[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 2, 1-0) 4/14/2023 7:00pm Pacific 10:00pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Was thinking of going to the Section 916 thing after work but I developed a cold over the past couple days and am going to stay home nursing it instead of sharing with everyone. Left work early too.

Have fun tonight both inside and outside G1C and light the beam!!!

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Thoughts and philosophies on tonight's game,

When a team is so unstoppable offensively you either try to slow down the pace or change the plan. I have a feeling the Warriors will test the physicality that the Referees will let them get away with. I am not feeling comfortable with what Draymond Green has in plan for tonight's game. They gave maximum effort shutting down Huerter's DHO action and we still scored 126.

They will most likely involve Sabonis in more PnR action, i saw a few times we tried to double near the 3pt line and it was too late and from bad angles.

The Warriors will either try to double Dearron fox early and get the ball out of his hands the entire game and let Looney and Draymond play 1 on 1 vs Sabonis. They tried double Dearron but it was too late, they doubled him past the half court line and he made Andrew Wiggins run into Jordan Poole. I expect them to extend this defense out and play GP2 more minutes. Sabonis needs to play better if he is going to be guarded 1 on 1.

Malik may be a player you have leash with in the regular season, but to his benefit, he is valuable in the playoffs because he isn't afraid of anybody or any team.

There is one day of rest between games and I feel like this Benefits the Kings.

What is the color of the night?

Purple, my brothers and sisters.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I should also mention that Warriors fans on the radio today are convinced that they will have tons of fans tonight, and that Game 1 was our big hurrah and effort to block Warriors fans. They are predicting upwards of 25% fans tonight. There may be some truth to additional Dubs fans tonight (maybe a few hundred more), and that STH were more likely to sell Game 1 than Game 2, but I don't know how they can predict 25% after what happened in Game 1. Warriors fans continue to amaze.
Many of us have been there 20 years ago, and I've unfortunately dealt with it as a Boston fan for two decades, but for fans that didn't barely exist a decade ago they sure have some balls.

Many of us have been there 20 years ago, and I've unfortunately dealt with it as a Boston fan for two decades, but for fans that didn't barely exist a decade ago they sure have some balls.
The entire reason I became a STH was to *go* to games like Game 1, but I did sell this game and picked up lower bowl seats two sections away for *$320* + fees, about an hour ago when the Kings dropped some more tickets. Five minutes later the 8 seats next to me were sold & back up as resale for $150 more. So there’s still a lot of activity out there. Prices will drop closer to game time, so if you live close, it may be to your advantage yo keep checking over the next few hours if you don’t have a seat.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
A worry i have is that tonights game is going to be ticky tack calls. The worry with that is sabonis getting in foul trouble and the warriors selling calls
They brought out a ref who notoriously hates the Kings tonight. But on the other hand, it's game 2 of the playoffs and they are graded on performance so if the dude sucks it could cost him Rounds 2 and beyond. He may be bad but he isn't "the fixer", I think that's Tony Brothers.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The entire reason I became a STH was to *go* to games like Game 1, but I did sell this game and picked up lower bowl seats two sections away for *$320* + fees, about an hour ago when the Kings dropped some more tickets. Five minutes later the 8 seats next to me were sold & back up as resale for $150 more. So there’s still a lot of activity out there. Prices will drop closer to game time, so if you live close, it may be to your advantage yo keep checking over the next few hours if you don’t have a seat.
My mom is out of town and visiting later this week otherwise my plan (and maybe for a future round) is to come down and just plan to do whatever local festivities exist but look for a ticket deal - can't lose either way I guess. Also sucks kid has "school" lol

They brought out a ref who notoriously hates the Kings tonight. But on the other hand, it's game 2 of the playoffs and they are graded on performance so if the dude sucks it could cost him Rounds 2 and beyond. He may be bad but he isn't "the fixer", I think that's Tony Brothers.
I'm generally out of the loop on ref activities, which one tonight hates us?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Thoughts and philosophies on tonight's game,

When a team is so unstoppable offensively you either try to slow down the pace or change the plan. I have a feeling the Warriors will test the physicality that the Referees will let them get away with. I am not feeling comfortable with what Draymond Green has in plan for tonight's game. They gave maximum effort shutting down Huerter's DHO action and we still scored 126.

