2023 TRADE DEADLINE MEGATHREAD

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Monte waiting for all these other teams to burn their second rounders so he can bargain hunt for guys when teams get desperate for a return before the final buzzer lol

Well, I don’t know that it’s going to be fine, but I do know that the deadline isn’t here yet, so it’s not worth panicking until we have a complete picture.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Carmichael Dave having a meltdown on the air right now. It's literally going to be fine, guys. These other teams are trading assets to CATCH UP to us right now, not the other way around.
Thybule would be nice but worth a meltdown? Naaaaaa

Holmes and maybe Davion for guys who better fit our system. I’m not in a rush to trade Davion unless the move is absolutely right.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well, I don’t know that it’s going to be fine, but I do know that the deadline isn’t here yet, so it’s not worth panicking until we have a complete picture.
Plus with the pace that these other western conference teams are burning through their draft picks in these deals, the Kings and Thunder are gonna be the only western conference teams with good players under the age of 30 in a season or two.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Thybule would be nice but worth a meltdown? Naaaaaa

Holmes and maybe Davion for guys who better fit our system. I’m not in a rush to trade Davion unless the move is absolutely right.
Yeah. The Kings are working from a position of strength right now. Don't need to sell the house today just because other guys are maxing out their credit cards to rent a penthouse for a year.

At the same time, the Hornets screwed up and pulled a Vlade on Harry Giles move so it was going to be hard to re-sign him over the summer anyways.
Oh really? In that case, better to just wait for the summer then. Would have had no chance to keep him, Jalen is easily a 6+ mil contract this summer