[Game] Kings @ Timberwolves - Monday, Feb. 25 - 5PT/8ET

Games.

Lol

It’s not like he forgot how to basketball. He’ll get there. He’s the last of my concerns.
He’ll get there offensively. Its no coincidence both he and Burks...Established players in this league have not found their offense with a new team. It’s an aberration.

While we wait. It’s Yet another game where we’re not talking about HIS man either. Paul George, Andrew Wiggins, Will Barton.

It absolutely was a must win. It was the third easiest game we have all month. Now they have to steal an extra game they aren't supposed to win.
We have been in every game since Bagley returned from knee injury. On the road we are capable of beating anyone and losing to anyone. That is the reality of a young team. At home we are much better. I don't think hyperbolic reactions to wins or losses is worthwhile when discussing THIS season. If we make the playoffs - which I firmly believe we will - that will be a wonderful bonus on top of the very surprising rapid growth of this team. We have a very bright future.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
There is a sense of two steps forward one step back. It's not the end of the world but man a win would have continued our progress. It really is an open race at this juncture
The thing about taking two steps forward and one step back is that you still wind up a step ahead.

This team is young and to expect them to know how to immediately close out games and build momentum like they're the Duncan/Manu/Parker Spurs is bananas in my book.

Kings' coach is unpredictable man. Why the hell you want to change the lineup when you have been playing so well the last three games against elite teams. This is the reason why the Kings bench can't get anything going because you screwed the chemistry and the guys that used to play together. No wonder they can't make shots or keep turning over the ball. This coach continue to define me. Sometimes he does thing or said things that is just unbelievable. How many guys did he play tonight? Hoping things work out? He now give Belicia and even Kosta minutes? What happened. Well, I tell you what happened....just as what I said above. He has screwed the lineup of the bench and so now he had to find a lineup that work. Well, the question is why did you change the lineup from the beginning? Bagley and Giles have been doing great off the bench.

At the end, I also don't understand why you want not play Buddy Hield. He's the best shooter on the entire team and he could have made a come back.

Unpredictable coach. I have said before and I will say it again...Dave Jaeger substitution is very suspicious and have cost the Kings a few games. This one is no difference.
You change the lineup because of the matchup and the hot player.

You dont play Buddy in the 4th because every time you played him after the 1st quarter we got are arses whooped.

We have been in every game since Bagley returned from knee injury. On the road we are capable of beating anyone and losing to anyone. That is the reality of a young team. At home we are much better. I don't think hyperbolic reactions to wins or losses is worthwhile when discussing THIS season. If we make the playoffs - which I firmly believe we will - that will be a wonderful bonus on top of the very surprising rapid growth of this team. We have a very bright future.

The best thing that came from this is Bagley looked good playing center. He was overmatched physically but he fronted and played aggressive post denial defense. Subtle but a great sign nonetheless.

Memphis Dave is back from the grave!

Kidding aside, I think he did see a unit that he might be able to go to with Brewer and Barnes out there. I'm sure he continues to bang his head on the "go big" brick wall like usual even though he did say the small lineup was what he was going with from here on (heard that before! haha) but playing small clearly looks like the best possible unit on both ends most of the time.

I still think Brewer will not stick. Once he reverts to his shooting percentages this board will turn on him bad (and we all know this board is in charge of lineups :) ).

Maybe it would have been better if we stood pat at the deadline and let the chemistry and the familiarity carry us as far as possible, but I guess we could not pass up a chance to get Barnes that cheap. Its a better play long term, but might have thrown a wrench into our machine just at the wrong time. Hopefully we figure it out soon!

I agree, I'm a bit surprised about the EXTREME negative reaction on the team as well. Yes, we want to make the playoffs, but sometimes I think those who are complaining the loudest forget just how far we've come in one year......If we were to make the playoffs and sent home the first round, those same people would be saying how horribly disgusted they are with the Kings.....I wish people could just enjoy how far the team has come in a year instead..........

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Under "any questions?" my questions: Does WCS send flowers before the game to Towns or after? Does he kiss him on the left cheek or the right? Or maybe both? The National Enquire should do an expose. As Christie said during the game, WCS has the physical tools to guard Towns if played with some "nasty" in him and not like a school chum.