They will most likely involve Sabonis in more PnR action, i saw a few times we tried to double near the 3pt line and it was too late and from bad angles.

The Warriors will either try to double Dearron fox early and get the ball out of his hands the entire game and let Looney and Draymond play 1 on 1 vs Sabonis. They tried double Dearron but it was too late, they doubled him past the half court line and he made Andrew Wiggins run into Jordan Poole. I expect them to extend this defense out and play GP2 more minutes. Sabonis needs to play better if he is going to be guarded 1 on 1.

Malik may be a player you have leash with in the regular season, but to his benefit, he is valuable in the playoffs because he isn't afraid of anybody or any team.

There is one day of rest between games and I feel like this Benefits the Kings.

What is the color of the night?

Purple, my brothers and sisters.
Pace is key. There's a reason Brown is continually demanding his team runs like hell. It's a great leveler for playing against the Warriors. First, it reduces the efficacy of Green's antics and physicality. Second, it wears on the 35 year old Curry. Third, it reduces the effectiveness of the Warriors in their half court defense because they are not playing nearly as much of it. Then, of course, it augments the strength of Fox and the Kings. And last but not least, the longer the series goes, the more the pace is going to wear on Curry, Green, and possibly Klay because of his prior injuries.

P.S. I'm curious on how Wiggins plays tonight. I've seen it a zillion times where a player comes back after a very long hiatus and plays great in the first game, only to crash and burn in the 2nd. Wiggins could well be the exception to the rule, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Ya know, after a magical experience being in that building for game 1. I choose to trust this team going forward and I’m gonna stop expecting the worst and bracing myself for it. This team continues to surprise me and has made me so happy this year. I really think we can win another one here at home for game 2 and i just hope and believe our guys will be prepared for another haymaker or two, whilst throwing our own their way. Let’s light that beam again!!!

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Pace is key. There's a reason Brown is continually demanding his team runs like hell. It's a great leveler for playing against the Warriors. First, it reduces the efficacy of Green's antics and physicality. Second, it wears on the 35 year old Curry. Third, it reduces the effectiveness of the Warriors in their half court defense because they are not playing nearly as much of it. Then, of course, it augments the strength of Fox and the Kings. And last but not least, the longer the series goes, the more the pace is going to wear on Curry, Green, and possibly Klay because of his prior injuries.

P.S. I'm curious on how Wiggins plays tonight. I've seen it a zillion times where a player comes back after a very long hiatus and plays great in the first game, only to crash and burn in the 2nd. Wiggins could well be the exception to the rule, but it's something to keep an eye on.
Interesting note on pace - it may not be the be-all end-all vs. the Warriors who seem to outpace us - but I still think it plays to our advantage in a 7 game series:

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Praying for this as Fox hopefully continues to go off. I also want Sabonis to keep taking that mid range top of the key jumper, in the spirit of Brad Miller. They’re daring him to take it as if he can’t make it, and we all know he can.
I'm just dying at the notion of all the GS fans that think we hit them with our best shot on Saturday.

Lets go!! I'm not sure Poole potentially being out is a good thing. He can heat up quick, but personally doesn't seem like a winning player for them.

Someone else needs to get hot from 3 as I don't think we can count on Fox's three point shot falling as well as it did in the second half of game 1. We'll definitely need better shooting from Kevin and Keegan in this one. If nobody is hitting, I wouldn't mind seeing TD get a 5 minute run just to see if we get "good" TD. When he's on fire he can turn a game in a hurry.

I think we see an even higher scoring game tonight than in Game 1. Kings know they need to try to bury them with an offensive onslaught.
This is exactly how I’m feeling. I wouldn’t mind a small stint from TD just to see if he’s either gonna be really bad or drop 35 on them. We have so many guys that can light them up and surprise em on a good night

Was thinking of going to the Section 916 thing after work but I developed a cold over the past couple days and am going to stay home nursing it instead of sharing with everyone. Left work early too.

Have fun tonight both inside and outside G1C and light the beam!!!
Hope you feel better and game 2’s result makes you spring outta bed with JOY!

A worry i have is that tonights game is going to be ticky tack calls. The worry with that is sabonis getting in foul trouble and the warriors selling calls
We just have to stay focused and continue to rise above it as we’ve done all year. The first half of game 1 was pretty egregious and went against us in so many ways in regards to the officiating, if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.