Bagley just average - nothing more, nothing less (split)

Bagley is just an average player, nothing more nothing less. You all are giving him way more credit than what he actually is. He is not a difference maker and never will be. What a waste of a once-in-a-life-time draft chance!
You forgot the green font.

Last edited:
He will be better than average and potentially much better than average. The only question is in today's modern NBA, does a guy like Bagley really help you win? Is he a huge difference maker? I don't know the answer to that. I suspect he will need to improve vastly on the defensive end because if you are a modern day big-man it's not enough to just be a great finisher around the rim and rebounder.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Sure, he is an average player right now. One would hope that he reaches his potential and becomes a nightly double double but it has to be more than just pretty numbers. I like Bagley but he is a ball stopper, I don't know that you can take that out of him. So with that said, the Kings need to have him be the post presence and go to work and on the other end not become a complete liability.

He is already more than an average player. He was all rookie first team last season despite playing off the bench so he is in the top five of his peers with the same NBA years. He would not be overachieving if he made multiple all star teams or reached all NBA level before his career was done. He might not be who some people want him to be but to pretend he is simply average is a bit indulgent.

Bagley is just an average player, nothing more nothing less. You all are giving him way more credit than what he actually is. He is not a difference maker and never will be. What a waste of a once-in-a-life-time draft chance!
He was a difference-maker last year, mostly negative one. Sometimes he was positive, especially later in the season. He was never neutral. I also disagree with your second point. Fox in his first year also was not good. In the second year, he became one of the better starting PGs in the NBA. I am sure Bagley will improve too.

He is already more than an average player. He was all rookie first team last season despite playing off the bench so he is in the top five of his peers with the same NBA years. He would not be overachieving if he made multiple all star teams or reached all NBA level before his career was done. He might not be who some people want him to be but to pretend he is simply average is a bit indulgent.
He was below average NBA player last year (on average ;). He improved during the year and I expect him to improve more this year. Among rookies, he was one of the best. This is how it goes. You rarely get a rookie who is a net positive.

the start of this season has some of you losing ur minds. As if last season didn’t happen he didn’t blow us away at times

He played what, 3 games this year? Knock it off. And don’t bother hopping on the bandwagon when the time comes
1 game. I don't think this thread is meant to be serious.

Just Average... are you kidding me. Please take a look at this video below and tell me this guy is "just average". And Yes, I understand this is a highlight video and a highlight video of me playing pickup ball would make me look better than I am.

Just Average... are you kidding me. Please take a look at this video below and tell me this guy is "just average". And Yes, I understand this is a highlight video and a highlight video of me playing pickup ball would make me look better than I am.

On the video, you don't see defensive struggles or wrong decisions made on offense. However, you can see how athletic, fast and talented he is. I can't wait to see him back on the court. When he improves fundamentals and polishes his game, watch out!