Woj: Kings let Bogi go

"While sign-and-trade deals may make sense in theory though, the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement makes them tricky in reality, particularly for elite free agents. Since the 2015 offseason, a total of four sign-and-trade deals have been completed, an average of just one per year.

The Knicks acquired Kyle O’Quinn in a 2015 sign-and-trade, while the Grizzlies and Bucks signed-and-traded for Troy Daniels and Matthew Dellavedova, respectively, in 2016. In 2017, the Clippers acquired Danilo Gallinari via sign-and-trade. No sign-and-trade deals were completed in 2018."

"Not only have sign-and-trades become rare, but the compensation for the player’s old team has been next to non-existent. The most valuable assets received in any of those four aforementioned sign-and-trade deals since 2015 have been distant second-round draft picks or cash."

"While sign-and-trade deals may make sense in theory though, the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement makes them tricky in reality, particularly for elite free agents. Since the 2015 offseason, a total of four sign-and-trade deals have been completed, an average of just one per year.

The Knicks acquired Kyle O’Quinn in a 2015 sign-and-trade, while the Grizzlies and Bucks signed-and-traded for Troy Daniels and Matthew Dellavedova, respectively, in 2016. In 2017, the Clippers acquired Danilo Gallinari via sign-and-trade. No sign-and-trade deals were completed in 2018."

"Not only have sign-and-trades become rare, but the compensation for the player’s old team has been next to non-existent. The most valuable assets received in any of those four aforementioned sign-and-trade deals since 2015 have been distant second-round draft picks or cash."
And TPE’s which can be used to take on salary dumps for assets like done by the Warriors. The team near by with a competent front office.

And TPE’s which can be used to take on salary dumps for assets like done by the Warriors. The team near by with a competent front office.
"For instance, when the Bucks acquired Dellavedova from the Cavaliers via sign-and-trade during the 2016 offseason, Milwaukee actually received an extra $200K from Cleveland in the swap. All the Cavs received in the deal were the draft rights to Albert Miralles, who was never expected to play in the NBA. The only reason the two teams turned it into a sign-and-trade deal was to create a trade exception for the Cavs, who actually had to pay the Bucks to make that happen."

he was hired September 17th. If he isn’t capable of doing obvious scenario planning in 2 months he is in over his head
The boat was already wrecked ashore. Now all he can do is try and salvage what he can. I accepted this when I saw how things played out last season because at the end of that swirling toilet bowl the only smart play was this one. That's why it was infuriating then because if you paid attention you knew where it would end up. The damage was already done and here we sit broken hearted. Again. Now at least though it seems for a brief moment someone is attacking this with common sense and not just hopes and dreams.

I voted match the offer - but am not too bothered we didn't. There isn't enough room on the team for both Bogi and Buddy and results from the past two seasons don't offer strong support for the pairing. It would have been good to get something back for Bogi - and it seems the front office tried to do so with the Milwaukie trade - but I guess that window was not open long enough for McNair.

For me - under coach Walton's system - Bogi was the slightly better player than Buddy. But in a system with more constraints Buddy's value jumps. Maybe - during a simple sit down - McNair tells Walton 'Buddy + <3 dribbles = bucket, Buddy + >3 dribbles = turnover' and presto, Buddy Buckets makes his return.
I'll post this again for those that didn't see it. They don't need to tell Buddy, he was telling them AND Walton last year. Waltons leash better be about the length of an arms reach to the dry erase board and when he's a bad boy, off to the pound.

https://clutchpoints.com/kings-news...-about-lack-of-catch-and-shoot-opportunities/

Will this get you off the ledge?

David Locke @Lockedonsports
According to @The_BBall_Index of 103 guards that played 1000 minutes Bogdan Bogdanovic 3pt% = C Pull up 3 pt% = D+ C&S 3pt% = C Perimeter Shooting = B Finishing Talent = D+ Isolation EFG% = B- Isolation Foul Drawing= D- Playmaking Talent = B- Offensive Reb = F Def Reb= C

Good points but in fairness they left out this part of the equation. Anything + Luke Walton(3.14555555) = Chicken salad into chicken ****. So don't be surprised if Bogdan looks a little better next year.

"For instance, when the Bucks acquired Dellavedova from the Cavaliers via sign-and-trade during the 2016 offseason, Milwaukee actually received an extra $200K from Cleveland in the swap. All the Cavs received in the deal were the draft rights to Albert Miralles, who was never expected to play in the NBA. The only reason the two teams turned it into a sign-and-trade deal was to create a trade exception for the Cavs, who actually had to pay the Bucks to make that happen."
Except in our case the Hawks would be motivated not to include the poison pills they now have to live with also. Getting a TPE was easy and you maybe get a second. It was second grader stuff and McNair failed in one of 2 key things he needed to get done.

the way this happened was an F either way. Whether you are pro flexibility or pro asset.

Kings went from potentially having a franchise changing talent (LUKA DONCIC) and a dam good team to a couple years later, a full rebuild. (again)

Looking in from the outside, its friggin hilarious how stupid this franchise is!

