IT = Rumor of 3/24 offer from Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Shame on you, Spike. You simply do not appreciate the wonder that is Isaiah Thomas - past, present and future. Just drink the Kool-Aid. It makes life so much easier. Here comes Nurse Ratched now.
You know what? You're right. I've been too harsh on him for too long. Another stat to support his awesomeness: QWERTY.

His QWERTY rating (based on vowels in a player's first name relative to the number of letters) places him among the NBA's elite.

In all seriousness, I think we've reached the point of absurdity. I'm OK with that for now, but I'll also take a step back with the understanding that it doesn't imply my approval of the opposite argument for IT's value.

I, like others, eagerly await for this saga to end, one way or another. If IT leaves, I'm OK with it, for many of the reasons stated. If he stays, I have my concerns, but it's not my job to make it work.

Just got a text from a friend;

"Chk ESPN. Kings got taj (gibson) for isaiah thomas and sum othr guy"

First of all, taj gibson is one of my favorite players. Second, he's a d*** because it's not true and he thought it'd be funny to mess with my hopes for this year's teams.

should have been easy to see through.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Eli J. Friedman ‏@Eli_NBAOKC 5m
Per a source, Isaiah Thomas is currently meeting with the Phoenix Suns.
Hrn. Not sure how reliable he is. Did you check out his profile?

Eli J. Friedman
@Eli_NBAOKC
Oklahoma City Thunder contributor for @ThunderousInt. Social Media for @BreakoutClassic. Have appeared on ESPN Radio. 17.

I just looked at some of his prior tweets:

Eli J. Friedman @Eli_NBAOKC · 23h
Isaiah Thomas told me he has been in contact with the Lakers, Mavs, Suns, Heat, and Pistons. He said that is his list of teams.

Eli J. Friedman @Eli_NBAOKC · 23h
Isaiah Thomas told me: “I’m just waiting to see how it goes and waiting for Carmelo to decide. His decision just opens it up for me.”

Odd that IT would be talking to some random guy from OKC, and not Sam Amick, Woj, or any of the reputable guys out there, isn't it?

Just sayin.. ;)

EDIT: The guy also just celebrated his 17th birthday. Pretty sure he's not privy to stuff the real guys aren't getting. :p

Shame on you, Spike. You simply do not appreciate the wonder that is Isaiah Thomas - past, present and future. Just drink the Kool-Aid. It makes life so much easier. Here comes Nurse Ratched now.
Kool-Aid? This board seems more like a cult demeaning IT more than anything, and anyone outside of that thinking(IT is a me first midget chucker, gets insulted and portrayed as a joke with no knowledge of basketball) . There are probably 2 or 3 of us that ever say anything positive about IT. I never say he is a perfect player, he isn't the best PG in the league, his future on a playoff team is as a sixth man type, he has flaws, he has strengths, I like his fire, his work ethic, his toughness. We could be better without him if other factors come to fruition, we will be much worse without him if those same factors don't come to fruition and we are left with Gay and Cousins iso ball with no player or ball movement. IT detractors making themselves as the victims though?(at least on this board, outside of here IT gets tons of respect from the Kings fanbase).

BTW I am not for keeping IT at any price, especially after Collison signing. I am just for keeping him if the offer is affordable for us because we keep an asset and the overall talent on the roster goes up from last year at a reasonable price(although im starting to wonder what he will actually get, Vasquez got $6.5 per as a backup, and no one can argue Vasquez is better than IT after what we saw last season). I have faith in McCallum to be a very solid backup and I actually like the Collison signing and actually brought it up as an option months ago in the Personnel Moves thread. If someone wants to overpay IT I am fine with Collison/Ray Mac for next season, but if we let IT go on a contract that we could easily match, then that would be really stupid.

Hey, I've just about read all of thus stuff for the thread's whole life and I find that all the facts are correct an almost all the options, assertions, etc. are mostly valid. Most of the extreme views in both directions are very hard to accept. Maybe we should "pause" this until IT's fate with the Kings is sealed and the players get back on the floor. But then, what would we have to talk about?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
"ball stopper" in the frontcourt =/= ballstopper at "point guard". You depend on the PG to be your anti-ballstopper. He's supposed to grease and run everything. If the ball stops in your PGs hands that literally means nobody else even gets to touch it.

Even if they were equivalent, all it would underscore is that you couldn't possibly keep all your ballstoppers together, so you take the more talented ones, and hand off the less talented ones.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Eli J. Friedman ‏@Eli_NBAOKC 5m
Per a source, Isaiah Thomas is currently meeting with the Phoenix Suns.
Woj just reported this. I sure hope his source isn't this kid. ;)

That's the thing I hate most about rumors. You never know what the real source is...

My bad on my earlier comments about the credibility of Eli.

"ball stopper" in the frontcourt =/= ballstopper at "point guard". You depend on the PG to be your anti-ballstopper. He's supposed to grease and run everything. If the ball stops in your PGs hands that literally means nobody else even gets to touch it.

Even if they were equivalent, all it would underscore is that you couldn't possibly keep all your ballstoppers together, so you take the more talented ones, and hand off the less talented ones.
IT gets called a ball stopper yet somehow he managed more APG than anyone else who has been a King during the past 9 years. Somehow, DMC managed to have a great season despite a ball stopping PG and Gay did not do too shabby either once traded to us.

Also, IT was kind of playing both PG and SG at the same time because our SG's may have been the poorest in the league the past 10 years. Simply awful. He probably needed to take more shots to give our backcourt any respect at all from the other teams.

That's the thing I hate most about rumors. You never know what the real source is...

Awww, but I liked reading his tweets in a cracked teenage boys voice...

Brett Weisband@weisband
For the record, Isaiah Thomas told me yesterday that his top three choices are the Lakers, Suns and Dallas. Very interesting trio.

https://twitter.com/weisband/status/487365447462166528

Later said that he didnt get the feeling that either Sacramento or IT were very interested in making it work. Never would have guessed it'd be playing out like this.
Interesting. Is that his top three choices, or are those the only choices left? Not going to start in Phoenix or Dallas either.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Assume he will be cast in the 6th man role there.
You have minutes for three guards, their three would be the most dynamic in the league. Offensively that is. And I guess you don't even try to have a frontcourt. But then again, that's PHX. Certain franchises seem to have patterns built into their DNA. Phoenix has always and apparently will always run gun and smallball. They also won't ever win anything, but they keep the tourists happy and the casual fans seeing the scoreboard light up on network TV on Sundays, so they serve their purpose.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Interesting that all of a sudden Phoenix is in the mix of things with them having just drafted a PG and having two more Guards which both had breakout seasons. Phoenix would have some assets to trade us so I would not mind a S&T with the Suns.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Okay, I did some more back-checking. I'm back to thinking Eli is not a reliable ORIGINAL source of anything. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.