Who would you hire as the new Kings GM?

Who should be the new Kings GM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Everyone that Hinkie drafted is helping a team in the playoffs this year and he got a franchise player in Embiid. He gathered all these assets on three fricken years three. I dare someone to name another GM that mad that much progress in three years, the only I can think of is presti.

Again he collected all those assets and he only started with Jrue Holiday, Thad Young, and Spencer Hawes as your three best players. How this man is still questioned is beyond me

The GM’s after Hinkie couldn’t hVe done a worse job to that roster I’d they tried and they still contend

Everyone that Hinkie drafted is helping a team in the playoffs this year and he got a franchise player in Embiid. He gathered all these assets on three fricken years three. I dare someone to name another GM that mad that much progress in three years, the only I can think of is presti.

Again he collected all those assets and he only started with Jrue Holiday, Thad Young, and Spencer Hawes as your three best players. How this man is still questioned is beyond me

The GM’s after Hinkie couldn’t hVe done a worse job to that roster I’d they tried and they still contend
But he intentionally lost! Oh the humanity! It's infinitely better to be slightly better, and lose a little less, but accidentally! Like we've been doing for 15 years!

Or something along those lines.

hinkie and sixers... years of tanking for a sixth spot in eastern conference?

took a peak last night at celtics game, this sixers team with embiid and with simmons out will probably have problem to reach euroleague's final 4...

Man that would be one dangerous team.

PG - Fultz / Milton
SG - Bridges / Reddick / Shamet
SF - Covington / Thybulle / Luwawu
PF - Simmons / Saric
C - Embiid / Holmes

Could you imagine trying to score against a lineup of....

Thybulle
Bridges
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

...? My lord. That might have been the best defensive team/lineup the league has ever seen. That's 5 All NBA defensive team players on one team (I think Thybulle & Bridges will make it when it's all said and done & Simmons should be on it this year).

hinkie and sixers... years of tanking for a sixth spot in eastern conference?

took a peak last night at celtics game, this sixers team with embiid and with simmons out will probably have problem to reach euroleague's final 4...
Hinkie isn't with the 76ers. You know that right?

He was let go after the 2015-16 season. They are now in their 4th season without him.

Man that would be one dangerous team.

PG - Fultz / Milton
SG - Bridges / Reddick / Shamet
SF - Covington / Thybulle / Luwawu
PF - Simmons / Saric
C - Embiid / Holmes

Could you imagine trying to score against a lineup of....

Thybulle
Bridges
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

...? My lord. That might have been the best defensive team/lineup the league has ever seen. That's 5 All NBA defensive team players on one team (I think Thybulle & Bridges will make it when it's all said and done & Simmons should be on it this year).
Even if they traded for Butler again using Bridges, Covington, and picks they would be favorites. But no they trade all there depth and shooting for Tobias Harris and they were bidding against themselves. Does there mistake stop there? No Harris averages 15ppg on 51% TS in the playoffs with defenses not focused on the and these fools max him out. Surely they won’t make another mistake right? No instead of offering Nutler a 5 year deal they low ball him and he gets mad at management and leaves for Miami. All they had to do was resign Butler and they salvage their mistakes but no theses fools pick maxing Horford/Harris over Butler. And it takes a real dumbass to give a guy 100 million when your best player plays the same position.

Also fans on 76ers forums are saying Hinkie wanted to draft Porzingis but ownership wouldn’t let him. Which would make sense with his timeline and drafting for most potential. Imagine a lineup of Embiid/Porzingis/Ben/Covington.

