TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Step 1: Type out the text that you want spoiled, and highlight it:

View attachment 10445

Step 2: Locate the "Insert" button, and click on it, to enable the drop down menu:

View attachment 10446

Step 3: Locate and select the option that says, "Spoiler":

View attachment 10447

Step 4: Enter the subject that is being spoiled (optional), or leave the field blank, and then click "Continue":

View attachment 10448

EDIT - Okay, so I see that I got ninja'd by @Capt. Factorial, because I'm extra. Oh well... Y'all know that I'm not really about that "succinct" life.
If it makes you feel any better, I was ALSO going the screenshot route, but found that the screenshot did NOT retain the drop-down menu (weird?) so I punted and just wrote out a quick answer. The game was starting!

Took a break from Goliath and turned on something on Hulu called Debris. I believe it’s on NBC as well. For sci-fi junkies, this one has some potential. Will have to see how it progresses.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
As a someone who works in entertainment, I kinda have to check out every single one of these streaming apps (at least at the start) so I guess I have to ask, why the hell did they design Paramount + to not a freaking option to save queue options to watch later like literally every single other streaming service out there?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
As a someone who works in entertainment, I kinda have to check out every single one of these streaming apps (at least at the start) so I guess I have to ask, why the hell did they design Paramount + to not a freaking option to save queue options to watch later like literally every single other streaming service out there?
There was another one that did that, too. Peacock maybe? Whatever it was I deleted it already.

Netflix doesn't always make it easy to find your queue, either. I don't know why all of these don't have literally the very first option be most recently watched and the second be your queue/watchlist/whatever. It's absolutely stupid.

Wondering if guys liked the final episode of WandaVision.
I hated it. :p

The final 3 episodes didn’t vibe with me at all. They had a shift in tone that often felt...hokey to me, and less cinematic. I definitely acknowledge that I had a lot of wild hopes and expectations going into the final stretch, but I at least knew they were unlikely. It was the degree to which the season felt so self-contained that surprised and ultimately disappointed me.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Wondering if guys liked the final episode of WandaVision.
I liked it a lot.

I love what Marvel has done and is still doing, but I fully admit I'm not a comic book guy so I don't know all the original stories they are pulling from ahead of time. I often will go to wiki after I see something to get more detail, but that's about it.

I still just love the fact that Marvel can continue to turn out movie after movie that form a (pretty) cohesive "whole" while evolving and changing the characters. And now being able to bring in new series that can tell stories in a more serialized basis that both complement and expand/drive the story forward? LOVE IT. Inject it into my veins. Keep it rolling. I'm here for it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I still just love the fact that Marvel can continue to turn out movie after movie that form a (pretty) cohesive "whole" while evolving and changing the characters. And now being able to bring in new series that can tell stories in a more serialized basis that both complement and expand/drive the story forward? LOVE IT. Inject it into my veins. Keep it rolling. I'm here for it.
What WandaVision confirms for me, more than anything else, is that, when they finally introduce mutants into the MCU, the X-Men should immediately go to series, and stay there. The X-Men should never be made into a movie in the MCU. Never. But, as an ongoing series? It could be the best show, ever.

Finished Electric Dreams on Prime. As far as these types of sci fi anthologies go, I liked Black Mirror better but ED was fine.

Starting Hanna the series
Oh man, I remember being oh so close to loving Hanna the movie, if not for the meandering middle section and the little too on the nose Red Riding Hood allusions. Twas my introduction to Saoirse Ronan who really nailed that role - wolf DNA and all.

Speaking of Black Mirror, my wife and I are just finishing up The One on Netflix. Critics and audiences have absolutely ravaged it on Rotten Tomatoes, but we've found it enjoyable enough.

Sure, the single Black Mirror concept stretched out over 8 episodes makes it a bit watered-down and monotonous. Plus characters are fairly one-dimensional, and the flashbacks are jarringly disjointed. Otherwise, I think it's a serviceable stand-in for the sci-fi social anxiety thought experiment that Black Mirror used to explore.

Ok....watched Falcon and Winter Soldier this morning. I liked it. Both characters getting a chance to shine with their personal lives on display more than in movies.

I think this works after the decade long movies run of the Avengers movies with character development but not with this series and WandaVision you get so much more as they have time to fill out the backstories of these characters that you already know about but may not know Much of.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Ok....watched Falcon and Winter Soldier this morning. I liked it. Both characters getting a chance to shine with their personal lives on display more than in movies.

I think this works after the decade long movies run of the Avengers movies with character development but not with this series and WandaVision you get so much more as they have time to fill out the backstories of these characters that you already know about but may not know Much of.
I'm going to watch this tonight or this weekend. Thanks for no spoilers.

I think that is one of the biggest benefits to something like this is that while the movies have fantastic battles, etc., these series give more depth to the characters in an entertaining yet digestible way (outside the theaters!). Not that they didn't do some decent character development in the movies, but with so many characters now in the MCU they can explore more backgrounds, relationships, side stories, and fill in gaps between movies in this format.

I'm going to watch this tonight or this weekend. Thanks for no spoilers.

I think that is one of the biggest benefits to something like this is that while the movies have fantastic battles, etc., these series give more depth to the characters in an entertaining yet digestible way (outside the theaters!). Not that they didn't do some decent character development in the movies, but with so many characters now in the MCU they can explore more backgrounds, relationships, side stories, and fill in gaps between movies in this format.
Yep and it doesn’t work unless you have outstanding actors/actresses to pull this off.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My current guilty pleasure is all the renovation shows, primarily on HGTV. I absolutely love seeing them knock out walls with sledge hammers. ;)

Other than that, my top shows are (not necessarily in order):

SEAL Team
The Resident
This is Us
The Good Doctor
The Masked Singer (although this one is on shaky ground because of one of the unmasked singers I won't name)
My Feet Are Killing Me
The Walking Dead (also on shaky ground - the shark may have been jumped)
Prodigal Son
Hell's Kitchen
Clarice

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Servant on AppleTV+ just wrapped up its second season and it continues to be one of the most surprisingly entertaining series in this modern field of streamers and prestige formats.
Rupert Grint- yes, the best friend from Harry Potter. That guy!- is really good in a supporting role as the main character’s drunk, rich snob brother and the direction and production design contributes to a fun watch that isn’t too scary and isn’t exactly “gross out” scary when it does try to make you jump.

Looking forward to where season three goes. (Apple TV in general has put out a surprising amount of really great shows. (Ted Lasso, Central Park, For All Mankind, and this show))

Servant on AppleTV+ just wrapped up its second season and it continues to be one of the most surprisingly entertaining series in this modern field of streamers and prestige formats.
Rupert Grint- yes, the best friend from Harry Potter. That guy!- is really good in a supporting role as the main character’s drunk, rich snob brother and the direction and production design contributes to a fun watch that isn’t too scary and isn’t exactly “gross out” scary when it does try to make you jump.

Looking forward to where season three goes. (Apple TV in general has put out a surprising amount of really great shows. (Ted Lasso, Central Park, For All Mankind, and this show))
How much is Apple TV? Cheaper than the other services isn’t it?