Who will be the Kings Alpha / Go To Scorer this Year?

Who will be the Kings Top Scorer this year?

• Marvin Bagley

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Bogdan Bogdanovic

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • De'Arron Fox

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Harry Giles

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Buddy Hield

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • Justin Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WCS

• ZBo

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Someone else, Who?

• Total voters

Kingster

Hall of Famer
What worries me about Bagley is that he was billed as a ready to contribute from day one scoring machine but in reality he is a complete project at this point. He's a basketball player whose never needed nor likely been asked to actually learn how to play basketball(has excelled on athleticism and effort to this point). Vlade essentially put all his chips in on Marvin Bagley the person moreso than the basketball player, because in terms of basketball players there were better ones on the board.
Actually, he wasn't. Doncic was always viewed as the "ready to contribute from day one" guy, not Bagley. If Divac were going for the immediate short term bump, he would have gone with Doncic.

It's pretty laughable what some of you have judged Bagley to be already.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some of you have jumped to conclusions already even though we aren't even in August yet, but I am surprised at the severity of some comments. Project? Come on you have to be intentionally ignorant or you have never watched someone play basketball before. The showdown with Ayton confirmed to me that Bagley is legit because there were quite a few moments in which Bagley looked like the better player. Only difference was he got injured and Ayton was spoon fed some easy buckets after that and padded his stats.

I know that my above comments doesn't matter to any of the folks that think Bagley is a project as their opinions have been cemented in stone, but I couldn't just let something as stupid as Bagley being a project go unchallenged.

Know what a project looks like? Papa, Hassan Whiteside (with the kings).. etc. That's a project. Not someone who averaged 21-11 in the ACC while playing for Duke.

Not to be difficult but I truly believe that the Alpha and the go-to scorer will be two different people.

I fully believe that De'aaron Fox has the clutch-gene and has no fear to take the last shot, (for 2). Yet, I do not believe he will be the team's leading scorer. I think that player will be Buddy Hield.

I believe we will have extremely balanced scoring like the team did last year. Last season, six players averaged double figures. Last years per 36 figures showed that Zach Randolph would average 20 ppg. I do not see Randolph getting 36 mpg. But Buddy Hield, who might get close to 36 mpg this season averaged 19 PPG per 36 minutes with fantastic splits of 45/43/87 indicating the man should get more shots and more minutes.

I believe buddy will average 20 PPG, Fox will be around 17 PPG, Bogdan will average around 15, and three or four players will average around 11 to 13. After that the numbers will drop tremendously.

TL;DR - Fox will be the alpha and the guy with the ball in his hands with the game on the line but Buddy Hield will be the leading scorer.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some of you have jumped to conclusions already even though we aren't even in August yet, but I am surprised at the severity of some comments. Project? Come on you have to be intentionally ignorant or you have never watched someone play basketball before. The showdown with Ayton confirmed to me that Bagley is legit because there were quite a few moments in which Bagley looked like the better player. Only difference was he got injured and Ayton was spoon fed some easy buckets after that and padded his stats.

I know that my above comments doesn't matter to any of the folks that think Bagley is a project as their opinions have been cemented in stone, but I couldn't just let something as stupid as Bagley being a project go unchallenged.

Know what a project looks like? Papa, Hassan Whiteside (with the kings).. etc. That's a project. Not someone who averaged 21-11 in the ACC while playing for Duke.
At this time last year Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum had already showed that they were standout talents with advanced skill sets. Marvin Bagley showed very little against non NBA players and a few rotation level players. It's fair game to question.

No, it shows Ayton was overrated too.

gunks

Hall of Famer

While I do think the term "project" has some negative connotations attached to it, I personally don't necessarily think it's a bad label, especially when we're talking about a raw rookie.

Bagley has a pretty limited skill set. That's fine. He's 19. Vlade drafted him over Luka (who has a very well rounded skill set to go along with his weaknesses athletically) because if Bagley's skills catch up to his athleticism, he's going to be a monster. Sounds like a project to me!

I think it's just as unfair to write off valid criticism of Bagley as it is to write off the kid himself. At this point the whole debate is silly.

But hey, silly debates are what message boards are for (especially in TDOS)!

Im actually glad he didnt play that much in SL. How many times do we hear of top 5 bigs getting season long injuries during pointless games? If it were up to me I would just tell him to focus on getting stronger and practice with the team. No rush

Marvin Bagley was the right choice in my opinion. It will not take him that long to contribute more at the power forward position than what we get from Willie and Skal. He has 20 and 10 written all over him. The man can jump out of the gym and has a big motor. He is a superior athlete even by NBA standards. He is still a kid and needs to learn how to compete with players at a whole new level. He will be up to the task, and you cannot extrapolate after watching 3 SL games. People sit around and wait 4 years for Willie to get it together, but Bagley is judged before he has even gone through one training camp. Ease up.