[Game] Kings vs Clippers, 3/3/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trey Lyles another huge game. 10-8 on 5 shots off the bench. Monk shooting 1-8, but chips in some incredible playmaking, including that dime to Domas with under 45 seconds in the game. TD being a nothing was noticeable, he's got to find his floor play again. He hasn't been great after the all-star break, starting to fall in that old TD pattern where he's unplayable. Davion stats weren't great, but I thought he strung together his 2nd consecutive quality game where he made an impact on the floor.

Honestly crazy how dialed Fox and Domas are:

23-10-7 on 13 shots for Domas
33-7-7 on 22 shots for Fox

It's like we almost expect those a nightly basis now. Not even a surprise.

Well that's the awful double-edged sword isn't it? They criticize the Kings for not making moves before the trade deadline now they'll make excuses for the clippers because they're working in new players.
I think that’s what people forget. When you make a big trade for a starter, it takes time to in incorporate the player in. Monte is betting on that we have the cohesion already on a new team and didn’t want to rock the boat

If I am not mistaken, Recee Caldwell Fox was on or behind the bench at the end of the game, and was giving De'Aaron some encouragement in the final seconds. Rather surprising to see, but she did play in college and the WNBA.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The only thing y'all have to be worried about is him getting jobbed for AD, if the gd lakers somehow make it into the playoffs.
Giving an All-NBA spot to a guy who only played half the season on a team that might make the play-in if they over-perform for the last month of the season would be on brand for the NBA too, unfortunately.

The only thing y'all have to be worried about is him getting jobbed for AD, if the gd lakers somehow make it into the playoffs.
Domas is a tier below Jokic and Embiid, but I think the 4th C this season (whoever that is. Bam? AD?) is a pretty clear tier or 2 below what Domas has done this season. Shouldn't even be a contest he's 3rd team All-NBA

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Domas is a tier below Jokic and Embiid, but I think the 4th C this season (whoever that is. Bam? AD?) is a pretty clear tier or 2 below what Domas has done this season. Shouldn't even be a contest he's 3rd team All-NBA
Well you know Bam and whoever is a better duo than anyone they got in Sac. -Colin Coward

You know who I'm a fan of? Trey Lyles. I'm a huge Trey Lyles fan.
The "Throw-in" in the Bagley trade ends up being significantly better than Bagley.

Dude has figured it out in a Kings uni. He was great in a "starter in a pinch" role for us at the end of last year and he's been so good off the bench this year. Just wish Brown was willing to use him at some small-ball 5, I think his pick and pop game could be so deadly with Fox. Would be fun to see some Lyles-Keegan at the 5-4 and rotating them getting action as the screener.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yeah, but the universe will never pass up the opportunity to screw over this team. Rochester narrowly avoided becoming the first team to blow a 3-0 lead in the Finals in '51, and the basketball gods have been making the franchise pay for it ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.