C/PF off season discussion

I agree the Vucevic will be the #1 target. But I don’t see Orlando letting him go now that they are a playoff team. I get the feeling they are going to max him out and he stays in Orlando.

I think Brook Lopez is the realistic target.
Lopez is a realistic target but he would not be a good target at all for this team.

I agree the Vucevic will be the #1 target. But I don’t see Orlando letting him go now that they are a playoff team. I get the feeling they are going to max him out and he stays in Orlando.

I think Brook Lopez is the realistic target.
If your reasoning is that a playoff team is unlikely to let its starting center go, why would the Bucks, fresh off of finishing with the best record in the league, do the same?

I agree and have posted previously that Lopez would be a great fit, but I’m wary of getting hopes up.

If your reasoning is that a playoff team is unlikely to let its starting center go, why would the Bucks, fresh off of finishing with the best record in the league, do the same?

I agree and have posted previously that Lopez would be a great fit, but I’m wary of getting hopes up.
For the bucks tough decisions between Eric Bledsoe, Malcom Brogdon, Khris Middleton, Nikola Mirotic and last but not least Brook Lopez is why there’s a good chance he might not bring retained. Lopez being the elder of the group might not be high on the list for them to re-sign

For the bucks tough decisions between Eric Bledsoe, Malcom Brogdon, Khris Middleton, Nikola Mirotic and last but not least Brook Lopez is why there’s a good chance he might not bring retained. Lopez being the elder of the group might not be high on the list for them to re-sign
Maybe so, but I’d submit he’s the least redundant out of any of those players listed (aside from Middleton). And didn’t they already extend Bledsoe? We’ll see, Id love to be wrong!

I think you’re right about Bledsoe getting extended but I know Middleton and I’d imagine brogdon will be priorities. After that like you said we’ll see. Either way I like this free agent class and don’t see how we don’t end up improving this offseason

The Bucks are a small market team. They have maxed Giannis and will probably have to with Middleton. They just re-signed Bledsoe to a nice contract too.

They paid Lopez just 3 million a year this year. If the Kings gave him a nice large contract offer, like 2 or 3 years at 16 or 18 mil a year, the Bucks will have a hard time matching. Plus, he is unrestricted free agent and a Central California kid with ties to our new coach. All things being equal and if the Bucks don’t make a deep playoff run, I could see Lopez wanting to finish his career near home. Lopez wanted to re-sign with the Lakers and Luke Walton wanted him back too.

Vucevic is probably going to get a max contract and an extra year from Orlando, that no one else can offer. Unless, he leaves an extra year on the table, it will be hard to get him.

Last edited:
I will probably get blasted here but this is what I think our FA target list for a C will be

1. Vičević (max)
2. B. Lopez (2-3 year deal with final year being partially guaranteed but reasonably big money)
3. D. Cousins (2-3 year deal on big money but not max)

Seems like the Lopez boys have been around forever, I do remember them from Stanford and the 2008 draft.

Guess 31 is not that old for a big and if he's been durable over the years recon he could be a nice piece while our youngins grow up a bit.

Seems like the Lopez boys have been around forever, I do remember them from Stanford and the 2008 draft.

Guess 31 is not that old for a big and if he's been durable over the years recon he could be a nice piece while our youngins grow up a bit.
Plus, there is going to be a period for about a week, where the Bucks will be pre-occupied trying to get Middleton re-signed. They may put Brook Lopez on pause until they resolve Middleton’s contract. The Bucks also needs to ration their cap space to re-sign Malcom Brondon soon too.

Vlade and Walton can show BLopez the love and the money at the kick off of free agency and I think there is a good chance we get him.

2. B. Lopez (2-3 year deal with final year being partially guaranteed but reasonably big money)
That is what I was thinking too.

Something like the contract we gave George Hill. A nice two year guaranteed (i.e. 16 mil per year) with a 3rd year buyout option.

We can trade him or move him once Harry Giles is ready to start.

I will probably get blasted here but this is what I think our FA target list for a C will be

1. Vičević (max)
I'm fully on board just to see Napear's head explode and try and talk about this team and Boogie in a positive fashion after what happened. Pure entertainment value.

Seems Demarcus has droped Boogie as a nickname. Perhaps its a sign of maturity?

