The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Charlotte is a good wrestler, but I never want to see her again. Her never-ending push makes Roman’s seem tame. I hate that she’s now the NXT Woman’s division, and that makes two champions down in NXT I’ll refuse to watch. (Along with The Broserweights) The Horsewomen must never lose!

Edge / Orton was like 15 minutes too long. Should have really edited it down to cut the fat. Glad to see Edge able to do his thing though, and I look forward to his actual real in-ring singles match instead of a long drawn out brawl. The stipulation hurt them as well, never letting any momentum get built with long pauses for “near-falls.” Should have just been an unsactioned fight.

The Funhouse “Match” was great for what it was, and went a long way rebuilding Wyatt/Fiend after getting fed to Goldberg. I was sure Cena was going to steamroll him. Now we’ll have Wyatt going to kill his own monster in Strowman.

Glad McIntyre won. Sad his moment (after so many years) was in front of an empty warehouse. Hopefully we can have real title matches in the future instead of the Lesnar Special of kicking out of each other’s finishers until someone doesn’t.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, damn, I saw a tweet just before I went to bed last night about IRS getting fired on tax day, that I was looking forward to posting here in the morning, and then I wake up to learn that Howard Finkel has died, and now, it seems mad inappropriate.

WWF/E has been missing something ever since he went away, he was that good without making it about him (yes Michael Buffer, I'm talking about you). Truly a legend. RIP

SLAB

Hall of Famer
NXT has really hit a groove during these quarantimes. Excited to see what they’re doing with Lumis. And also Kross. And The Gargano’s new delusional direction was pretty hilarious tonight.

Thom and Byron have also become an excellent commentary team.

Good stuff.

This is some WCW "Hire the Warrior, just so Hogan can get his win back"-level nonsense. And it really makes how they treated Kofi look even more offensive, in hindsight.
Had he not needed surgery and COVID-19 not happened I am sure things would have played out differently? Still there has to be a better way to manage PR for releasing so much talent.

Out of curiosity, why are you sure of that? WWE's sterling track record?
Because otherwise they'd have signed him to a one PPV deal like they do with others?

And I thought they had teased a longer program and it went to hell because Cain couldn't go? I had heard that in Mexico Cain looked quite good in AAA or wherever he was wrestling?

Your point is fair. WWE has no good track record as of late.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I was quite deflated when Lee beat Priest tonight. Really think Lee should have lost, then fallen upwards to be the one to beat Cole. Dream obviously has his issues going on, and even beyond that (if it turns out it was a hack/hoax), Lee is better than him in every way.

Instead Lee’s still the champion of a level he’s above and constantly beating down guys who I love and could use the title more than him (Priest, Dijakovic, Grimes)

Maybe he’ll still be the one to beat Cole and be NXT’s champ-champ. I could live with that.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
NXT has themselves a new Star with Karrion Kross. What a first impression. That entrance is right up there with The Fiends’ debut.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, it seems that the rumors were true, after all... If you're one of those people who hates spoilers, but you also have the ESPN app... sorry about your damned luck.