Take a step back and look at the teams that were at the kings level or worse when they chose bagley and where this team is now, and where those teams are now. Its kind of spectacular how bad the kings are in all aspects of building a team.

Last edited:
The boat was already wrecked ashore. Now all he can do is try and salvage what he can. I accepted this when I saw how things played out last season because at the end of that swirling toilet bowl the only smart play was this one. That's why it was infuriating then because if you paid attention you knew where it would end up. The damage was already done and here we sit broken hearted. Again. Now at least though it seems for a brief moment someone is attacking this with common sense and not just hopes and dreams.
Salvaging what you can should have meant getting a TPE at a minimum. McNair failed to even do that minimum. Pretty incompetent work but this fan base has a real competence in excusing incompetent work. Most of you did it with Vlade for years. No better time to start than the present.

Except in our case the Hawks would be motivated not to include the poison pills they now have to live with also. Getting a TPE was easy and you maybe get a second. It was second grader stuff and McNair failed in one of 2 key things he needed to get done.

the way this happened was an F either way. Whether you are pro flexibility or pro asset.
Ok you know we had a deal with MIL and there is a pretty high probability that ATL had something to do with torpedoing it, and yet you still think ATL would have done us some kind of favor when they didn't have to. I feel like you are being incredibly naive, not only as to how cut throat ATL was here but to the actual value of a TPE to a team that isn't deep into luxury tax territory.

According to @The_BBall_Index of 103 guards that played 1000 minutes Bogdan Bogdanovic 3pt% = C Pull up 3 pt% = D+ C&S 3pt% = C Perimeter Shooting = B Finishing Talent = D+ Isolation EFG% = B- Isolation Foul Drawing= D- Playmaking Talent = B- Offensive Reb = F Def Reb= C
This is likely what drove McNair’s decision. He had no emotional attachment to Bogie and likely looked at age, contract salary, and stats like this to make the call.

And what about this?
Guess he's been pretty lucky then

Ok you know we had a deal with MIL and there is a pretty high probability that ATL had something to do with torpedoing it, and yet you still think ATL would have done us some kind of favor when they didn't have to. I feel like you are being incredibly naive, not only as to how cut throat ATL was here but to the actual value of a TPE to a team that isn't deep into luxury tax territory.
Atlanta would be doing themselves a favor because the contract wouldn’t have included poison pills to thwart a match. The TPE helps you not have to match salaries and can be very valuable in the hands of a competent GM.

But I guess one has to go through such mental gymnastics to still justify being a kings fan. I sincerely wish you all the best even if I don’t expect it.

Salvaging what you can should have meant getting a TPE at a minimum. McNair failed to even do that minimum. Pretty incompetent work but this fan base has a real competence in excusing incompetent work. Most of you did it with Vlade for years. No better time to start than the present.
With where they are at I can let a TPE loss pass. 2nd rounder. eh... still probably have a stockpile of those in Vlades old desk laying around somewhere. Assets like that isn't the score right now, it's what they do with the assets they have. When they let Walton turn the SG spot into a ****show they had already lost the asset that was Bogdan Bogdanovic. Lets take a look back in time:

Here's what I posted Jan. 24th prior to the trade deadline:

"Now Bogdan has to do the Kings a big favor and show out. Same with Dedmon. It's the point now where it's all about doing whatever you can do to salvage some value out of this raging dumpster fire."

They didn't and even though they put together a nice little trade with the Bucks, it was the only shot out there and thanks to Atlanta it didn't go through.

Last edited:
Remember though you're mostly comparing the NBA to actual basketball, lol. The NBA game has never been this broken. Luckily for the Kings though it's broken in a way that their team should be able to excel in.

Considering how last year went losing more pieces from last year is probably ideal.
Yeah, cause going back winning around 25 games per season is better than winning between 35-40 right? Whatever.

You guys seemingly haven’t endured or had enough of 20 something win seasons the past 35 years. But I sure have.

29 teams don’t win a title each season. Which means you gotta find enjoyment in every high that comes along.

As a fan, if I have the choice between a 23 win season and a 35 win season and no playoffs — I choose the latter each and every time. Because it’s 12 more times I leave the arena or sit on my couch enjoying an adult beverage in very good spirits.

You guys can keep the 23 win seasons and still get the 7th pick in the lottery BS. I’ve had my fill.

As a point of reference, Richard Jefferson and Luke Walton are extremely close friends. This was probably intended to tweak Walton, rather than specifically intended to anger Kings fans.
May be right. But going back to his days with the Nets he was always getting in little digs at the Kings. Never cared for him.

I'm no social media genius, and I get the whole professional image thing, but you could always "like" tweets that give you a chuckle, or mention you etc. I mean, I would like those tweets for those reasons. If being a consummate professional just means a guy like Harrison Barnes who is happy sitting on big paychecks, being pretty passive AND inconsistent/not very valuable then I'll pass. The day Buddy stops working hard or yells at/threatens reporters or is actually a bad locker room presence is the day I'm more concerned - not when he likes a bunch of social media posts.