Free Agency

I would say that a lot of difference in Bogdan's game here and elsewhere is because a lot of players here don't know how to play team basketball. I would say the only ones are Bogdan, Holmes, Barnes, Bjelica. Everyone else does not really know what to do.
Bogdan, Holmes, Barnes, Bjelicia and Haliburton.
And Swipa. The kid is a willing passer and typically tries to play the right way.

Bogdan is more guilty of playing hero ball than Swipa.

As for the ”differences” between Bogdan’s game here and over in Europe — you guys are placing blame in the wrong place IMO. I believe it’s more about coaching and style of play. The NBA is a players league and Bogdan is simply taking advantage of it in a way he’s not allowed to so much when he plays overseas when he’s in a more structured offense.

Clearly he’s better in a more structured system than when allowed freedom to freelance more often.

I don’t watch a ton of Euro ball but that‘s what I see.

Last edited:
because we aren’t the Lakers and don’t have Lebron James to play with.
Eff the LAL. They’ve been bad for many years now and have to rely upon aging stars to come via free agency. Can’t build anything on their own.

Even then, it took a pandemic bubble sesson with opt outs, major injuries to the Nets and Warriors, and a key upset of LAC by DEN for them to win something again.

That franchise is still garbage. LBJ will be done soon, and that franchise will go back to what it was before he decided to change teams and chase rings again.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Based on these poll results, I’m really surprised Harry hasn’t been picked up yet.

View attachment 10238
Harry is not even considered top 50 pf/c. I know we all like him and he had some nice moments. But you guys need to get a grip on exactly what Harry is. He is an unproven, skinny, big with two bad knees. No GM will pay attention to the handful of games he had good numbers. Vlade was the only GM that would have drafted him in the first of at all.

Still nothing on Bogdan though? Man, he's looking at getting that QO at this point. Like I said, rescind him and send the league into a flutter as some of them try and back out of the deals they've already committed too, haha.

It would be a nice Kangz thing to do though. I would assume Walton uses Bogdan as a main part of his rotation if he's brought back. Let him play out that contract year as you lose value on the pieces you've already tied long term money into. LOL.

Still nothing on Bogdan though? Man, he's looking at getting that QO at this point. Like I said, rescind him and send the league into a flutter as some of them try and back out of the deals they've already committed too, haha.

It would be a nice Kangz thing to do though. I would assume Walton uses Bogdan as a main part of his rotation if he's brought back. Let him play out that contract year as you lose value on the pieces you've already tied long term money into. LOL.
Doubt Bogi signs for a single year as it’s too risky. Given the Kings haven’t filled any roster spots I’m guessing some S&T is in the works but who knows.

Doubt Bogi signs for a single year as it’s too risky. Given the Kings haven’t filled any roster spots I’m guessing some S&T is in the works but who knows.
He's unrestricted after though. If he comes back on a QO oh man, if you thought bad vibes Buddy was not good for the locker room. HOLY COW! Not only did his team try and trade him before they could even get it done but they extended a QO which in his mind and his agents of course! haha. it will be the reason no team wanted to drop that super max on him. Hahaha. This is t-o-x-i-c.

He's unrestricted after though. If he comes back on a QO oh man, if you thought bad vibes Buddy was not good for the locker room. HOLY COW! Not only did his team try and trade him before they could even get it done but they extended a QO which in his mind and his agents of course! haha. it will be the reason no team wanted to drop that super max on him. Hahaha. This is t-o-x-i-c.
Tried to trade him and it failed. Drafted a replacement. Then bring him back on a QO? Only if you are trying to get that number 1 pick next year.

so why do you think he would think that a QO would be the reason he did not get a supermax? this implies you think he thinks two things: he is worth a supermax, and a QO prevents a team from dropping one on you.

And Swipa. The kid is a willing passer and typically tries to play the right way.

Bogdan is more guilty at playing hero ball than Swipa.

As for the ”differences” between Bogdan’s game here and over in Europe — you guys are placing blame in the wrong place IMO. I believe it’s more about coaching and style of play. The NBA is a players league and Bogdan is simply taking advantage of it in a way he’s not allowed to so much when he plays overseas when he’s in a more structured offense.

Clearly he’s better in a more structured system than when allowed freedom to freelance more often.

I don’t watch a ton of Euro ball but that‘s what I see.
Fox drove into traffic more than once, but yes, he is improving and he does have the right attitude. but in addition to willingness you need to also know what to do. i think he has a better grasp of team ball on the offensive end than he does on the defensive end.

so why do you think he would think that a QO would be the reason he did not get a supermax? this implies you think he thinks two things: he is worth a supermax, and a QO prevents a team from dropping one on you.
Not me him. It's the go to excuse from a player (and also agent that fluffed up his clients ego beyond reality) in his situation, sometimes it is the QO that scares teams away.

I said most players do when they are in his situation. Players have notoriously HATED restricted free agency forever and it's been a sticking point through the years when it comes to the CBA.
It would be better to just allow the original team to take the receiving team's first round pick as compensation if no trade is offered but this is about the only protection small market teams have from being minor league teams for the big 5-6 super teams.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It would be better to just allow the original team to take the receiving team's first round pick as compensation if no trade is offered but this is about the only protection small market teams have from being minor league teams for the big 5-6 super teams.
A comp pick system like the NFL’s would be nice although it would be hard ever recouping player value where those compensatory picks would probably be.

A comp pick system like the NFL’s would be nice although it would be hard ever recouping player value where those compensatory picks would probably be.
If the compensatory picks begin at 15 after the lotto? or the pick is immediately after the position said player was drafted? so if we let Bagley walk on an offer we'd get the third pick in the next draft? lol not saying yes to that but that would surely be interesting

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
If the compensatory picks begin at 15 after the lotto? or the pick is immediately after the position said player was drafted? so if we let Bagley walk on an offer we'd get the third pick in the next draft? lol not saying yes to that but that would surely be interesting
I would think they would put them after the first round. That's basically what they do in MLB. Picks at the top of the second round aren't useless though. There's always three or four first round talents available there.

I would think they would put them after the first round. That's basically what they do in MLB. Picks at the top of the second round aren't useless though. There's always three or four first round talents available there.
Yeah, I think the NFL rates them and they start at the top of the 3rd round? MLB and NFL both have way larger rosters and draft picks are a lot more of a crapshoot than NBA where a proven commodity is worth a mid round 1st, imho. Never know though.

Indiana is an interesting option. They are shopping Turner and Turner happens to be a good fit with Bagley. Finding a SF is harder but who knows what Bogi would want. Atlanta may have a hard decision to make.

A trade with Indiana still leaves us light at SF but I appreciate the brass balls and creativity by our GM.