2023 TRADE DEADLINE MEGATHREAD

Everyone smashing refresh as quickly as they can only to wind up with the inevitable breaking news that we've signed David Stockton to a 10 day G League contract.

No, I'm comparing your reaction to this trade to how people reacted to Howard and Nash going to the Lakers. They were picked by everyone to cruise into the Finals and then the season started and they were actually mediocre.

I don't know what "prisoner of the moment" take means but if you actually think about these guys playing together not in a video game but on an actual court, it's not clear that this is going to work out. We played Phoenix once so far -- we lost by 5 pts with Devin Booker scoring 44 on 28 shots. Durant and Booker have to split the shots now which leaves less for everyone else and neither one is elite from three point range. Book is shooting 36.5% from deep on the season (slightly above his career average). Durant is shooting 37.6% from deep on the season (slightly below his career average). These guys are both mid-range assassins and now they have to share the floor together with less spot-up shooters to space the floor. They're both good enough that they should be able to find a way to make it work but it won't happen over night and they have just over 20 games left to figure it out together this season.
Actually nevermind your just going straight to the ignore list.

What I dont understnad about takes like yours is why dont you just say what your implyng --- "James Jones, the GM of the Suns, 3x NBA Champion, is a complete moron and I know basketball better!" N instead you try some roundabout way of making that point citing KEVIN FREAKING DURANTS 3PT PERCENTAGE, which, to me, seems really weak, lacking context and watered down in comparison.