Bjelica shouldn't get a minute of pt the rest of the season as far as I am concerned. Brewer is a FAR better player than Bjelica and should garner every single minute that Joerger is even thinking of using Bjelica going forward. Bjelica contributed greatly to the Kings falling apart in that second quarter. I counted four lousy plays he made in that quarter.

If anybody was curious why Joerger was hesitant about taking Bagley out of the 2nd unit, see the second quarter and watch that second unit. Then see it again and again. Gawdawful. If this is the cost of the "transition" from putting Bagley as a starter, I'd gladly wait until next season for Bagley to start.

It mystifies me why Joerger waited sooo long to put Fox into the game in the 4th when the game is still in doubt.

Why Hield wasn't in there in the 4th quarter I don't know, other than maybe he was treating the ball like a hot potato for most of the game and Joerger couldn't bear it any longer.

Cauley-Stein is garbage. I said before...he's not the type of center that you can build for the future. His pick n roll defense is terrible. You can just do pick n roll against him any time and get someone wide open either a 3 or free lane drive to the hoop. It's funny how Kings' announcers keep admiring Karl Anthony Town instead of saying how bad the Kings play defense lol. Tell me one thing that Willie did to contribute to this team? There's not one single thing that he can bring to the team other than rebound. He can't shoot, very inconsistent, doesn't shoot great from midrange, can't shoot 3, passing is terrible due to lack of awareness, doesn't hustle and dive for lose ball, help defense is non-existent due to lack of awareness. Seriously, in today's NBA where centers now can shoot from 3....Willie just don't fit. Kings better sign Vucevic in the offseason.

I still think Brewer will not stick. Once he reverts to his shooting percentages this board will turn on him bad (and we all know this board is in charge of lineups :) ).

Maybe it would have been better if we stood pat at the deadline and let the chemistry and the familiarity carry us as far as possible, but I guess we could not pass up a chance to get Barnes that cheap. Its a better play long term, but might have thrown a wrench into our machine just at the wrong time. Hopefully we figure it out soon!
No chance. The Kings lack of size at SF was always going to be the nail in the coffin. Barnes could change that if used correctly. Defensively he's made an impact already. And yeah, this wasn't a cheap get into the playoffs now type of move. This was the attempt to find an answer and I'm sure Vlade is watching closely.

Wolves are a good team now, with a young (mostly) unselfish young players who share the ball and play a good defense. However, we did have opportunity to close the gap and win the game. Terrible play by both Bogdan and Fox stopped the run. Buddy was no better before benched. We were in the game thanks to Bags and Brewer.

Where is here? Sure let him coach but call it like you see it. Otherwise why even bother having an opinion.
31-29 and in the playoff race when our over under for the year was 27 wins. So I guess here means we are very far ahead of where the majority of basketball assumed we would be and many of our fans as well.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Didn’t Willie play KAT excellent last time?

Dude’s just such an inconsistent headcase. Spend his contract money elsewhere.

Barnes's total lack of offense has been perplexing, but he's way down on my list of worries. His presence has completely changed the way that we're able to match up on defense. I don't think we have those three close games against the conference's three top teams without him.

Here is 31 wins in February after winning 27 with the same team all year minus a rookie. This is your coach of the year so far.

Opinions are great but irrational flamethrowing is something else. This coach has done a damn good job.
And my opinion is that he's capable of doing even better. The questions he's received about his decisions lately have merit IMO.

I agree, I'm a bit surprised about the EXTREME negative reaction on the team as well. Yes, we want to make the playoffs, but sometimes I think those who are complaining the loudest forget just how far we've come in one year......If we were to make the playoffs and sent home the first round, those same people would be saying how horribly disgusted they are with the Kings.....I wish people could just enjoy how far the team has come in a year instead..........
VF has pointed out that things were like this in the late 90’s and early 00’s. It is very eerie, and a sign of great things to come.

I can guarantee you this loss lights a fire under everyone’s butts. I’m fully expecting a win against the Bucks, overly optimistic?

Maybe...but this team is too much fun and has progressed so much in such a short time. Barnes is a sleeping giant, he will awake!