Would you trade Skal for Chriss? (split)

Would you trade Skal for Chriss?

• Total voters
I would in a heartbeat but I think I probably value Chriss more than most. I think your a Suns fan, I would be curious what your take is on him. He had a nice run of games before his latest injury.
I think that was more or less to Kings fans, not just fans of other teams who seem to have a negative take on our players seemingly every issue. Most Kings fans would not

Yes you can re-negotiate contracts in Europe. The year before Bogdan went to visit Phoenix. They were keen to get him over for season 2016-2017. He just came off a disappointing final 4 in Euroleague with Fener falling short of winning the title. One thing he wanted to do was win Euroleague title before he leaves for the NBA. He has won everything else there is to win. Suns didn’t like his decision and cried foul.

Like I have said in the past, I have known Bogdan since he was a kid. Followed his career from his early teenage years. One thin that kid always wanted to do was play in the NBA. He left a mark at Partizan before he left for Fener. He won everything he could except Euroleague with Partizan.

When he was leaving Partizan, he had much bigger offers from other European teams but he chose Feber because he believed that was his best path forward in terms of development for hus NBA career and a chance to win Euroleague. He chose his teams and coaches carefully to reach his goal. At Partizan he had a legendary coach in Vujošević who is known for developing young players into very good players and getting the absolute maximum out of his team. At Fener he had a legendary Serbian coach who has won a Euroleague title with every team he coached in his career and who is also known for developing young player. Both coaches originate from Partizan.

He was never going to be one of those players who saw the money in the NBA abd left as soon as they got drafted without being ready. His career has always been about playing in the NBA for a few years. He idolized Kobe Bryant and loved watching the Spurs play because they play basketball the way it should be played (i.e. there is a lot of European type of basketball with the Spurs)

In short Phoenix, jumped at the shadow and got mad because he wanted to wait an extra year. Vlade saw an opportunity and jumped at it. He had some inside knowledge there and he played those cards right. Bogdan was ALWAYS going to play in the NBA its what he strived for since he was a kid.
I think the financial aspect played a big part too in not coming over last year so he wouldn't be tied to the NBA rookie deal for 4 years. Why come over when you could negotiate a really solid deal (9mil/year as opposed to what... 1.5?) as well as have a great chance to fulfill his Euro league dreams and aspirations? So even if he did flame out in the NBA, (he's not obviously) he'd already had made his money before heading back to Europe.

Are you factoring in the personality? I don't like his demeanor or temperament. There's some Boogie-like self-entitlement there that does NOT bode well for him.

And even if you overlook the abrasive personality he is still putting up terrible numbers in a fast-paced system designed to enable him to put up numbers.

If we are going to trade Skal this off-season the pending free agents we should be targeting are Rodney Hood and Julius Randle.

You want more nasty (like I do) ? Randle is your guy
I'd flip Skal for Randle pretty easily and I think that's a deal the Lakers would actually be interested in. They clearly (stupidly) don't believe he's apart of their future and won't want to pay him with their pursuit of 2 big FA's. Skal gives them a cost-controlled big for another 2 years that doesn't hamper their cap room, gives them an upside guy and they actually get something back for Randle.

Dude is just a flat awesome fit with our current core and fits well with the high-post Joerger offense. He's a great passer and he starts a lot of his sets from there anyway. And he's really upped his offensive game this year in all facets and is developing into a really good lead or 2nd option type. I think he's an all-star waiting to happen in the right situation and with the right minutes.

Fox
Bogdan/ Buddy
Doncic(Porter)
Randle
WCS

That's a core I'd believe could be a damn good playoff team. Works so nicely in the new NBA game and absolutely a TON of offensive upside. So much playmaking and passing ability from all 5 spots. Fill out the team with a bunch of P.J Tucker/Mbah a Moute types and we'd be cooking with fire.

