2023 TRADE DEADLINE MEGATHREAD

This might be the best time to buy low on Simmons...for someone. I ****ing can't stand him, but if a team truely believed they could resurrect his career, this might be the best time to do it.

I did a Holmes/Mitchell/TD for Simmons/Mills trade and it worked.

Last edited:
Please. CP3 is 37 and hardly a superstar anymore. KD probably has a couple more good years in him but they traded away their best defender and one of their top shooters to get him and he hasn't played in a month. A few weeks ago this Suns team was playing so poorly that they weren't even in the top 10 in the West. People are reacting to this the same way they did to Dwight Howard and Steve Nash joining the Lakers -- like the championship is already there's. Here's what everyone seems to overlook with top-heavy lineups -- unless they're getting more possessions somehow, the total number of shots won't change. All adding KD does is take shots away from other players. Both Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnsons were shooting better from 3pt range than Durant is so far this season which means they may actually get worse in terms of Points Per Possession.
Yikes. I'm actually gonna save this comment, your comparing Steve Nash and Dwight Howard to the Lakers to this seasons KD? Seems a bit like a prisoner of the moment type of take..

Yeah Mikael Bridges and Cam Johnson are better 3pt shooters than Durant this season! FOR SURE! Well said. I believe you! very convincing.

Last edited:
This might be the best time to buy low on Simmons...for someone. I ****ing can't stand him, but if a team truely believed they could resurrect his career, this might be the best time to do it.
Oh god, please no. I don't care if the dude costs a bag of chips. Keep him away from Sacramento. I'd much rather keep that bag of chips and enjoy the crunch as opposed to giving up the bag of chips and enjoying an underwhelming, underachieving, underperforming dude try to play sound basketball...

I did a Holmes/Mitchell/TD for Simmons/Mills trade and it worked. If the Nets add a 1St to that, do you take that trade? With all these stars coming into the West, Simmons could be the answer to stopping them. He wouldn't have to score really, just defend and probably would dominate with Sabonis. It would have to be the biggest psy-op, inception style heist movie mission to pull it off though.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I did a Holmes/Mitchell/TD for Simmons/Mills trade and it worked. If the Nets add a 1St to that, do you take that trade? With all these stars coming into the West, Simmons could be the answer to stopping them. He wouldn't have to score really, just defend and probably would dominate with Sabonis. It would have to be the biggest psy-op, inception style heist movie mission to pull it off though.
Simmons is $35M by himself (sans Mills), Holmes/Mitchell/TD is $20M. That doesn't work at all. Did you include Barnes also?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Yikes. I'm actually gonna save this comment, your comparing Steve Nash and Dwight Howard to the Lakers to this seasons KD? Seems a bit like a prisoner of the moment type of take..

Yeah Mikael Bridges and Cam Johnson are better 3pt shooters than Durant this season! FOR SURE! Well said. I believe you! very convincing.
No, I'm comparing your reaction to this trade to how people reacted to Howard and Nash going to the Lakers. They were picked by everyone to cruise into the Finals and then the season started and they were actually mediocre.

I don't know what "prisoner of the moment" take means but if you actually think about these guys playing together not in a video game but on an actual court, it's not clear that this is going to work out. We played Phoenix once so far -- we lost by 5 pts with Devin Booker scoring 44 on 28 shots. Durant and Booker have to split the shots now which leaves less for everyone else and neither one is elite from three point range. Book is shooting 36.5% from deep on the season (slightly above his career average). Durant is shooting 37.6% from deep on the season (slightly below his career average). These guys are both mid-range assassins and now they have to share the floor together with less spot-up shooters to stretch out the defense. They're both good enough that they should be able to find a way to make it work but it won't happen overnight and they have just over 20 games left to figure it out together this season.