Free Agency

Bogi is better off the ball. Playing in a 3 guard rotation with Fox and Haliburton would improve his game.
So Bogi's an off ball player now?

Even if I believed that, he doesn't hold a candle to Buddy in that regard and it's not close. If the goal is to have a 3 guard rotation with a 3rd off-ball guard along Fox and Haliburton, Bogi is easily the worst option of the two to make that happen.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Even if I believed that, he doesn't hold a candle to Buddy in that regard and it's not close. If the goal is to have a 3 guard rotation with a 3rd off-ball guard along Fox and Haliburton, Bogi is easily the worst option of the two to make that happen.
Bogi isn’t getting enough touches while simultaneously getting too many touches!

What’s so confusing about that?

bogi doesn’t get lost in team defense or throw the ball away. You seem to forget two sides of the court. Yes Buddy is a better shooter but it stops there

So they still technically have enough for Bogdan, but why?

Trae-Rondo
Dunn?-Huerter
Hunter-Reddish
Gallo-Collins?
Capela-Okongwu

I doubt Dunn and Rondo were brought in not to play minutes and just as depth. Trae is like 35+ MPG. So if you bring in Bogdan, you're basically just burying Huerter and/or Reddish. Also, you have the Collins extension looming (likely close to max) and Trae the year after (the max). With Capela, Gallo and Bogdan (if they signed him); that team could get crazy expensive in 2022-23 with all 3 of those contracts on the books and the 2 maxes for Collins and Trae.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
People seem to have a much rosier picture of Bogi’s decision making than I do because Bogi was a walking turnover/bad shot machine for long stretches of his time in Sacramento.
Its the benefit of playing next to one of the dumbest players in the league. Suddenly Bogi’s mediocre at best basketball IQ is magnified because Buddy just did something 3 times as stupid a possession ago.

bogi doesn’t get lost in team defense or throw the ball away. You seem to forget two sides of the court. Yes Buddy is a better shooter but it stops there
How is throwing the ball away somehow so relevant that it's your key argument to why Bogi is so much better as an off-ball player?

He's also better in transition, cutting to the basket, and general moving without the ball.

So they still technically have enough for Bogdan, but why?

Trae-Rondo
Dunn?-Huerter
Hunter-Reddish
Gallo-Collins?
Capela-Okongwu

I doubt Dunn and Rondo were brought in not to play minutes and just as depth. Trae is like 35+ MPG. So if you bring in Bogdan, you're basically just burying Huerter and/or Reddish. Also, you have the Collins extension looming (likely close to max) and Trae the year after (the max). With Capela, Gallo and Bogdan (if they signed him); that team could get crazy expensive in 2022-23 with all 3 of those contracts on the books and the 2 maxes for Collins and Trae.
true which could mean a trade is still coming.

I'm not even sure the increased role on ATL is even guaranteed anymore. Trae, Rondo, Dunn, Gallo, Collins. 3 young wings (although Hunter more of a small-ball 4). That's a lot of shots/playmaking/controlling the ball that Bogi isn't going to get.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That or Kings fans appear to think they are much smarter than NBA GM’s and that dumping Bogi for nothing is actually a good move.
No one is advocating dumping Bogi for nothing. But in this situation, where Bogi’s pure avarice (or his agent’s) appears to have screwed both he and us out of the returns we were looking for, wouldn’t it probably be in everyone’s best interest to part ways cleanly?

To be fair, most teams don’t even have any space to tie up with an offer sheet.
good point. And if I’m the Knicks, I might rather take a swing at Ingram than Bogi for now. Sure, the Pelicans likely match, but you hold their feet to the fire, do Ingram’s agent a solid, and pretend to do something to show your fans you tried while you save space for the better 2021 market.

No one is advocating dumping Bogi for nothing. But in this situation, where Bogi’s pure avarice (or his agent’s) appears to have screwed both he and us out of the returns we were looking for, wouldn’t it probably be in everyone’s best interest to part ways cleanly?
why so we can be like Vlade and give away players for nothing to be a good guy???

heck no. You sign Bogi for a fair deal around 15-17M a year, play a 3 guard line up this year and get a good pick for next year. Depending on who you draft you trade one of them next year.