He also was in the process of turning Okafor into the an unprotected Nets pick but Calanglo was in his way at the time.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...kafor-was-celtics-target-proposed-blockbuster

This dude is the goat he saw MCW/Okafor falling apart miles before anyone did as was gonna get assets. He wanted Porzingis at 3 when nobody did but Phil he has an eye for talent and for non talent. The man shouldn’t be questioned

Hinkie drafted a big man with their top pick who couldn't get on the court for a couple of years because of injuries. Drafted a guard who can't shoot, who should have been drafted to play PF because that's what he is and also has a history of injuries. Neither are a stretch player at their position. These are the best players Hinkie drafted. This doesn't sound like something Kings fans today would tolerate well while trying to "trust the process. "
I understand there were other draftees and acquisitions. But the goal was to draft a superstar to build around. The stars for that team are Embiid and Simmons. What would make Kings fans tolerate this from Hinkie, but not another GM?

Hinkie drafted a big man with their top pick who couldn't get on the court for a couple of years because of injuries. Drafted a guard who can't shoot, who should have been drafted to play PF because that's what he is and also has a history of injuries. Neither are a stretch player at their position. These are the best players Hinkie drafted. This doesn't sound like something Kings fans today would tolerate well while trying to "trust the process. "
I understand there were other draftees and acquisitions. But the goal was to draft a superstar to build around. The stars for that team are Embiid and Simmons. What would make Kings fans tolerate this from Hinkie, but not another GM?
Omg bro he got them Embiid/Simmons that’s a franchise player and a star who do we have fox, lol.
Even after getting two stars he’s drafted great outside of that and left Philadelphia with the most draft picks in the league but let’s not mention that.

Draft picks:

Jerami Grants (2nd round)
Shamet
Holmes (2nd round)
Christian Woods
MCW (at 11)
Saric

You can’t say he can’t draft he got all these players plus 2 stars

You can’t say he can’t trade he armed Philadelphia with a treasure chest of picks

The media ran a smeer campaign against him and it looks like some of y’all fell for it regardless of the facts brought to you.

Omg bro he got them Embiid/Simmons that’s a franchise player and a star who do we have fox, lol.
Even after getting two stars he’s drafted great outside of that and left Philadelphia with the most draft picks in the league but let’s not mention that.

Draft picks:

Jerami Grants (2nd round)
Shamet
Holmes (2nd round)
Christian Woods
MCW (at 11)
Saric

You can’t say he can’t draft he got all these players plus 2 stars

You can’t say he can’t trade he armed Philadelphia with a treasure chest of picks

The media ran a smeer campaign against him and it looks like some of y’all fell for it regardless of the facts brought to you.
My post wasn't clear, I guess.

I'm saying the Hinkie process requires patience. Patience to let a high draft pick overcome injuries and let them adjust to their proper roles. Kings fans have shown no propensity for that.

I'm saying the Hinkie process requires patience. Patience to let a high draft pick overcome injuries and let them adjust to their proper roles. Kings fans have shown no propensity for that.
Oh I thought you meant he can’t draft.

I doubt he’d burn the whole thing down if he came here, he’d keep fox and in 20-30 games we’ll know if he’s keep bagley cause he has a trigger finger if he has doubts

I'm sorry but you shouldn't blame the fans given the history of the team. In the relatively short time Vivek has owned the team how many different directions has the team gone in. Why should the average fan have any confidence that this team's ownership would carry through with any plan that they embark on? Have they yet?

But he intentionally lost! Oh the humanity! It's infinitely better to be slightly better, and lose a little less, but accidentally! Like we've been doing for 15 years!

Or something along those lines.
plus one of the things he really got criticized for was drafting embiid since he wasn’t going to play his rookie year. can anyone seriously say that was just another tank job pick?

plus one of the things he really got criticized for was drafting embiid since he wasn’t going to play his rookie year. can anyone seriously say that was just another tank job pick?
If you payed out a 3-5 year plan why wouldn’t you take a prospect who looked like prime Hakeem. It’s actually an advantage him missing the year you get to be drafting top 5 again. Masterful job by hinkie

I'm sorry but you shouldn't blame the fans given the history of the team. In the relatively short time Vivek has owned the team how many different directions has the team gone in. Why should the average fan have any confidence that this team's ownership would carry through with any plan that they embark on? Have they yet?
That's the point. I'm not attacking Hinkie or his record. Who's the best GM for THIS franchise?

