The Saga of DeMarcus Cousins

What do u want from him? If a team is paying you to rehab and gives you the best chance to get a ring. Who in their right mind turns them down?
Well, about 1 1/2 years ago he only wanted the super max, $200+ million to re-sign with the Kings. Anything less and there would had been trouble and being disgruntled. I think that is why the Kings had to trade him, because he only wanted the super max contract.

Fast forward to today and he takes $5 million to win a ring? You can't tell me that no other teams offered him more money than that?

It's DMC wallet. Injury or not, but don't tell me he would had taken less money like that to stay a King.

how is this a cop out? people need to calm down
Stop it lol

He just completely destroyed any semblance of competitive balance left in the NBA. Had he joined the Lakers, or if they got Kawhi, I could have believed them and Houston had a chance to topple the Warriors. Maybe the Celtics and Houston too. Now, the season is done. If the Warriors go into the playoffs healthy, there's just no possible chance to beat them.

He could have gone to another contender for the same money and tried to tip the balance against the Warriors. Just pure weak-sauce move to join the greatest team ever coming off 2 titles where he'll have 0 pressure and coast to a ring.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I say this with all seriousness, are the 2018-2019 Golden State Warriors the greatest team in the history of the NBA? Two potentially 1st team All-NBA Defenders, the best 3-point shooting backcourt in NBA history, the best offensive big man in basketball that can also step out and shoot the three at a solid rate, and three finals MVPs on the roster plus 3 NBA MVP awards on the team.

Also, if DeMarcus Cousins wins an NBA championship this year, is there any way he is left out of the Hall of Fame?

On paper it's stacked. The question is what Demarcus they get. If it's an even more immobile big then teams will just pick and roll him off the floor unless the Warriors use him as a go to player and spread which is possible, but is also anti-warriors to the max.

Can we all put this Boogie s*** behind us now? The guy is a chump and just contradicted everything he ever said he was about. This stings worse than Boogie going to the Lakers, this may be worse than KD going to the Warriors to begin with.

I would've much rather seen him on the Lakers. There is nothing left of the Lakers rivalry besides colors.

All those annoying Lakers fans of 2002 are now warriors bandwagon fans raising young bandwagon warriors fans.

Rudy Gay got almost $10 mil from the Spurs last year coming off the same injury in a “rehab” year. I’m sure there are teams that would’ve created the space.
Rudy was finished rehabbing. Dmc will rehab he first half of the year it was reported. So $10 Mil a year and dmc got $5 Mil for half the year. Are you happy now?

Please. I'm sure someone offered more than that for him. Trades could have happened as well and opened up a space that wasn't there before. It's not like he even had to sign today. Could have waited it out for a better deal. Even the mid level exception is more than this.
I doubt anyone else knew he'd sign for so little. If he advertised he'd go for the MLE, every single contender would have found a way to make it work.

Stop it lol

He just completely destroyed any semblance of competitive balance left in the NBA. Had he joined the Lakers, or if they got Kawhi, I could have believed them and Houston had a chance to topple the Warriors. Maybe the Celtics and Houston too. Now, the season is done. If the Warriors go into the playoffs healthy, there's just no possible chance to beat them.

He could have gone to another contender for the same money and tried to tip the balance against the Warriors. Just pure weak-sauce move to join the greatest team ever coming off 2 titles where he'll have 0 pressure and coast to a ring.
Warriors are going to be the champs with or without Cousins. I also haven't seen anything about the Rockets being interested in Cousins.

People need to lay off the LA kool-aid. They aren't winning crap with the team they have. It's Lebron surrounded by a bunch of young players and other mediocre vets. They're not making it out of the 1st round this year.

I doubt anyone else knew he'd sign for so little. If he advertised he'd go for the MLE, every single contender would have found a way to make it work.
Just because we didn't know doesn't mean other teams didn't. Some team (probably a bad one) probably offered more or the mid level and he said no.

It's still so hypocritical from a dude who prides himself on loyalty. It's like a bad joke.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Love it.

Rest of league disrespected him by not offering the contract he deserves or anything close to it. His own team signed Randle to clog up the front court. The Lakers chose to spend on a bunch of chumps despite that being Boogie's first choice.

So now he ensures no one else wins the title.

Get your ring, get healthy, then get the max.

He better be ready then because every other team is going to just ask why he was willing to take less before. You never lower your value like that in your prime if you do care about getting that fat contract because it will stay with you.

Rudy was finished rehabbing. Dmc will rehab he first half of the year it was reported. So $10 Mil a year and dmc got $5 Mil for half the year. Are you happy now?
So you believe Rudy and Cuz have the same value? Cuz carries 10x more value to a team than Rudy but if you’re ok thinking Rudy = Cuz then I don’t know what to tell you.

Ultimately Cuz has the right to play where he wants, that’s why it’s called “free agency” but don’t try and defend this deal and say that’s all that was out there. I don’t believe that for a second.

As far as me being “happy?” No, I’m not happy. I’m not mad at Cuz. As I said before, he has the right to play where he wants for how much he wants. I’m not happy for the NBA and competitive balance.