Shams: Lakers discuss Kuzma for Buddy deal

I’ve watched a good bit of Lakers and far too many Kings games in the last 3 years. Buddy isn’t a 4th option on any playoff team. Kuzma isn’t amazing by any means but he has improved a lot as a team player and has a lot more room to grow than Buddy does. Plus he’s a wing. Harrell was a bad fit last year but before that he was amazing for a couple years. Add in the 22nd pick and we have made out like bandits
If fox rivers wasn’t stubborn Harrell would’ve been benched on the clippers as well, if you want to win Harrell can’t give you more than 20mpg. I can’t believe this Kuzma talk dudes basketball IQ is somehow worse than Buddy and has half the talent he does. I actually wish the trade went down now to see how you guy would act towards Kuzma 3 games into the season. Dude thinks he’s prime Jordan

Brad Turner
@BA_Turner
Can confirm reports Lakers are closing in on deal to acquire Russell Westbrook from Wizards for Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Montrezl Harrell, who opted into his $9.7 million deal. Talks on-going about Lakers' No. 22 pick in draft/Wizards sending Lakers a 2nd round pick.

Jake Fischer @JakeLFischer
There is an expectation that the Lakers' acquisition of Russell Westbrook may not be completed until the new league calendar year, similar to the NOLA-MEM trade, and it could even be finalized as a larger, multi-team deal during free agency, according to league sources.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
If fox rivers wasn’t stubborn Harrell would’ve been benched on the clippers as well, if you want to win Harrell can’t give you more than 20mpg. I can’t believe this Kuzma talk dudes basketball IQ is somehow worse than Buddy and has half the talent he does. I actually wish the trade went down now to see how you guy would act towards Kuzma 3 games into the season. Dude thinks he’s prime Jordan
Rec'ed for your auto-correct changing Doc to Fox. :D

Also, I agree on both Harrell and Kuzma being overrated in general. I'm not anxious to acquire either one of them.

So the Lakers will have 3 players making 120 million combined and have to fill 12 more roster spots. Only reason the Lakers would do this would be to make one more run but with the injury history of Davis I don't see it.

Well, it's actually the injury history of all of their "Big 3", LeBron, Westbrook and AD that the Lakers should be worried about. That plus the fact that they will have one crowded lane with 3 players that demand the ball in the paint and no shooters!

Russ,James,AD,Gasol 1 yr,McKinnie 5 players 125M

THT is a RFA, I hope someone throws a big Offer sheet to him

They are gonna need a lot of min contract ring chasers to join them LOL

dude12

Hall of Famer
If the Westbrook deal goes through, the Lakers are going to need inexpensive bench guys. Welcome to LA Jimmer Fredette! I knew he’d get his shot again!