Just say no to Scott Perry. He was in Sactown but left for his "dream job" in the Big Apple.

The Kings need fresh blood from a winning organization. Starting at the COO then GM, then Coach and the medical team/trainers.

If Dumars is dead set on retreads like Perry show him the door Vivek!

I don't think that should matter at all. We don't call the shots, so why would it matter if we have patience? If we called the shots, we would have drafted a hell of a lot better than the Kings GMs have the last decade.

You’re a broken record on this topic. So I’ll be one too.

You can cite whatever evidence you like for the sake of confirmation bias. But you still can’t deny that the guy has been out of the league for over 4 years now. Nor can you provide a solid excuse why.

If the guy was any freaking good or if any owner wanted to subject their franchise to a game of craps with even lower odds than before, there’s no chance he’d be out there and available for so long now.

Smart people recognize.

However a few of you seem happy being short sighted about this. But facts are facts. Philly wanted no part with him anymore and no other franchise has felt it worth their while to hire the guy in over 4 years.

It certainly isn’t me that has the minority opinion about this.

But despite everything I’ve said, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the dysfunctional route the KINGS opt to travel next.

You can cite whatever evidence you like for the sake of confirmation bias. But you still can’t deny that the guy has been out of the league for over 4 years now. Nor can you provide a solid excuse why.

If the guy was any freaking good or if any owner wanted to subject their franchise to a game of craps with even lower odds than before, there’s no chance he’d be out there and available for so long now.

Smart people recognize.

However a few of you seem happy being short sighted about this. But facts are facts. Philly wanted no part with him anymore and no other franchise has felt it worth their while to hire the guy in over 4 years.

But despite everything I’ve said, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the dysfunctional route the KINGS opt to travel next.
You said I’m citing evidence for him which is a start so I’ll ask what evidence do you have that says he wasn’t successful? This is despite Philadelphia being a 50+ win team with the players and assets he brought in. So you’re either saying a 50+ win team isn’t a success end to a 3 year Process or worse you’re saying he’s not responsible for the talented players that are in Philadelphia. If the second part is the case than this debate shouldn’t even be had cause it’s ludicrous and absurd to think.

You say Philadelphia wanted to no part of him which is wrong. Philadelphia was forced to bring in Colangelo because the nba didn’t want what was happening in Philadelphia to happen. The media was putting pressure on this cause Hinkie was out right saying it and it made for good tv. So of course Silver caved and stepped in like he always does. Hinkie wasn’t tired by Philadelphia he left when they told him he’d have to answer to someone else. There’s several reasons he could not have a job. 1 he’s blackballed which is highly since the nba wouldn’t want him back. 2 the guy is successful again he raised 50 million for a venture capital firm. So they guy has money and doesn’t need an nba gig. Also if Houston doesn’t win and they get rid of Morey I bet he doesn’t get a job for a couple years and they’ll be someone saying well he can’t have been good he hasn’t had a job for 3 years. Speaking of not having a job you don’t hear Jeorgers name ever pop up in coaching searches it’s been two years now. So I ask is he a terrible coach?

Crazy that you hate Hinkie so much when 99% of Philadelphia fans want him

Smart people recognize.

Hinke has started and raised a $50 million dollar VC. He teaches at Stanford also.

Warriors will be back and Timberwolves have the 1st pick. Suns undefeated 8 and 0 in the reset.

Salary capped out with bad contracts, Buddy, Barnes, Joseph and Parker. Bogie to get 15mil with Fox -max and Bagley contracts looming. Since we have no real financial room for quality free agents-besides the fact why would they want to play here and adding a new twist, with the pending increase again in Individual state income tax which is already tops in the nation as is-

Are you going to use the 12th pick and 2 2nd rounders to beat out all the other teams in the west playoff hunt?

Magical powers over other GM's in the league approach?
Our gm has a wizard like ability to trade our poor players for other teams good players.

Kindly wondering, what Western division team rosters would you not exchange the whole of the Kings roster for right now?