those top picks and actually allow them to live up to that potential. I'm losing a little faith in Brown when it comes to that. Where's the sequences that allowed Murray to score 20 in college? This shouldn't be a year 3 thing with him. He's pretty darn developed from the looks of it.

Ugh

Yes Keegan and 3 FRP for Siakam on the last year of his deal when he's going to be 30+ for his next contract.

Sounds like a great way to repeat the Minny mistake!
Who made up this "30" number as a death sentence for the prime of a player's career? Plenty of good/great players through history, who have had prime seasons past that age.

I don't buy into the idea that everyone on this team must be in the same age bracket, in order to fit as an improved playoff team. You really limit your options, if taking that approach

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Dang it one more..

I agree with the first part. I want Coach Brown to show more faith in him though and treat him like a true second option scorer rather than just another floor spacer. If we simply take what the defense gives us we will lose to this Golden State team. Draymond is an out of control lunatic and the officials do not care. The only way we extend this series is by stretching their defense enough that Fox and Sabonis can actually get good looks in the paint again. Spacing is the force multiplier which allows our offense to sing and for the last two games Keegan has been the only guy who is actually making threes consistently.

Do I need to post my "Team's who go all-in for a star" post again? Where it pretty much never works out for the team who gets the star?
I think our Sabonis trade worked out....

too soon? It would be nice to start a new thread since people here would probably rather discuss the game than explore scenarios for trading our players

Are we willing to give up Murray though if the chance presents itself where we're able to get another star because you know they will ask for him right?

We don’t even have the salary to match on a big trade as far as I can tell.
The Kings will likely have some ability to work Barnes' deal a bit I think. The Kings should have some wiggle room. Teams are going to have eat Holmes though. I still like the idea of Monte attaching that 24 to holmes to dump him if need be.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If they decide to move on from Barnes, it would be nice to at least get something for him. Maybe a sign and trade?
Let me make sure I understand you correctly: are you proposing a version of reality where the Sacramento Kings decide to move on in a different direction from an unrestricted free agent, and yet, somehow, convince him to agree to a sign-and-trade, not to where he wants to go, but to where the team wants to send him, in return for assets? Is that right?

If the Kings don't want to retain Barnes, their only hope in avoiding losing him for nothing is that he wants to go to a team that can't sign him outright. And even then, you're counting on that team being willing to give up assets that the Kings can actually use.

Are we willing to give up Murray though if the chance presents itself where we're able to get another star because you know they will ask for him right?
Who showed more potential, Hali or Murray? Unless aggressive Monte was a one time thing then it's already been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.