Tyreke Evans watch

i'm still infuriated with the decision not to sign tyreke but throw a boatload of cash to carl landry. i thought the FO would try to get rid of MT, Jimmer, Outlaw and IT(yes, i said IT) . As much as I like IT, i think he will command too much $$. He's too much of a defensive liability if this team is truly going to contend. I see his value as a 2-3m/yr bench player. However, I think the gerbil will look at "stats" and overpay him like he did landry. He seems to value offensive players more than defensive players.
You named the 4 guys that need to go one way or another to really complete a full culture change.

Little man will severely limit what this team can do in the future, especially if they overpay him.

If he wants to stay for 3-4 million and be the backup, fine. I think he'll want a lot more though. I think the clear choice at this point is to trade him. Acquiring a pg who plays both sides of the ball is a must.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I confess I have been watching more Blazers games than usual. The other night plus the Kings game I attended have made me more frustrated about letting Reke go than I was when we did it.

Yep. Putting on a show in Boston.
Leading the team in points, assists and rebounds at the half if I'm not wrong. Announcers mentioned he's averaging 18/8/7 or something like that in last 6 games.

He really needs to get his jumpshot/floater down though. Just don't see why he hasn't been able to produce results on that end. This year his outside set shot looks worse than it did last year with us. He's finally learning to see guys and be a little bit more active, and the results are showing. But fact remains that he needs to add that outside part to his game to truly become all-star level.

Didn't play enough minutes to get that triple double unless he has a huge quarter.

Ryan Anderson really has been down a long time. Getting the full neck brace stretcher treatment. Crash Wallace crashed into him.

That jump shot continues to hold him back as he approaches a triple double???? What?
I'm still sure that he's going to need it to break into all-star status. Doesn't need to be Kyle Korver or Ben McLemore :)p) but just what we were saying for years - if open he has to be able to take and make the outside shot to become more of a threat offensively. Then he'll easily average 20 points along with the 6ish assists.

He's going by you and there's nothing you can do it about it. He did it late, missed the shot, but just went right by his guy like he wasn't there.

If NO wants to play him 29 minutes when he's playing like that, man, we'll take him back.

On a team with Holiday, Gordon, and Anthony Davis, tyreke was the guy with the ball late.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, he was quiet offensively in the second half, at least until the clutch, where he was, basically, Davis' only help, as New Orleans came back to get the win on the road. Very strong defensively down the stretch.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
He's going by you and there's nothing you can do it about it. He did it late, missed the shot, but just went right by his guy like he wasn't there.

If NO wants to play him 29 minutes when he's playing like that, man, we'll take him back.

On a team with Holiday, Gordon, and Anthony Davis, tyreke was the guy with the ball late.
To me he's their 2nd best player, their best guard. Meshes well with Davis. He and Jrue also mesh well. Jrue/Reke and Gordon do not mesh. Gordon clogs up the rotations and the flow of the offense.

Reke is playing well but we won't see the full effect until NO gets a taker for Gordon. Monty has no idea how to get him more than 30 mins with Gordon on the roster.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I actually kind of hope that they don't find a taker for Gordon until the off-season: with Thomas being moved into our starting lineup, I'd really like to see Evans get 6MOY.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I actually kind of hope that they don't find a taker for Gordon until the off-season: with Thomas being moved into our starting lineup, I'd really like to see Evans get 6MOY.
I keep forgetting the site where I can look this up myself but has anyone ever received ROY and 6MOY?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Evans ended a streak of good games with a 3-9 night, finishing with 12/2/1/2, as New Orleans got wrecked in Indianapolis. On the second night of a back-to-back, against a team like the Pacers, without Anderson to stretch the floor, I can't imagine of a less surprising outcome.

Evans ended a streak of good games with a 3-9 night, finishing with 12/2/1/2, as New Orleans got wrecked in Indianapolis. On the second night of a back-to-back, against a team like the Pacers, without Anderson to stretch the floor, I can't imagine of a less surprising outcome.
Yea he played pretty bad, no surprise against a good defensive team with a shotblocker. Was at the game! My first NBA game live :D

Wish I had known. I could have hooked you up with a couple of Pacer fans. :)
Haha thanks! I'll let you know if I'm planning to go for another one. Possibly targeting the Kings game on the 14th! Tonight ... not sure they would have been fond of me cheering for Evans :p