These ugly burdens that I bare
I fight for FREEDOM can't they see
Their understanding is my plea

While my eyes are closed to sleep
In your arms please safely keep

Ryan

I like turtles
Oh J, you are relentless.

I spent a semester in Savannah, GA a few years back and there were always a bunch of people stationed there. Just curious

Last edited:
And here we go... the next chapter.

Start the trip to Kuwait/Iraq this weekend (just in time for football, sweet /sarcasm). Internet time will probably be sparse (unless I can get KF on the SIPR/Secret Net... hmmm?) but don't worry, my fantasy football team will still destroy all. It will be just like old times :D

See you guys around! Go Kings.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Start the trip to Kuwait/Iraq this weekend (just in time for football, sweet /sarcasm). Internet time will probably be sparse (unless I can get KF on the SIPR/Secret Net... hmmm?)
Afraid it doesn't work like that, lieutenant...

Be safe over there.

Ryan

I like turtles
I know that Slim, but the general public doesn't. We could have looked so cool had you played along.
Seriously. For a minute there I thought "Wow, J's thinking of us even in Iraq." Now I'm just mad. :::sigh:::

Just kidding. Good luck over seas

Hello from Baghdad!

I wrote this only to ensure that Ryan felt special that I was thinking of everyone even in the middle of a combat zone.

Nothing like I imagined, very surreal. I should have some crazy wild stories when I get back. Wow.

Hope everyone is doing well...

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Hello from Baghdad!

I wrote this only to ensure that Ryan felt special that I was thinking of everyone even in the middle of a combat zone.

Nothing like I imagined, very surreal. I should have some crazy wild stories when I get back. Wow.

Hope everyone is doing well...
And we are hoping the same for you.

Good luck, God bless, and thanks.

Thanks for stopping by Gina, nice to see you around and kicking.

Frustration is having a store that doesn't stock swedish fish or twizzlers, but does stock those necco sugar disk wafers, who eats those things?

I'm an old timer and I'm sure many of you might not know me, but for those that do I have some information on my life I thought might be interesting and figured I'd pass it on. Yesterday I was accepted to the Army Officer Canidate School and today I swore in to active duty. I leave for boot camp on the 27th of this month. It's something I've wanted and needed to do for a long time and I'm glad I finally get the chance to do it.

So, for those I know, I might not be around as often as I once was but I enjoyed all the times I spent here. Okay, maybe not all the times I spent here but most of the times. And anchoring the KF basketball team was a personal highlight.
dont know ya as im new to site, but thats cool, Good luck to you

And since there was a couple requests for stories that I haven't responded to I'll relive one of the funniest moments in basic training.

In Basic, you have to stand in line waiting for chow (food). You have to get in a snake like line nice and tight (nuts to butt). So one day we are waiting for lunch in out line when one of the drill sergeants notices that one of the privates is standing in line without his hat on. He is the only one.

DS- "Private, WTF are you doing, where's your cover!?!"
Private- reached for head, just realizes he forgot his cover, extreme panic consumes him "I forgot it in the barracks drill sergeant!"
DS- "Knock out 25 and go get it then!"
Private- "Yes drill sergeant!"

The private gets out of line, drops down on the loose gravel and proceeds to knock out 25 push-ups. Recovers and begins to walk away to the barracks.

DS- "Private!"
Private turns- "Yes drill sergeant!"
DS- "Where's your cover?!"
Private looking very confused- "(timidly) I left it in the barracks... "
DS- "Well knock out 25 and go effin get it"
Private with growing fear "Yes, drill sergeant."

The private drops, knocks out 25 and get up to walk away...

DS- "Private!"
Private turns- "Yes drill sergeant!"
DS- "Where's your cover?!"
Private with a growing sense of failure- "The barracks drill sergeant."
DS- "Well knock out 25 and get it"
Private- "Yes, drill sergeant."

This time the private struggles greatly through 25 pushups with everyone holding in giggles and laughter. Once he finishes he 25 this time he doesn't stand, he just takes off like a track star, before he can make it around the corner...

DS- "Private!"
Private- "I know, I know" the private says as he drops and does his 25, this faux game of red light - green light goes on a couple more times before everybody is laughing out loud uncontrollably and the private finally makes it around the corner where the drill sergeant can no longer see him and thus can no longer stop him.
aww the great times of basic lol

JSin what are you up to these days??
Oh Ryan. Funny story, guess who was stationed in Savannah, GA?

Ok, so it's been awhile since my last update, so for those who care, I will make this long and boring.

Since my last 15 months deployment to Baghdad, I got promoted (1LT), returned, had my San Diego girlfriend move across country to be with me, got promoted (CPT), went to school (CPT school), went/graduated Pathfinder school, moved to Hinesville/Savannah to be part of the famed 3rd ID, took command of a maintenance company, got married (same girlfriend), deployed back to Iraq (for a much shorter and enjoyable 12 month deployment), came home with all my Soldiers, because an S3 (Operations Officer), got Crossfit certified, moved to Davenport Iowa to take the job of a 2-star general's aide, had a son (Nathan) on Veteran's Day (go figure), visited Afghanistan, and barely survived the brutal midest winter.

That leads us to the summer of 2013, where I just finished a move to Hawaii to serve as a Recovery Team Leader for JPAC (Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command), which I'm pretty excited about (both the job and location). Wife and son are both enjoying it as well, although I'm sure we will tire of the perfect 75 degree weather and scenic beaches at some point... right?

That's the recap!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That leads us to the summer of 2013, where I just finished a move to Hawaii to serve as a Recovery Team Leader for JPAC (Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command), which I'm pretty excited about (both the job and location). Wife and son are both enjoying it as well, although I'm sure we will tire of the perfect 75 degree weather and scenic beaches at some point... right?
You'd be surprised by how quickly you can get tired of that, especially if you're like me, and prefer cold weather; Island Fever is totally a thing.

Although it probably would have been infinitely more tolerable had I still been happily married, and there with my family, as opposed to there by myself, while going through a separation/divorce. Glad to hear you're having a much better time of it; too bad you still don't work for a living.

You'd be surprised by how quickly you can get tired of that, especially if you're like me, and prefer cold weather; Island Fever is totally a thing.
I hate cold weather. There is no chance I will not love it here for my 3 years. Iowa winters were literally depressing for me, you can have it.