NBA Lottery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh I don’t know what a deal would look like. How about Wiggins + filler, 7 and a future first for Buddy and the 9. The Warriors don’t need Wiggins and I don’t think anyone trusts his improvement just yet. The Warriors can bring Buddy off the bench and have three of the the best shooters in the game. Kings take a flyer on Wiggins for a player the don’t want long term and get off his contract in two years.
Obviously I like Barnes a lot but unless they are going to take him or whoever superior falls or the Magic are, I think working a deal with the Magic would make more sense if the Warriors were going to let them slide. I still don't like the idea of Buddy on the Warriors on the surface. They WILL make the Kings look like fools. Even if Klay comes back half healthy they have potentially the deadliest shooting trio in history. Plus Buddy has his handles under control now. 2 spots and Wiggins? Just can't do it.

I'm really curious what the Cavs do. They've invested so heavily in their guards and I'm not sure Okoro is someone you want to move down to the 4 full-time. He can play down, but I've always envisioned him moreso playing up to defend the 1-3, rather than the 3-4.

Could see them go Kuminga, could see them take Barnes or could see them shop the pick and trade down for someone who wants their pick of Green or Suggs.
I'd more than welcome trading up for Green if he's available. I'd do Hali + 9.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Cavs could actually be an interesting trade target for Ben Simmons now that I think of it. Sexton plus moderate asset for Ben. Frees them up to draft Suggs or Green at 3rd overall.
Allen
Simmons
Okoro
Garland
Suggs

Rather than trade up, send a player for the pick. Hey, if they like Buddy, I still like sending him for Wiggins. Maybe something like Buddy + JJ (salary) + #39 for Wiggins + #7 + #14. Wiggins is expensive, but only has 2 years on his deal. Lots of opportunity to find pieces at 7/9/14.
If that's what the Kings could end up with then yeah, enjoy your chance at a ring Buddy. The young Kings will wait out the west, ha ha.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I don't think it's a given that Mobley goes #2 actually. Jalen Green could go to Houston and I don't think it would be a bad move for them. I love Evan Mobley but more than any other team in this draft Houston is starting from nothing. In a guard dominated league, getting the guy with 30ppg potential might be a safer bet to get your team off the ground than a defensive big who's best offensive skill is his passing ability. That choice is a win-win for Houston and I think it probably is for Cleveland too. You're either getting an elite scorer and building around one of the best young backcourts in the league or you're adding a dominant defensive presence and a pick and roll partner for Collin Sexton. Taking Barnes over either of those guys would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm hoping he doesn't rise. He so could. He's another gamble but what better year for it? I'd put him at the top of the board at 9 right now as far as obvious potential.
That’s why I’m glad we’re still at 9 and didn’t drop to 11 or something.
At least one of Barnes/Moody/Jalen/Kuminga is going to be available to pick OR teams are going to be falling all over themselves to trade with you for the chance to take Mitchell or whoever the hell else fell.

I could see the Magic taking Sengun with the 8th pick. That could open up the door for another top player to drop.

Cade
Suggs
Green
Mobley
Jalen Johnson
Mitchell (if Golden state gets impatient and wants impact guy right away
Sengun
Kuminga-Kings

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Rather than trade up, send a player for the pick. Hey, if they like Buddy, I still like sending him for Wiggins. Maybe something like Buddy + JJ (salary) + #39 for Wiggins + #7 + #14. Wiggins is expensive, but only has 2 years on his deal. Lots of opportunity to find pieces at 7/9/14.
As I recall, they also played pretty well when Luke Walton was on their sideline. Maybe we could find a way to package him in the deal too and solve all of our problems at once? Pretty please?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I could see the Magic taking Sengun with the 8th pick. That could open up the door for another top player to drop.

Cade
Suggs
Green
Mobley
Jalen Johnson
Mitchell (if Golden state gets impatient and wants impact guy right away
Sengun
Kuminga-Kings
Kuminga slipping to 9 would be even more miraculous than Tyrese slipping to us last year.

This is all gonna be a moot point when we take Giddey or Kispert or something instead of a defensive wing.
Giddey I'm OK with. He has athletic tools. He's not a stiff and he comes from a league that churns out players ready for physical play. Kispert isn't a bad player but I'd rather go with something different than a player closer to a Buddy Hield/Joe Harris type even though there's obviously value there. With Kisperts lack of length he's not a combo F, he's at best a G/F. The Kings don't need any more of those.

Kuminga slipping to 9 would be even more miraculous than Tyrese slipping to us last year.
i wonder if Orlando is going to want to clog up the pf spot again like they had with Isaac and Gordon? Maybe Kuminga plays the 3 but he is generally viewed as a 4. If Orlando says no to Pfs that opens the door to Kuminga or Barnes

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Giddey I'm OK with. He has athletic tools. He's not a stiff and he comes from a league that churns out players ready for physical play. Kispert isn't a bad player but I'd rather go with something different than a player closer to a Buddy Hield/Joe Harris type even though there's obviously value there. With Kisperts lack of length he's not a combo F, he's at best a G/F. The Kings don't need any more of those.
Giddey would be a super intriguing pick if we weren’t already the worst defensive team in league history. I think he’ll get to be a decent defender in time but the first couple of years would be rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.