Tyreke Evans watch

Yep. A friend actually sent me the tweet that said something like "Tyreke goes down and needs help getting off the court, looks serious" and I guessed that it was his ankle. Wasn't the least bit surprised I was right as he seems to have ankle injuries that look bad regularly.

Man that really sucks....hope all goes well for reke but that fall didnt look so good :(

Hopefully Vasquez will play limited minutes on monday! Really looking forward to seeing him play

Saw the play. He landed on Patrick Beverly's foot. He was shooting a floater (a shot we all wanted him to add to his reportoire) and landed on his foot. He was looking good too. Oh well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Saw the play. He landed on Patrick Beverly's foot. He was shooting a floater (a shot we all wanted him to add to his reportoire) and landed on his foot. He was looking good too. Oh well.
Further proof that sometimes you need to be very careful what you wish for. :p

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
Just might be an issue he'll have to deal with throughout his career. Recurring ankle/feet problems for a player who relies heavily on those ankles is not a good thing

Sprained ankles are a thing of luck most of the time. Though it seems Tyreke gained a good 5-10 lbs during the off season. He looks obviously heavier in his media pics with the Pelicans. Good luck to him.

Once you sprain an ankle badly, it's always vulnerable to more sprains, unfortunately. I suffer from the same problem and it's incredibly frustrating. I'd imagine it happens more to players who take it to the rim a lot. Hopefully Tyreke isn't hurt too badly, would be a shame to see him out for a while before he even gets started for them.

Just might be an issue he'll have to deal with throughout his career. Recurring ankle/feet problems for a player who relies heavily on those ankles is not a good thing
Which is why a lot of us here wanted him to develop a jumpshot. You can only go into the lane so many times before you step on someone's foot or awkwardly. Not to mention it always seemed that he had weak feet/ankles.

Oh well, not our problem anymore! :)

Once you sprain an ankle badly, it's always vulnerable to more sprains, unfortunately. I suffer from the same problem and it's incredibly frustrating. I'd imagine it happens more to players who take it to the rim a lot. Hopefully Tyreke isn't hurt too badly, would be a shame to see him out for a while before he even gets started for them.
Exactly. I had a sprain in 10th grade that bugged me until about 20 years old! That's about 4-5 years!!! I would constantly twist it and have to wear my plastic air cast. It was really bad when I would get up after my leg fell asleep. The thing would twist every time I tried to get up so I would always have to sit around for a few minutes.

Exactly. I had a sprain in 10th grade that bugged me until about 20 years old! That's about 4-5 years!!! I would constantly twist it and have to wear my plastic air cast. It was really bad when I would get up after my leg fell asleep. The thing would twist every time I tried to get up so I would always have to sit around for a few minutes.
yup. mainly because your ligaments have been loosened. once you sprain it bad once, it'll sprain again very easily but recover quickly as well. at least that was my experience.

I feel really bad for Reke. But I've wondered if his ankle/foot problems were just going to be a plague for all of his career. Just really too bad. :(

yup. mainly because your ligaments have been loosened. once you sprain it bad once, it'll sprain again very easily but recover quickly as well. at least that was my experience.

Last time I "sprained" mine, I was out for about 6 months (and I only came back because I was sick of waiting for it to heal 100% - smart, I know). But I'm pretty sure I had actually torn the ligaments considering what it looked and felt like. Happened about a year ago and there's still pain in it, just not enough to stop me playing. Having bad ankles is a curse, not really a lot you can do to prevent it from happening again.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This is true...but it works the other way too. once you've sprained an ankle it stretches the ligaments, so you are forever more likely to sprain it again. But on the other hand because the ligaments are already stretched the new sprains are generally less severe, so you get into a pattern of numerous smaller rolls taking you out for a week or two rather than big 2 month affairs.

And yes, when I play I have my right ankle braced up just shy of a steel support boot.

Seems like its a chronic injury. Then again, a guard that attacks the paint as much as he does its bound to happen I suppose. I look forward to watching Reke play in a new role this year, I will watch some Pelican games for sure.

And yes, when I play I have my right ankle braced up just shy of a steel support boot.
Throughout my varsity baseball career I had to wear my air cast. It really did help though, and it didn't slow me down much, if at all. I haven't used my cast for a while though. I would use it off and on depending on how my ankle was, but since I sprained it in 10th grade it's always the same ankle getting sprained. Probably sprained it 7-8 times since I was 15 years old. Haven't sprained it for about 8 years though. The trusty cast is always on standby though if I do sprain it and feel like playing basketball or something.

