Well, see you in a different uniform next season IT

A confident player/person wouldn't feel the need to call-out a yet to be drafted rookie who's going to be stuck on the bench behind him.

Was brought up the other day our FO wants to mold itself after the Spurs. Well, that type of s*** doesn't fly down in SA. It's not about wanting to fight for a starting spot, all that happens on the court, it's about a team first attitude and, I might add, at least pretending to have a more veteran and leadership type mentality as someone who wants to be our starting PG while having the awareness to keep that type of thing in-house.

I can't think of a guy I'd want as a starting PG for us, who would publicly show such insecurity over a draft pick. Guys like Dragic/Rondo/Bledsoe/Lowry wouldn't.

A confident player/person wouldn't feel the need to call-out a yet to be drafted rookie who's going to be stuck on the bench behind him.

Was brought up the other day our FO wants to mold itself after the Spurs. Well, that type of s*** doesn't fly down in SA. It's not about wanting to fight for a starting spot, all that happens on the court, it's about a team first attitude and, I might add, at least pretending to have a more veteran and leadership type mentality as someone who wants to be our starting PG while having the awareness to keep that type of thing in-house.

I can't think of a guy I'd want as a starting PG for us, who would publicly show such insecurity over a draft pick. Guys like Dragic/Rondo/Bledsoe/Lowry wouldn't.
blah, blah, blah

More making a mountain out of a molehill. Once again, no one seems to bring up tweets of IT when he's praising Ray Mac for a great game when he was hurt, or supporting the Kings by being at the arena vote (only King there I believe), or when he's in India. Because that doesn't fit the party code for a few people around here.

I wish people would stop trying to disguise there agenda against him. Its clear some posters here don't like and don't want him on the team. Which is fine, but don't try and drum up some silly controversy over freaking twitter. I mean.. really?

I wish people would stop trying to disguise there agenda against him.
What's amusing is how you and the two who repped your post are so sensitive that any conversation about IT is deemed as having an "agenda".

Those aren't tweets of a confident leader or a team first player. That's the issue. But keep on deflecting if you like. It's not that big of a deal btw, but in the off season we have little to talk about, and we are on a forum. You all are free to save your emotional responses for next season of you like, if discussion riles you up that much.

Not my problem that some take wanting a better fit at PG as a personal agenda against IT. It's a contradiction a certain crowd can't see, when they wanted a different coach than Smart, a different SF than Salmons, a different starting point than Vasquez, a different SG than Ben, and made those opinions known as basketball related decisions yet if someone wants a different PG than IT, they're haters, have an agenda, hate the little guy, etc..

It's emotional ties. It's emotional responses.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What's amusing is how you and the two who repped your post are so sensitive that any conversation about IT is deemed as having an "agenda".
I never accused anyone of having an agenda. I actually LIKED his post because I agreed with the second paragraph. If people are going to microanalyze what IT tweets to the universe, they need to do it for everything he tweets.

You've long had a habit of attacking the poster instead of the post. Your assessment of my and others emotional responses notwithstanding, you could address the message without flailing at the messenger. Of course, we've had this debate before so I know it won't change your m.o. any more than it will mine.

Hey, at least we share a love of the Kings. ;)

dude12

Hall of Famer

Those aren't tweets of a confident leader or a team first player. That's the issue. But keep on deflecting if you like. It's not that big of a deal btw, but in the off season we have little to talk about, and we are on a forum. You all are free to save your emotional responses for next season of you like, if discussion riles you up that much.

Not my problem that some take wanting a better fit at PG as a personal agenda against IT. It's a contradiction a certain crowd can't see, when they wanted a different coach than Smart, a different SF than Salmons, a different starting point than Vasquez, a different SG than Ben, and made those opinions known as basketball related decisions yet if someone wants a different PG than IT, they're haters, have an agenda, hate the little guy, etc..

Agreed with all your posts....I really don't think there is one Kings fan around who would not love IT like a Bobby Jackson or Doug Christie or any other King if he would be the starting PG who would lead us to the playoffs and beyond...playoff series victories....but many Kings fans don't see him as the STARTING pg to do this and see him as an incredible 6th man type who could be that guy....I see IT as a guy who is still trying to play with a chip on his shoulder and tweet about it instead of being one of the leaders on a team....comes across as more about IT than " hey, I'm not ready to concede the starting position to anyone but if the organization brings in a PG and want me to be the guy off the bench, whatever it takes to get this team to the playoffs is what I'm all about".

Did IT throw a fit when Vasquez was handed the starting job? What about when he was clearly outplaying Vasquez in every facet of the game and still sat on the bench?

If the Kings draft a PG who is better than IT and proves it on the court, I feel IT will do what's best for the team.

