Tyrese Haliburton

He has Desmond 4th on the list because “Bane was a finalist for Rookie of the Month, so that should tell you exactly how great he's been early on this season.”

but the actual rookie of the Month is 8th.

Jaylon should stick to covering football since he hasn’t bothered to watch nba games.

I know it’s just a stupid list but that’s infuriating.

Last edited:
He has Desmond 4th on the list because “Bane was a finalist for Rookie of the Month, so that should tell you exactly how great he's been early on this season.”

but the actual rookie of the Month is 8th.

Jaylon should stick to covering football since he hasn’t bothered to watch nba games.

I know it’s just a stupid list but that’s infuriating.
Trying to be different for the sake of being different.

Saw this trade scenario somewhere and was wondering whether you guys would pull the trigger or immediately reject without a counter offer.

Sacramento Kings Receive: Bradley Beal, Davis Bertans

Washington Wizards Receive: Buddy Hield, Tyrese Haliburton, Marvin Bagley III, Jabari Parker, 2021 1st Round Pick

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Saw this trade scenario somewhere and was wondering whether you guys would pull the trigger or immediately reject without a counter offer.

Washington Wizards Receive: Buddy Hield, Tyrese Haliburton, Marvin Bagley III, Jabari Parker, 2021 1st Round Pick
Immediately reject.

Why not also give them the keys to Golden 1 Center?

Bradley Beal is a fantastic scorer but if a backcourt of him and former MVP Russell Westbrook aren't enough to keep the Wizards from being tied for the worst record in the NBA why would you trade everything of value besides De'Aaron to create a backcourt of Fox and Beal?

How would the resulting team be any different than what the Wizards are now other than the Kings wouldn't have a 1st round pick to try and add another piece?

Hard, hard pass.

What an awful deal. I'm not even sure if the money works.

Haliburton is a very complete player, something the Kings have been searching for. His one weakness of late is some bad passing. He was guilty of 4 official TOs but likely more unofficially last night in the debacle against the Magic. He has to learn not to leave his feet without knowing where the ball is going next. Fun to watch with a great future.

We already have a dominant scoring guard. No thanks.

If the fictional trade is: Hali, Hield, Bagley, 21 1st for Beal and Bertans then its absolutely not an immediate no. Franchise like us should never give up anything significant for a player unless he had that Barnes type of (against the rules) pre-agreement on signing for long term so the fictional trade would depend on wether Beal commited to signing extention with us.

Beal would be awesome for us but as I said before the season started (and some people gave me crap about it): Buddy isnt a high level asset atm with his contract. I predicted that he is a neutral or possibly even a negative asset depending on the team thats getting him. Bagley is very close to a zero level asset atm. High salary and contract year coming up without him demonstrating to be a net positive player.

If there is a world where Bradley Beal commited to sign a 4year max deal for us if we traded for him, then I would do that trade without a slightest hesitation. I love Haliburton as a player and I know Wiz would never accept this trade so I'm happy that Hali is part of our core. But Beal is certified star level player whereas Hield is a solid player with a bad contract and Bagley is on a too high salary because he was picked way too high (plus he hasnt shown any reason why he should be resigned).

Star players are extremely valuable and those are the players that determine wether you are a 12th-8th seed team rather than 8th-3rd seed team. If that proposed trade is the price to get a commited Beal for long term then its a no brainer yes and no one shouls be looking back. If he doesnt commit pre trade, then I wouldnt make the trade ever if/when Haliburton is part of the deal.

In reality I would assume that if Beal was for sale, there would be some huge offers on the table that the Kings cant compete with so I wont spend too much time thinking on different trade scenarios.

If the fictional trade is: Hali, Hield, Bagley, 21 1st for Beal and Bertans then its absolutely not an immediate no. Franchise like us should never give up anything significant for a player unless he had that Barnes type of (against the rules) pre-agreement on signing for long term so the fictional trade would depend on wether Beal commited to signing extention with us.

Beal would be awesome for us but as I said before the season started (and some people gave me crap about it): Buddy isnt a high level asset atm with his contract. I predicted that he is a neutral or possibly even a negative asset depending on the team thats getting him. Bagley is very close to a zero level asset atm. High salary and contract year coming up without him demonstrating to be a net positive player.