I think the financial aspect played a big part too in not coming over last year so he wouldn't be tied to the NBA rookie deal for 4 years. Why come over when you could negotiate a really solid deal (9mil/year as opposed to what... 1.5?) as well as have a great chance to fulfill his Euro league dreams and aspirations? So even if he did flame out in the NBA, (he's not obviously) he'd already had made his money before heading back to Europe.
Absolutely correct! It quite possibly could have played a part in Phoenix willing to trade him that easily (and Booker of course).

It would be interesting to know if Spurs showed any interest in trading for him with Phoenix. No doubt Vlade knowing Bogdan and where he stood played a big part in Kings ability to get him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'd flip Skal for Randle pretty easily and I think that's a deal the Lakers would actually be interested in. They clearly (stupidly) don't believe he's apart of their future and won't want to pay him with their pursuit of 2 big FA's. Skal gives them a cost-controlled big for another 2 years that doesn't hamper their cap room, gives them an upside guy and they actually get something back for Randle.

Dude is just a flat awesome fit with our current core and fits well with the high-post Joerger offense. He's a great passer and he starts a lot of his sets from there anyway. And he's really upped his offensive game this year in all facets and is developing into a really good lead or 2nd option type. I think he's an all-star waiting to happen in the right situation and with the right minutes.

Fox
Bogdan/ Buddy
Doncic(Porter)
Randle
WCS

That's a core I'd believe could be a damn good playoff team. Works so nicely in the new NBA game and absolutely a TON of offensive upside. So much playmaking and passing ability from all 5 spots. Fill out the team with a bunch of P.J Tucker/Mbah a Moute types and we'd be cooking with fire.
Glad to see I'm not the only one to not understand why Randle is in Luke Walton's doghouse. Everytime I've seen him play this season, I've seen a vastly superior player to the tentative dude who sorta got ruined as a prospect by being stuck on a team with Zombie Kobe to start his career.

I think Randle is in the doghouse because he makes a lot of really stupid, really dumb, plays out there that make you scratch your head.

Love the guys motor and the way he plays but at the moment what Randle giveth, Randle taketh away.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Bingo!!!!

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Fox
Bogdan/ Buddy
Doncic(Porter)
Randle
WCS

I wouldn't trade Skal for Chriss, but I would trade him for Randle. I think Chriss has some talent, but I don't like his body language at times, and I don't think, at least right now, he's as much of a team player that I would like. On the other hand, I do think Randle is a team player, and while he doesn't fit the new image of a modern NBA PF, he is a very skilled player in the sense that he has good handles for a big man, he's a very good rebounder, something we need, and he's a very good passer. His weakness of course is his three pt shot where he's only shooting 25% for his career. But hey, Chriss is only shooting 29% from the three. Randle is superior in every other aspect of the game to Chriss. He's averaging more points, grabbing more rebounds and shooting a far better average overall. Randle 55%, Chriss 40%. I'm not trying to denigrate Chriss, I just happen to like Randle more. And hey, you can't have too many Kentucky players.:rolleyes:

I think Randle is in the doghouse because he makes a lot of really stupid, really dumb, plays out there that make you scratch your head.

Love the guys motor and the way he plays but at the moment what Randle giveth, Randle taketh away.
He does do some really bonehead stuff from time to time.

I watched Chriss at UW. He has the talent and can jump out of the gym. After DMC you would think the Kings could tolerate some attitude. I think we have learned that no attitiude is as bad as too much attitude. Chriss has plenty of offense for being a one year college player. He is a shot blocker and pretty physcial. Sure he needs a better attitude, but he is a competitor.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I watched Chriss at UW. He has the talent and can jump out of the gym. After DMC you would think the Kings could tolerate some attitude. I think we have learned that no attitiude is as bad as too much attitude. Chriss has plenty of offense for being a one year college player. He is a shot blocker and pretty physcial. Sure he needs a better attitude, but he is a competitor.
If your Michael Jordan, Anthony Davis, Lebron James, James Harden, Shaq, Cousins, etc. I'll put up with some attitude. But not if your Chriss. No freaking comparison. The dude has proved nothing yet, except that he can't hit an outside shot, and acts like he's entitled.