When will it end?

If I recall correctly, he asked us not to tender a QO because he didn't think there was PT available and he wanted to go somewhere he could play. We obliged him.

You really do want to do right by players, but I don't know if there's a lot of advantage to doing so.
Vlade made way too many of these moves to do a "Solid" for player under the Kings control. I was pretty mad that he let Curry go for nothing. I know that successful teams don't do what is "right" for the players, but what is best for the team.

The Kings was the ones that gave Seth Curry a chance by signing him and giving him PT to show what he had. He showed he could be a good bench player and the Kings had control of his contract, but Vlade chose to do him a solid and let him sign elsewhere. Even minor moves like that put the Kings at a disadvantage when we have a player that could contribute on a very low salary, but chose to let him find greener pastures elsewhere, without any compensation. Vlade also signed all these vets to huge contracts (which no other team would've given them) only to trade them a few month later at the trade deadline once they started sulking. The Kings were just being used year after year by these players.

I'm hoping that Monte will be far better at drafting, finding talent and doing what's best for the team going forward.

I know that Bogi had a nice stretch in the regular season after his injury timeout but in the playoff games I have watched he is either invisible or the worst guy on the floor.
Lets face facts, he might have a bit of a bum knee. Hopefully he can get that figured out at some point.

I missed the game but Trae was out and they still railed them? Couldn't believe it.
Yeah, even with Giannis out with injury I was still surprised ATL kept it up.

But then again I’ve said ATL goes as far as their supporting cast takes them. They came up big the final 5 minutes of GM1 and came up big again tonight.

Those are good numbers. But so what?

Have you been watching the playoffs? Bogie has little to nothing to do with ATL’s success. It can easily be argued they are carrying his dead weight. He’s not been good.

And again I’ll say — they are in the East. Transplant that same team to the West and Bogie is in the same situation he was in SAC.

As for Boogie — he really only saw more team success once he was a role player on an established top tier team. When he was in New Orleans he had the benefit of playing with another franchise level player. He would have seen the same or better success playing in SAC had AD joined him here.
My point isn't weather or not any of them play well in the playoffs. The point is that the season can be seen as a success for Bogdon; he significantly contributed to a good playoff team, and immediately went to the playoffs after leaving SAC. In hindsight it looks like all our guys leave and don't enjoy success until after they leave.

My point isn't weather or not any of them play well in the playoffs. The point is that the season can be seen as a success for Bogdon; he significantly contributed to a good playoff team, and immediately went to the playoffs after leaving SAC. In hindsight it looks like all our guys leave and don't enjoy success until after they leave.
Who has left and had some success?

IT
Malone
Bogi
Boogie
Gay

Am I missing anyone? I'm sure the list with little or no success is much longer.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
As others have pointed out, its a very short list. Boogie had his best seasons in Sacramento and IT had a very short 2 year peak in Boston and then is basically out of the league now. He played 48 minutes of NBA basketball last season and he's only 31 years old. Even if you go back to the previous era, CWebb, Doug Christie and Mike Bibby nosedived after leaving Sacramento. Peja, Kevin Martin, Gerald Wallace, and Hassan Whiteside had some success elsewhere but if you add up all the players who have come and gone in the last 20 years it's still a very small percentage of players who have left the Kings and then blown up elsewhere.

And in regards to Bogdan specifically, if he'd ever shot .473/.438/.909 over the course of a season in a Kings uniform he would still be playing for Sacramento. One season isn't much of a sample but even if he manages to keep up those shooting splits for the rest of his stay in Atlanta, did he ascend to another level in Atlanta or did he just land in a situation which suited him better? Atlanta has more shooters and better rebounders than we do and a significantly better head coach. I also think it's funny that you mention "making the playoffs" as evidence of a player's improvement when 20 teams made the playoffs this year so the odds are pretty good that leaving Sacramento will land you on a playoff team somewhere. Even in a normal year more teams make the playoffs than miss it.

But what we really should be talking about here -- an underrated storyline which is not getting nearly the coverage it deserves is that this last off-season started with Atlanta complaining to the league office that Milwaukee had illegally communicated with Bogdan before the free agency period began knowing that they would then be able to outbid anyone else once he hit the open market and here we are in the Eastern Conference Finals with Atlanta and Milwaukee squaring off in a hotly contested series where Bogdanovic ending up on Atlanta instead of Milwaukee may be the deciding factor.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Who has left and had some success?

IT
Malone
Bogi
Boogie
Gay

Am I missing anyone? I'm sure the list with little or no success is much longer.
Kings’ legends Langston Galloway and Frank Kaminsky are both key contributors to the Western Conference Champions. Some would say they rival CP3 in value to that team.

We should have kept Webber. Moved Miller to C with Webber playing his last couple years here with Bibby, Peja and Christie. We should have never let Hedo or Wallace get away either.

We would have been much more than a flash in the pan if we kept our talent like we should have and like other teams do.