Shams: Lakers discuss Kuzma for Buddy deal

I don’t think some in hear have watched Kuzma play or this phantom 22 pick
I’ve watched a good bit of Lakers and far too many Kings games in the last 3 years. Buddy isn’t a 4th option on any playoff team. Kuzma isn’t amazing by any means but he has improved a lot as a team player and has a lot more room to grow than Buddy does. Plus he’s a wing. Harrell was a bad fit last year but before that he was amazing for a couple years. Add in the 22nd pick and we have made out like bandits

Please for the love of the basketball gods make this trade happen!

I seriously am in utter disbelief that people are still talking about this nonsensical LAL-SAC trade as if it’s worthwhile. If it actually happens, I might finally be pushed over the edge.

I wouldn’t trade the can of coke Brian Grant was once willing to play for to acquire Kuzma. Garbage player, garbage trade.

Only the ******* KINGS would entertain making a trade for two defensive liabilities while already fielding arguably the worst defense in the league. All while trading away a career 40% 3-pt shooter in what is largely a 3 pt shooting league to the franchise their fans hate most.

And some fans are actually cheering for it.

******* brilliant.

So the Lakers will have 3 players making 120 million combined and have to fill 12 more roster spots. Only reason the Lakers would do this would be to make one more run but with the injury history of Davis I don't see it.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
The life of a Kings fan is disappointment
I think we all acknowledge that it wasn't a great deal for Hield when our feelings really hinged on if the 22nd pick was included or not.

It does make me wonder if Harrell opted in to his contract thinking he was going to Sacramento and Rico Hines. If so, is he still cool that the Lakers asked him to opt in only to move him to the Wizards instead?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Sounds like Monte had his chance and didn’t pull the trigger and the Wizards swopped in and took the trade from him. Monte still on a learning curve.
Eh, I think the offer that was reported was questionable value for an elite shooter in his prime anyway and just about right for Westbrook. Maybe we can't find a better offer in time but I'd be willing to bet on two things here:

(1) Buddy is not going to forget how to shoot.

(2) Over the next 3 years some other team will be willing to overpay to bump their championship odds with an elite shooter who's proven to be at his best when he can come off screens instead of trying to create off the bounce.