Hopes he gets better, and I hate to say it in this thread but since there is no other thread dedicated to him I see - I was never a fan. When he averaged 20/5/5 during his first year, some though he was better than D Rose and I was personally expecting a top 6-7 player in the league. Just a ball-stopping tweener without a position and IMHO wasn't needed heading forward

Hopes he gets better, and I hate to say it in this thread but since there is no other thread dedicated to him I see - I was never a fan. When he averaged 20/5/5 during his first year, some though he was better than D Rose and I was personally expecting a top 6-7 player in the league. Just a ball-stopping tweener without a position and IMHO wasn't needed heading forward
Not any more ball stopping than our very own Isaiah Thomas. And tweener? Tyreke Evans is many things but a tweener he is not..

Reke is shooting 32% FG and 14% from 3. He is flat out terrible so far this season and has approved all the concerns: no consitent jumpshot, no court vision and easy to stop while penetrating, cause he refuses to use floaters and is bound to his main hand. It's sad to see him like this and far too early to finally judge the PDA decision to let him go, but right now everything points into the direction, that he is not worth the big contract.
He does not look like the borderline all star, some people on this forum always claimed he can be.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Reke is shooting 32% FG and 14% from 3. He is flat out terrible so far this season and has approved all the concerns: no consitent jumpshot, no court vision and easy to stop while penetrating, cause he refuses to use floaters and is bound to his main hand. It's sad to see him like this and far too early to finally judge the PDA decision to let him go, but right now everything points into the direction, that he is not worth the big contract.
He does not look like the borderline all star, some people on this forum always claimed he can be.
Easy to stop while penetrating might be one of the single stupidest things said on this forum. Just sad really. he might have gotten tot eh rim more than any player in the NBA except Lebron James over the past 4 years, but yes, he's easy to stop going to the rim.

Ignoring normal Kings fans ignorance, the injury set him back. Looks heavyish and uncomfortable, although notably in another nod to Kings fans ignorance, even when he's not shooting, he's filling other areas of the statsheet. That minor little detail rarely gets mentioned here in the land of ooh ooh a jumpshot! yay! 28 wins here we come! But its the distinguishing feature of most well rounded basketball players, and keeps them useful even while they are in a slump. I remember he started last year struggling in his first 10 games too. he didn't suddenly forget how to play, the offense will come around sooner or later. Am a little curious what is going on there though, the whole offense has collapsed, and all three of those guys are really struggling to put the ball in the hoop. New owner, lots of money spent, if Monty isn't able to design an offense to get even one of them shooting over 40%, he may find George Karl taking over his team.

Last edited:
My biggets gripe is that after his ROY he kind of stopped. I don't know if he stopped putting in the effort or what, but he just didn't develop that other ability to free him up on his drives, whether it was a left hand, a floater, a pull-up jumper, a post game, anything. He still needs his right hand to finish well. Take that away and you make it much harder for him to score.

He is a very good rebounder for the 2, has above-average court vision for the position, and gets to the rim well, but the defensive book is out on him; sag off and force him left and you take away much of his effectiveness.

He is young enough that he could still turn it around and become the all-star he should be, but I think the Pelicans overpaid for him in his current form, especially with Jrue and Eric Gordon taking up space in that backcourt.

Easy to stop while penetrating might be one of the single stupidest things said on this forum. Just sad really. he might have gotten tot eh rim more than any player in the NBA except Lebron James over the past 4 years, but yes, he's easy to stop going to the rim.

Ignoring normal Kings fans ignorance, the injury set him back. Looks heavyish and uncomfortable, although notably in another nod to Kings fans ignorance, even when he's not shooting, he's filling other areas of the statsheet. That minor little detail rarely gets mentioned here in the land of ooh ooh a jumpshot! yay! 28 wins here we come! But its the distinguishing feature of most well rounded basketball players, and keeps them useful even while they are in a slump. I remember he started last year struggling in his first 10 games too. he didn't suddenly forget how to play, the offense will come around sooner or later. Am a little curious what is going on there though, the whole offense has collapsed, and all three of those guys are really struggling to put the ball in the hoop. New owner, lots of money spent, if Monty isn't able to design an offense to get even one of them shooting over 40%, he may find George Karl taking over his team.
Wow you r a really polite person. Who are you? Some kind of basketball guru, who came here with a godsend knowledge of the game we all love?
Sorry i dare to write my opinion into this forum, where you r offended by it.
I watched every single Pelicans game this season and yes, Reke is playing horrible . There is no other way to put it. Now you can provide all those kind of beautiful stats, which you use every time someone dares to not share your precious opinion, while you keep saying they are useless, if someone backs up his opinion with statistics too. I personally am not interested in an discussion with someone who lacks any kind of courtesy and respect.
I tried to give this forum a chance, cause i wanted to discuss the NBA with other Kings Fans, but i see this was a mistake. There is no productive discussion in here, mostly because of you bullying everyone with a different opinion and mindset.
Good luck. I m out.

Filling the stats in garbage time when they are down 20. That's what I saw last night. And the Pels announcers getting all over him for jogging back on a fast break. Over dribbling and lost on the weak side defense.