I would be curious if anything has changed with him and he could be content playing team ball with our young core.

Seems Demarcus has droped Boogie as a nickname. Perhaps its a sign of maturity?

I would be curious if anything has changed with him and he could be content playing team ball with our young core.
There is no doubt that it will click with DMC at some point in time like it has with many before him. Question is has it and if it hasn’t, when will it?!

It took ZBo his 4th team for the penny to drop. If DMC is at that point he would actually be better fit for this team than any other FA out there with his overall skill level.

NO NO NO

Don't throw big money to center this offseason, no need to do it, if we can get for cheap one of these guys Robin Lopez, Dedmon, Ed Davis maybe even Joakim to come here and start and when Giles is ready they (the veteran center) will be ok to come of the bench.

You just don't throw almost all of the cap space for a center... especially Vucevic when we have Giles on the team.

Grant is a mouthpiece for the Kings FO and has said numerous times there is more of a chance of the average caller to his radio show suiting up for the Kings next year then Demarcus Cousins.

Guys....Brook Lopez has been one of the worst defensive centers in the league for years. Only this year on the lanky defensive minded Bucks team has he actually been an above average defensive center. You put him on the Kings and he will go right back to being a revolving door on that end of the court. Mark my words on that one.

I would bring back DeMarcus Cousins in a heartbeat. Everyone here wants Vucevic, but Cousins is the better version of him in every facet of the game. Imagine how much Fox and Bagley would benefit from having Cousins patrol the offense.
Fox
Buddy
Barnes
Bagley
Cousins

Al Farouq Aminu is an interesting player for us I think at the right price. He can actually play some SF / PF and C... Shot 87% ft's this year! solid defender, always been a plus rebounder, runs well, can handle and pass on the break. excellent team player/lockerroom guy.

Im surprised no one has suggested Derrick Favors, who's statistically one of the best defenders of the rim in the leauge, and looks in way better shape this season than the past few.

He's still just 27 years old. Would cost a pretty penny though, maybe less if Houston sweeps them...

I am cool with Willie but if he isn't back, surely I'd prefer Favors over some of the names being bandied about. and he's easily equipped to start at C in the NBA too, would add a ton of strength to our team. He set his career high in blocks 7 vs Hassan Whiteside, absolutely demolished him HAssan was salty as you'll ever see in that game,. and Gobert was sitting injured.

Im surprised no one has suggested Derrick Favors, who's statistically one of the best defenders of the rim in the leauge, and looks in way better shape this season than the past few.

He's still just 27 years old. Would cost a pretty penny though, maybe less if Houston sweeps them...

I am cool with Willie but if he isn't back, surely I'd prefer Favors over some of the names being bandied about. and he's easily equipped to start at C in the NBA too, would add a ton of strength to our team. He set his career high in blocks 7 vs Hassan Whiteside, absolutely demolished him HAssan was salty as you'll ever see in that game,. and Gobert was sitting injured.
It hasn't been mentioned because people expect Bagley to start next season and in that scenario, you would preferably want a player who can shoot the 3 to partner Bagley in the front court. Favors does not provide that. This is why names like Vucevic, Lopez etc have been brought up.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

1. Vičević (max)
Option C makes my heart all aflutter.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Napear keeps talking about D. Jordan in FA. He's only 30, which for a center isn't old. Could be a good stop-gap for the next three years. He can still play D and rebound and his free throw shooting isn't a problem anymore. If the Kings do go after him in FA, it's a sign they believe Bagley and Giles can be good enough with their outside shooting to spread the floor for Fox. If you think about it, WCS certainly didn't spread the floor, so if you substitute Jordan you get another guy who doesn't spread the floor, but is a much better rebounder and rim protector.

I think DeAndre Jordan would be great here. I know he’d like to stay in New York and recruit Durant which looks like very well could happen. New York seems to have Durant and Kyrie in their crosshairs both to max deals which would only leave $5 mill for DeAndre. I doubt he’d be willing to take that much of a discount and end up going elsewhere.

DeAndre’s tangibles you mentioned would be welcome along with the leadership and attitude he brings. He was supportive of the young bigs in New York and was even inactive down the stretch so they could play and didn’t take issue with it.