Malone fired

Kingster

Hall of Famer
My guess is after watching Josh Smith have a good game against the Kings, Pete and Vivek wanted to offer a lot of assets for him.

Malone said "Helllllll no!" Thats when Pete decided their philosophies were too different.
That could be the straw the broke Malone's back. I hope that isn't the particular straw that did it, because that means the next move is a Josh Smith trade.

They won't trade a big name like Cousins, but I wouldn't be surprised if they keep trying to play like the warriors even without the same type of players.
in that case its more him wanting to leave, and with his reduced numbers (FO are all stats guys after all) they then trade him...

Obviously this is a negative outlook when infact everything might improve now with a new coach.

That could be the straw the broke Malone's back. I hope that isn't the particular straw that did it, because that means the next move is a Josh Smith trade.
I hope not, and what I said originally was just hypothetical. But then again, Vivek and pete kind of lives in their own world with this warriors 2.0 thing.

I wonder how much does it have to do with Chris Mullin being in Vivek's ears all day long. How can you ever think rationally if you surround yourself with personnel from the warriors left and right?

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Sacramento owner Vivek Ranadive is very intrigued with coaching candidacy of Chris Mullin, league sources tell Yahoo. Mullin's a factor.

This makes me sick
I'm trying to take everything with a grain of salt right now since I'm sure tension is high, but if this comes to fruition and we somehow find ourselves in some future where Cousins walks and our best player is Jason Thompson, then I'm giving up on this team. It's one thing to root for a bad team. I can do that, I've done it for almost a decade. But I'm not going to root for a team that's being managed to the ground by any rich guy with no basketball sense.

Sacramento owner Vivek Ranadive is very intrigued with coaching candidacy of Chris Mullin, league sources tell Yahoo. Mullin's a factor.

This makes me sick

I typed my Mullin response before seeing this. We've read chatter all morning about the job being Mullin's if he wants it. This is just another strike on Vivek/Pete if this happens.

It seems vivek really wanted to own the Warriors but couldn't become the majority owner so he is desperate to follow every move that the warriors make.

First its trying to play position-less basketball at all cost, hiring a bunch of ex Warriors FO guys, then its going after the same FOs as the warriors.

Now lets give our coaching job to another ex NBA shooter who has no experience coaching and hope it works out like the warriors.

For those that are watching the interviews and listening to the coverage, has any media people called out Vivek/Pete for trying to copy the warriros yet?

I'm trying to take everything with a grain of salt right now since I'm sure tension is high, but if this comes to fruition and we somehow find ourselves in some future where Cousins walks and our best player is Jason Thompson, then I'm giving up on this team. It's one thing to root for a bad team. I can do that, I've done it for almost a decade. But I'm not going to root for a team that's being managed to the ground by any rich guy with no basketball sense.
Vivek has a twitter account right? People should voice their concerns.

This makes me sick
I gotta say, I have been around since about 2002-2003 and I went through the ups and downs, but this would be the last straw. I cannot tolerate a man like Vivek (in other words, a liar), who states he hires people smarter than him, but secretly believes he is the smartest period. Recipe for disaster with an owner like this. I hate the way this was handled, even if we get George Karl (the best available IMO), but if Mullins gets the job, then suffice it to say we will never reach relevancy again/contend. If anything, hire the man that has 1000+ wins already, that way I can at least sleep at night knowing we aren't completely doomed. PDA has no clue what he is doing, Vivek even less so. Being an owner does not equal knowledge of basketball, and neither does coaching your daughter's basketball team when she was 10.

I am going to enjoy when the team quits putting forth 100% effort, because nothing else will make them realize how much of a joke we are right now. You know what? I wouldn't even blame the players if they do. I wouldn't play for an office that is unprofessional, disloyal, and filled with liars. And I wasn't even that big of a fan of Malone's. I just detest folks that say one thing.... and then do the exact opposite. Malone probably did too, which is why he is gone.

I typed my Mullin response before seeing this. We've read chatter all morning about the job being Mullin's if he wants it. This is just another strike on Vivek/Pete if this happens.

It seems vivek really wanted to own the Warriors but couldn't become the majority owner so he is desperate to follow every move that the warriors make.

First its trying to play position-less basketball at all cost, hiring a bunch of ex Warriors FO guys, then its going after the same FOs as the warriors.

Now lets give our coaching job to another ex NBA shooter who has no experience coaching and hope it works out like the warriors.

For those that are watching the interviews and listening to the coverage, has any media people called out Vivek/Pete for trying to copy the warriros yet?
Just watched the starters on nba tv. And they brought every single issue that we had with the fo up