[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 5, 2-2) 4/26/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I can't give GS any credit for winning this game when they had the officials on their side for all 4 quarters. It was touch fouls on one end and no-calls on the other for 48 straight minutes. And we're supposed to be mad at the Kings for missing too many jumpers? They were getting hammered every time they were within 10 feet of the basket. The NBA is still a joke.

Sabonis needs to spend all summer shooting and working on his non bully ball offensive game.

So shooting, hook shots, and floaters.
The frustrating thing is that he has those shots in his arsenal but resorts to bully ball too often. The Warriors are playing him straight up and not biting on the fakes. The hook shot and 12-footer will always be open for him.

The series continues. Let's not talk about "next year" just yet: trades, contracts, and so on and so forth. The Kings team I have watched this season is not going to back down, ever.
Someone will need to step up, who will it be?

Or maybe everyone will step up, that'd be a sight to see!

I can't give GS any credit for winning this game when they had the officials on their side for all 4 quarters. It was touch fouls on one end and no-calls on the other for 48 straight minutes. And we're supposed to be mad at the Kings for missing too many jumpers? They were getting hammered every time they were within 10 feet of the basket. The NBA is still a joke.
Brown said you have to knock out the champ. And he’s right. I honestly think we are giving them way too much respect. We didn’t give them any first two games. Game 3 they blow our back out, now we are running around with our heads cut off in panic every possession. How do you forget about your best shooter for 3 quarters! Unacceptable man.

Brown reminds me of the Waterboy coach right now getting his plays stolen in high heels

Exactly, but isn't it kind of too late to talk about that? I been saying this since the series start...they're not looking for him and help him get shots. Sometimes, he's open but the team don't care. They play a style where if anybody is open, they get the ball regardless if that open player is struggling throughout the game or not. This is why Barnes get the last shot in game 4 and brick it. This team has talents but sometimes lack IQ and lack of recognizing who's hot and who's not at any moment in the game.

Another thing is why guard Green so tight? You could have back off and use another body to double team their shooters.

Barnes is still talented, though. What’s the plan, let him walk?
If he walks and you replace him with Sasha, is it a big deal?

Genuine question, you'd now at least have another sniper in the starting lineup, maybe lose the potential for an Iso no movement offense bucket though from what I understand about Sasha

Genuine question, you'd now at least have another sniper in the starting lineup, maybe lose the potential for an Iso no movement offense bucket though from what I understand about Sasha
Haven't really kept up with Sasha, but is he even close to coming to the NBA any time soon?

Brown needs to make better and faster adjustments. Staying with the same rotation that got you there is fine if we are winning. We have lost 3 in a row and we are one loss away from summer vacay.!

Brown needs to bring Huerter off the bench and start Davion! Davion handcuffed Steph all night and then Brown sits him the last 4 minutes when we need to stop Curry? What the heck! Brown should have kept Off night on curry and sat Barnes.

Murray needed to get some shots and he got none after the 1st quarter. The Kings kept going for 2s and couldn’t get a stop. You can’t trade 2s when you are down 10 in the 4th quarter! I’m disappointed with Brown adjustments this series. He needs to do better!

Sasha's game in Europe is very similar to Keegan's current role. Off-ball shooter who can hit 3s at a high clip. The only caveat is that he's a really poor defender

Brown needs to make better and faster adjustments. Staying with the same rotation that got you there is fine if we are winning. We have lost 3 in a row and we are one loss away from summer vacay.!

Brown needs to bring Huerter off the bench and start Davion! Davion handcuffed Steph all night and then Brown sits him the last 4 minutes when we need to stop Curry? What the heck! Brown should have kept Off night on curry and sat Barnes.

Murray needed to get some shots and he got none after the 1st quarter. The Kings kept going for 2s and couldn’t get a stop. You can’t trade 2s when you are down 10 in the 4th quarter! I’m disappointed with Brown adjustments this series. He needs to do better!
The Warriors brought Wiggins off the bench, then started Wiggins then brought Draymond off the bench.

You have to do what you have to do to win

Better than not doing anything, getting another stinker, and regretting it

Next year, trade Huerter and Barnes for a superstar if we can. They have severe limitations, both players. Barnes is not a great defensive player especially team help defense...his rotation is a bit slow. Individually, he doesn't scare anybody. He doesn't have the length to intimidate or bother anybody...he may also got outrebound because of his size. Huerter is a good scorer but giving up buckets on the other end. His defensive skills is severely lacking...not able to move fast to keep up with the faster player or even in simple pick n roll. He doesn't have the length, size or strength to play great defense consistently. If we do make a trade, that player need to shoot just as well like them but also play great D...block shots, rebound, ect..

If the Kings want to upgrade their roster and take it to another level, these are the ONLY positions they can do it. Sabonis, Fox and Murray are set for the starting lineups. Monk and Mitchell are untouchable imo. Anybody else can be traded for better value.
Sorry, that's not happening. The superstar packages are going to be youth and a crippling amount of future picks. Good news, a few teams like Tortonto, maybe the Wizards might be willing to finally tap out on their superstars. Monte has to look at this as Fox and Sabonis and everything else is touchable for the right price.

Sorry, that's not happening. The superstar packages are going to be youth and a crippling amount of future picks. Good news, a few teams like Tortonto, maybe the Wizards might be willing to finally tap out on their superstars. Monte has to look at this as Fox and Sabonis and everything else is touchable for the right price.
I'm not trading Keegan.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Exactly, but isn't it kind of too late to talk about that? I been saying this since the series start...they're not looking for him and help him get shots. Sometimes, he's open but the team don't care. They play a style where if anybody is open, they get the ball regardless if that open player is struggling throughout the game or not. This is why Barnes get the last shot in game 4 and brick it. This team has talents but sometimes lack IQ and lack of recognizing who's hot and who's not at any moment in the game.
Part of it is that Keegan is not aggressive. He often gets the ball in positions where a quick decisive cut would force the defense to rotate but he passes it if he doesn't already have an open lane or wide open jumper. But Fox is right -- Keegan is the best catch and shoot player on the team right now so they need to be running plays for him at this point. The Warriors have taken away the Sabonis dribble hand-off and we haven't found an answer yet. If we don't at least try to run pick and rolls with Fox and Sabonis designed to feed the ball to Keegan for in motion threes this series will be over in 6 games. I'd put Davion on Steph every single minute Steph is on the floor too.

Dammit one more thing

Kings are a team built to score and Brown is trying to put a defensive lineup out there, which isn't slowing down the Warriors and kneecapping the Kings offense.

we have to let it fly. Play Red Velvet his normal minutes and Davion his normal minuets and live with the results, let it fly and bring it back to sac

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Status
Not open for further replies.