Who do you WANT the Kings to draft if we stay at 4?

Who do you WANT the Kings to select if we stay at 4?

• Shaedon Sharpe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeremy Sochan

• AJ Griffin

• Ousmane Dieng

• Tari Eason

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a slightly different question than the other thread, as I think it would be interesting to see who most fans want us to take should we stay at 4.

I assume Ivey or Murray will be the top choices but there may be some surprises. This poll will assume that Chet, Paolo and Jabari are off the board.

So, assuming the Kings stay put at 4, who is your top choice?

Staying at 4 i’m most comfortable selecting Ivey.
I’m big on Daniels followed by Murray but not at 4. Tough draft to call, as we all know any one of these guys could be best choice in hindsight.

didn't paid much attention to a coaching staff shake-up since brown arrived, so i'm asking: are we able to develop ivey into a star?
i voted for a murray, 3&D is something we desperately need to make fox and ox duo to work.

we gonna live with fox contract for next 2-3 seasons and i'm a bit afraid of possible fox-ivey collision on the floor.

but, in monte (draft choices) i trust

Given the "top-3" go the top 3... (I'm still holding out hope that Ivey goes 2nd and Chet Holmgren falls in our laps)

That leaves the Kings with 2 very safe choices;

Take Ivey and sell him to the highest bidder(aka Trade Down)... Which I think is the play for a long list of reasons...

If your talking stand pat at 4 ---- the guy is quite obviously, Keegan Murray...

Murray was fantastic this season.. The Kings could desperately use a player like that, he could start! He's the guy who allows the Kings to trade Harrison Barnes without it being a double-edged sword scenario..

This is my list as well:

1. Ivey
2. Murray
3. Mathurin
4. Daniels

People keep talking about Ivey and Fox - but I think Sabonis can facilitate for both of them. We’d actually have a team identity and then can hunt for 3 & D wings.

If we are talking purely basketball and finding a player to grow with us long term I would lean Murray. I think he is the type of player that is super valuable and can fit into a variety of team constructions.

I’ll always bet on high iq, high character and hard working players to meet or exceed expectations.
Respectfully disagree, probable BPA is Ivey, and not Murry

yeh we are just speculating at this point, only time will tell.
Well, pretty much every NBA mock expert is saying Ivey is BPA. Like it's only gotten more cemented as the draft has drawn closer. So, that said, if true the value is all Ivey right now. Pull Detroits bluff card. Draft him. Disconnect the phone. Check your voicemails. See if whoever took Murray called. Call them back and say nothing and let them bumble for a deal. Get Murray + goodies.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I've made my piece with Murray.

Fit seems great and he can have an impact right away with his shooting.

Hopefully Fox + Ox is enough oomph for us to pass on a higher ceiling guy like Ivey.

Well, pretty much every NBA mock expert is saying Ivey is BPA. Like it's only gotten more cemented as the draft has drawn closer. So, that said, if true the value is all Ivey right now. Pull Detroits bluff card. Draft him. Disconnect the phone. Check your voicemails. See if whoever took Murray called. Call them back and say nothing and let them bumble for a deal. Get Murray + goodies.
that’s a real possibility. I’m honestly good with whatever Monte does here. I certainly have my preference but if he drafts and keeps Ivey it won’t ruin my day like the 18 pick did.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I am not saying Monte is a draft god because I don't think he is, but there is a reason mock experts are on youtube or ESPN if they hit big time and NBA GMs are actually getting paid to do personnel evaluations. I think our own @bajaden puts in more time watching college ball than a lot of people with popular youtube channels and even some of the semi-pros working radio and light tv, and I am pretty sure he thinks Murray is the right pick for us, I'll quote his mock of us picking Murray and if he deems fit to join/correct me I'll gladly be wrong. I hope some day soon I can enjoy the good life of all the college hoops and cervezas I can handle.
On paper last season, Murray was the best player in college basketball. Of course when you watch a player play, the whole exercise becomes more subjective. You see the results, and then ask yourself, how much better can he become. That seems to be the stumbling point for Murray, and I'm not sure why. As I pointed out in another thread, Murray isn't flashy. He isn't demonstrative on the court. No flexing of his muscles or primal screams after a vicious dunk. He just heads back down the floor to play defense. On the other hand, a player like Ivey is very flashy and as a result, fun to watch. But being fun to watch doesn't always equal wins. Murray is one of those players that quietly goes about his business. He does all the dirty work and fills the holes that need filling.

I am not saying Monte is a draft god because I don't think he is, but there is a reason mock experts are on youtube or ESPN if they hit big time and NBA GMs are actually getting paid to do personnel evaluations. I think our own @bajaden puts in more time watching college ball than a lot of people with popular youtube channels and even some of the semi-pros working radio and light tv, and I am pretty sure he thinks Murray is the right pick for us, I'll quote his mock of us picking Murray and if he deems fit to join/correct me I'll gladly be wrong. I hope some day soon I can enjoy the good life of all the college hoops and cervezas I can handle.
But the thing to remember, some of these experts have legit connects to front offices. Sure, they could be being played and fed BS and Ivey could fall, who knows. Usually when that happens though there's a reason that most don't know.

I've already stated my opinion, I don't think Monte can go wrong with either Ivey or Murray. My thing is going most right. The Kings IMO can use either Ivey or Murray since both the SG and PF spot are decent at the moment, but talent wise and future wise in terms of certainty a relative wasteland.

Murray. We, quite literally, have no starting caliber PFs.
They also don't have anything locked in financially. The two glaring holes on the roster are at SG and PF. But which is more glaring? Donte wants to get paid and be a starter. This is someone who has started less than half of his games and is the definition of inconsistent. Do you really pay him? That's a major risk IMO. TD has shown his potential at times but he's on an ender. Trey Lyles isn't a great fit next to Domas but he did look pretty good as a start last season. Around 13 and 7 in 26 mpg. I think both spots are a wash TBH.

I mean, the Kings could theoretically do that, but Porter also has to want to sign here.
And depending on the price it's a danger zone. Porter has always been one of those effort guys. As in, his effort/impact wanes depending on the day. His 3 point shot is legit though.

Who do I want? Banchero.

But, realizing that we're not getting him at 4, nor are we going to gut our roster in order to move up to get him at 1, 2, or 3, I chose Ivey, but will be fine with Murray. Anyone else will most likely yield a low grade for the Kings' 2022 draft, especially in round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.