NBA Lottery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The pain of that sight alone would eat up at least 11 of those picks.
They must at least be feeling better than T-Wolves fans, who tried to tank this year to keep their pick and now face the prospect of having no draft pick this season and pretty much no cap space and the most random roster in the league.

First random thoughts:

DET is suddenly awesome now with Cade as the perfect lead creator to surround with their nice last years draft class. Cade-Bey-Stewart is a really freaking nice 3-4-5.

-Mobley-Wood is a super fun 4/5 combo. They're gonna be hard to go small against.

-Kind of an awkward spot for the Cavs. They've invested 3 top 7 picks into their back-court/wings and Scottie Barnes would be an amazing fit at the 4 and defensive combo with Okoro as a flex wing. Could be a spot they look to trade back? Or keep stacking the back-court/wing

-Could not have worked better for the Raptors. As Lowry likely walks out the door, they immediately replace him with an impact guard of Green or Suggs.

I wonder if a trade up with Golden State would be on the table if someone we like drops?
The value probably wouldn't be there. That trade would likely involve the Kings helping the Dubs get better now which won't help the Kings next season. The problem with the Warriors making trades is their cap structure. It involves pieces they probably don't want to give up or other teams might not want on the deals they are on. I'm not sure a 7th pick and Wiseman/Wiggins/filler (or a later deal with a re-signed Oubre) gets a KAT deal done but they should be making that call right about now.

First random thoughts:

DET is suddenly awesome now with Cade as the perfect lead creator to surround with their nice last years draft class. Cade-Bey-Stewart is a really freaking nice 3-4-5.

-Mobley-Wood is a super fun 4/5 combo. They're gonna be hard to go small against.

-Kind of an awkward spot for the Cavs. They've invested 3 top 7 picks into their back-court/wings and Scottie Barnes would be an amazing fit at the 4 and defensive combo with Okoro as a flex wing. Could be a spot they look to trade back? Or keep stacking the back-court/wing

-Could not have worked better for the Raptors. As Lowry likely walks out the door, they immediately replace him with an impact guard of Green or Suggs.
Yeah a Cade/Stewart pick and pop game has to be a thing. They haven't even shown what Isaiah can do from mid-range yet.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
9th is a pretty good spot to be in this year. I'm only nervous about Orlando picking ahead of us twice. They've made a habit of snapping up plus defenders. The top 4 seems pretty set now (Cade, Mobley, Green, Suggs) unless Toronto does something unexpected or Cleveland finds a way to screw things up again. Kuminga to Orlando fits their organizational M.O. After that it's pretty wide open. I'm also hoping Jalen Johnson ends up falling to us.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
First random thoughts:

Cavs are probably praying Mobley falls to them.

The value probably wouldn't be there. That trade would likely involve the Kings helping the Dubs get better now which won't help the Kings next season. The problem with the Warriors making trades is their cap structure. It involves pieces they probably don't want to give up or other teams might not want on the deals they are on. I'm not sure a 7th pick and Wiseman/Wiggins/filler (or a later deal with a re-signed Oubre) gets a KAT deal done but they should be making that call right about now.
yeh I don’t know what a deal would look like. How about Wiggins + filler, 7 and a future first for Buddy and the 9. The Warriors don’t need Wiggins and I don’t think anyone trusts his improvement just yet. The Warriors can bring Buddy off the bench and have three of the the best shooters in the game. Kings take a flyer on Wiggins for a player the don’t want long term and get off his contract in two years.

I'm really curious what the Cavs do. They've invested so heavily in their guards and I'm not sure Okoro is someone you want to move down to the 4 full-time. He can play down, but I've always envisioned him moreso playing up to defend the 1-3, rather than the 3-4.

Could see them go Kuminga, could see them take Barnes or could see them shop the pick and trade down for someone who wants their pick of Green or Suggs.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Is it really worth it trading up two spots at that range though?
Rather than trade up, send a player for the pick. Hey, if they like Buddy, I still like sending him for Wiggins. Maybe something like Buddy + JJ (salary) + #39 for Wiggins + #7 + #14. Wiggins is expensive, but only has 2 years on his deal. Lots of opportunity to find pieces at 7/9/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.