The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

Bogdan Bogdanovic is wack. Take it from a Serbian. He's not amounting to anything haha.

Everybody lobbying for more picks. There is absolutely nothing left that will help this team at all. Look toward to trades and July 1 FA signings. Since Ben will be focal point of most trades you almost had to take stauskas.
Not really. Few guys available in FA who can fill that role as shooter/non-defender.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't dislike Stauskus himself as a prospect, in my mind he is a lesser Brandon Roy with a very high likelihood of reaching that potential, but taking him over Payton, who has greater potential at a more critical position, was a mistake. There is also the issue that we just spent two straight lottery picks on SGs.
If this is the case, we need to start building PDA a statue or something.

dude12

Hall of Famer
About a week ago I was saying the last thing we needed to do was draft a SG....just sign a proven vet to pair with Ben at that spot. We needed to draft either a PG or secondarily a PF but its hard to miss with one of this PGs in Smart or Payton as they can defend and defense always transfers to the NBA from college.....

I'm hoping we didn't just pass on 2 players who could help us in areas of need (Vonleh, Payton) and then watch these guys blow up. If the FO and Malone missed on this, they have to answer for it.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

The comparisons to Klay Thompson are a bunch of bull dookie until the point in time comes that Stauskas shows he can not only defend at this level, but is an above average defender at this level and a top 3-4 defender on a playoff level team, while doing so against starting SG's.

You all see Klay have some very good mins D'ing up CP3 in the playoffs? Can Stauskas even guard Ben in practice?

If you're not factoring the difference on defense and are just looking at the offensive end, you're suffering from the same disease as our FO.
In what world is Klay Thompson an above average defender? Don't kid yourself man. He's a great defender. Stauskus' lateral quickness is far superior to Thompsons'. Meaning, Nik can be a better defender than Klay. Will he? Well, no better coach than Malone to make it happen.

So Houston had a potential trade set up for Jeremy Lin to clear cap if they thought they would have a chance at Carmelo or LBJ maybe PDA set to trade JT (with Asik gone needs backup big) Terry (an ender) S&T Isaiah and any other enders to clear cap for Houston for Clint Capela and Lin , Maybe PDA even had Houston pick Capela with this in mind?

Wow am I grasping at straws or what !!! LOL

One was their own back from the Howard trade. It's a 2017. But yeah, assets are good. It seems to be a similar them with Petrie/PDA. Neither seems particularly big on getting future picks.
Yeah I mean those assets may not turn out to be much, but they basically got them for nothing.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

You really have no idea what you're talking about on so many levels
I've followed the kid since he was 16 years old. Maybe you should do your research a bit more. One player that is far superior to him is Vasilije Micic. You will see. I'm done about this subject because you've probably seen him play ZERO times this year while I watch and follow the European and specifically the Serbian league. He's a typical European player that can achieve greatness but can't translate that to the NBA because he lacks any kind of athleticism to stay in front of his man. He's also not the best shooter on the Serbian NT. Don't believe in the hype. But you will see for yourself.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So Houston had a potential trade set up for Jeremy Lin to clear cap if they thought they would have a chance at Carmelo or LBJ maybe PDA set to trade JT (with Asik gone needs backup big) Terry (an ender) S&T Isaiah and any other enders to clear cap for Houston for Clint Capela and Lin , Maybe PDA even had Houston pick Capela with this in mind?

Wow am I grasping at straws or what !!! LOL
Maybe, but I kinda like it. ;)

They're in the Eastern Conference so it won't take much
True ... but it also means that at some point we should be able to draft at better positions (since our record should be lower). The East is also slowly getting better with many of the lower teams taking steps in the right direction. We're also supposedly far ahead of them with our supposed HOFer Cousins, Gay and of course the savior of Sacramento Isaiah Thomas.

I've followed the kid since he was 16 years old. Maybe you should do your research a bit more. One player that is far superior to him is Vasilije Micic. You will see. I'm done about this subject because you've probably seen him play ZERO times this year while I watch and follow the European and specifically the Serbian league. He's a typical European player that can achieve greatness but can't translate that to the NBA because he lacks any kind of athleticism to stay in front of his man. He's also not the best shooter on the Serbian NT. Don't believe in the hype. But you will see for yourself.
I prefer Micic too but saying he's wack is just stupid. I've done my research, I watch European basketball too. You being Serbian doesn't change your credibility, which is shown to be emotional and clouded, and that's putting it extremely nicely.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I prefer Micic too but saying he's wack is just stupid. I've done my research, I watch European basketball too. You being Serbian doesn't change your credibility, which is shown to be emotional and clouded, and that's putting it extremely nicely.
Okay, guys. If you two want to continue in this vein, please take it to a private conversation. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.