Yo officially retired today 8/4/09

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Yo Griffith...woman and warrior...team leader and driver, will always be special to me.

Good luck to you, Yo. I want to see Monarchs #33 retired in ARCO Arena.

Yo Griffith...woman and warrior...team leader and driver, will always be special to me.

It's only fitting that Jersey #33 be hanging next to the 2005 WNBA Championship banner. After all, she was such a big part of that great run!

Thanks Yo for putting the Sacramento Monarchs on the map and helping the city win their first and only CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Your passion, heart, and hustle will be missed by fans everywhere!

Congratulations on your retirement Yo. I'm sorry it ended the way it did, but you've certainly earned the rest. You were the fiercest competitor and I think you willed the team to that 2005 championship. I will never forget watching you play for our Monarchs or that championship season. I'll cherish the signed basketball I have from that night, too.

#33 in the rafters of Arco!

I agree 100%...one day I hope to SEE #33 YOLANDA GRIFFITH...
hanging high above with all the other greats.
No doubt she will one day,she will be in the Womens Hall Of Fame.

Thanks for all the memories & contributions to the game Yo.
You are a legend in my mind & like 6th said...a Warrior!

Best of luck in your coaching career, you have so much to teach.

Nice words in the Bee today:
http://www.sacbee.com/629/story/2098803.html

I know I can be hard-headed because her whole situation still kinda irks me. I couldn't really let it go, but for some reason this little article broke me. And when they finally decide to hang 33 up in the rafters I will be bawling my eyes out and wearing the shirt she signed for me. I will be remembering all her great moves, that amazing wing span, and of course that glare that rivals Pat Summit's. While I'm very sorry she got injured, I was glad Indiana didn't get as attached to her as we all did.:rolleyes:

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Yo put the monarchs on her back to their one WNBA championship. She was the reason I watched the monarchs back then. My best wishes to her in her retirement.