If there is a world where Bradley Beal commited to sign a 4year max deal for us if we traded for him, then I would do that trade without a slightest hesitation. I love Haliburton as a player and I know Wiz would never accept this trade.
Wow. Just .... Wow.

I think you’ve got Bradley Beal confused with some other player. Cause there’s not the slightest chance he’s worth all that. If Monte McNair offered all that, he should be fired immediately.

Regarding the last half of your last sentence, I’m 99.9999% certain that you are wrong. If the Wiz were offered that trade and refused, their GM should he fired immediately too.

Last edited:
Bagley is very close to a zero level asset atm.
You really are discrediting yourself here.

Is MB3 worth the 2nd pick the KINGS spent on him? No.

But to suggest that a 21 yo player with his physical tools and skill set that is averaging 14 ppg and 7.5 rpg for his short career — including close to 50% 2pt and 32% 3pt — has anything close to zero value shows a complete lack of awareness or an obvious bias. Perhaps both.

He’s not worth a boatload, but he’s got some value. A lot more than almost none.

That’s just silly talk.

Wow. Just .... Wow.

I think you’ve got Bradley Beal confused with some other player. Cause there’s not the slightest chance he’s worth all that. If Monte McNair offered all that, he should be fired immediately.

Regarding the last half of your last sentence, I’m 99.9999% certain that you are wrong. If the Wiz were offered that trade and refused, their GM should he fired immediately too.
Beal is a star level player. Hes not a top 5 player but hes very valuable and you need those type of players to become a contender. I love Haliburton but I think we would be very lucky if he became a player as good as Beal. Top level players are extremely hard to acquire so imo if a situation came by where we could get one without giving up Fox or bunch of draft capital then it should be considered.

You really are discrediting yourself here.
First of all calm down, we seem to disagree on the value of few different players and its not the end of the world.

Is MB3 worth the 2nd pick the KINGS spent on him? No.

But to suggest that a 21 yo player with his physical tools and skill set that is averaging 14 ppg and 7.5 rpg for his short career — including close to 50% 2pt and 32% 3pt — has anything close to zero value shows a complete lack of awareness or an obvious bias. Perhaps both.

He’s not worth a boatload, but he’s got some value. A lot more than almost none.

That’s just silly talk.
Whatever box score stats you want to pick and cite, it doesnt change the fact that Bagley has been a net negative player three years in a row now. Also his contract year is coming up and whoever trades for him has to prepare to pay him. Plus hes on a quite big salary so he takes more of the cap space than he should even now.

All those things considered I would think his value is quite low at least to me. Although obviously I cant tell if there is a gm that overvalues him. Everything considered, to me his value is very low and its hard to see anything too meaningfull in return for him. You can disagree but thats my opinion and those are the things I based my opinions on.

It’s unbelievable to me that even one person believes this to be a realistic let alone worthwhile trade from a KINGS perspective.
Well I didnt say it was realistic, I actually said that I'm assuming there would be huge offers for Beal if he became available. Multiple firsts and some young players.

To me its worthwhile only if Beal commited to extension. To me Bagley isnt going to get (hasnt earned) extension from us and hes not a part of the possible playoff level core so the trade is pretty much Haliburton + 9th-14th pick <-> Beal. I would do that but if someone wouldnt then that fine. But as I said teams like Philly would go hard after Beal with multiple firsts and young guys so I dont think that trade is on the table for us.

Beal is a star level player. Hes not a top 5 player but hes very valuable and you need those type of players to become a contender.
Beal is an all-star caliber player, but he’s not an elite franchise level player. There’s a huge difference.

Beal is a essentially modern day version of Peja Stojakovic or Mitch Richmond. A player that is a great scorer, but doesn’t move the needle by himself. As evidenced by the Wiz 7-17 record this season and the past few seasons with John Wall being limited or out.

WAS isn’t a contender with him on their team now and hasn’t been in a few years. In the weaker East no less.

Even when Wall was healthy they were a 45 win level team and a 1st or 2nd round exit. Again, in the East. They weren’t a true contender and were maxed out. They needed a player better than Wall or Beal to raise them up.

So, again, you’ve got Beal confused with a different level of player.

Sure, he’d be a great player to have alongside 2 or 3 others like him, but he’s nowhere worth that trade package.

Not only is that the truth, the KINGS would be almost in the same exact same position WAS is in now except in the West and minus draft capital to improve.