IT has been minimized his whole life because of his height and when asked about potential PG competition, how did you think he would answer?

Yes., I'm sure you and I and a few others have "agendas". I don't read tweets unless someone posts them on here. You can turn the world or make or break the "Spurs" in 140 characters? I'd say let's get our info/opinions somewhere else. Let's just let IT and Cuz and our other 28 game winners duke it out in training camp. If the Kings don't want IT starting they won't start him. Park the attitudes.

Really hoping we resign IT... his best basketball is ahead of him. With him and Demarcus that's two solid young players we'd have locked up long term. If Rudy opts in and we upgrade the shooting guard position we could realistically see an increase of 10-15 wins next year.

Really hoping we resign IT... his best basketball is ahead of him. With him and Demarcus that's two solid young players we'd have locked up long term. If Rudy opts in and we upgrade the shooting guard position we could realistically see an increase of 10-15 wins next year.
It's not as easy as years past to upgrade the 2 as years past. Let's take a look at some of the better 2 guards in today's NBA that we have the may have the assets to acquire and are age appropriate to fit here.

Gordon Hayward - Likely unattainable and will cost cost big $ anyway
Trevor Ariza - FA but Washington likely retains
Lance Stephenson - Is going to be looking for a big payday, could use the pick to clear space
Wesley Matthews - Not worth what it would take to acquire him(pick)
Arron Afflalo - WOULD be worth trading pick for BUT only has 1 more year under contract
Gerald Green - Will cost at least the 8th pick
Kevin Martin - Trade for Carl Landry lol
Jimmy Butler - Yes plz
Jamal Crawford - Unguaranteed would be interesting pick up but unlikely
Marco Belinelli - Spurs would look at us funny if we even ask
Dion Waiters - I personally REALLY like this kids game, CLE likely listens if you offer pick
Ray Allen - FA, would be GREAT to have around BEN
Tim Hardaway Jr - Would cost a pick but we demand their 2076 1st rounder lol
Iman Shumpert - Awesome fit and under a very manageable deal
Andre Iguodala - Cost the pick at minimum and would be funny
Archie Goodwin - Outstanding upside undoubtably cost us the pick but would be an awesome young back court IT, McCallum, Ben, Goodwin WOW
Avery Bradley - Another potential great fit, FA

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
It's not as easy as years past to upgrade the 2 as years past. Let's take a look at some of the better 2 guards in today's NBA that we have the may have the assets to acquire and are age appropriate to fit here.

Lance Stephenson - Is going to be looking for a big payday, could use the pick to clear space
Arron Afflalo - WOULD be worth trading pick for BUT only has 1 more year under contract
Jimmy Butler - Yes plz
Dion Waiters - I personally REALLY like this kids game, CLE likely listens if you offer pick
Archie Goodwin - Outstanding upside undoubtably cost us the pick but would be an awesome young back court IT, McCallum, Ben, Goodwin WOW
I think some of these guys you may be overvaluing at costing our pick at 8.... Or undervaluing the pick at 8. The pick is a highly valued asset when you factor in potential and cost controlled contract.....would not offer the pick for Green or some others. I would try for a Morrow or Sefolosha or try for a vet in a deal involving JT or Landry and expiring Terry or such. Seems we could get a guy like Goodwin for a JT....adding pieces on each side for salary equality. There was the potential deal at the deadline of JT for Jarrett Jack if Cleveland could find a taker for JT.

I'm keeping that pick and taking Smart or Payton or Vonleh or Gordon, have a cost controlled young asset. Adding one of these guys would help our roster immediately. Adding some cheaper productive vets that fit gives us a chance to get to .500

Jimmy Butler - Yes plz
I was thinking more along the lines of Staukas at #8... assuming we're gonna resign IT and Rudy is going to opt in.

I was thinking more along the lines of Staukas at #8... assuming we're gonna resign IT and Rudy is going to opt in.
The problem there is that you are using two picks in a row on 2-guards, neither of which are really ready for prime time. If you are going to go that route, make the risky play and go for the athletic freak in Lavine, then trade Ben for a steady veteran from one of the rebuilding squads.

The problem there is that you are using two picks in a row on 2-guards, neither of which are really ready for prime time. If you are going to go that route, make the risky play and go for the athletic freak in Lavine, then trade Ben for a steady veteran from one of the rebuilding squads.
We got the athletic freak last year in Ben... I'd rather go for the best player this year.

Also, not worried about picking a sg two yrs in a row... last yr's draft was historically weak so getting a solid starter was a long shot.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

Jimmy Butler - Yes plz
I'm with you on this. Goodwin is a young talent I have on my "list."