What's your involvement in fantasy leagues?

What's your level of involvement in fantasy leagues?

• I derive inordinate amounts of joy from decontextualized numerical values.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I'm in a few leagues.

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • I'm in one league.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I don't do fantasy sports, but I don't have a problem with them.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I'm philosophically opposed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The thread title should be self-explanatory; I've been involved with an interesting discussion about this topic elsewhere, so I thought I'd shamelessly steal the idea and bring it home to ask the family.

The only fantasy league I don't really get involved with beyond ONE team is Baseball. I used to love it but can't get into it as much as I used to..
But the weekley lineup change thing weekly that yahoo does is great for Baseball...

I love Basketball too, but limit it to the Kingsfans leagues.

As for football.. Wow.. Cannot get enough. I have 8 teams.. I do different things when I pick teams to see whihc is the best way to draft. Than I use that info from the prev year to draft my Kingsfans leagues.. I take those the most seriously. I would love to play in a money league, but I don't know enough people, or know anyone IRL that is into money leagues.

I participate in ONE fatasy football league... but I have to admit to not giving it anywhere near the attention my league mates do.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm in two football and two basketball leagues every year. (Not counting the NFL pick-em league I also enjoy losing in.) I've actually been in as many as four NBA leagues in one season but it became way too time-consuming.

I participate in 5 fantasy football league, which include a money league. Also, I participate in 3 Pro Football Pick'em league, which includes a money league. I really went all out this year. I've never participated in so many leagues, however, I'm not complaining. I think I'm addicted to fantasy football.

As for basketball and baseball, I only participate in one league.

I'm not much of a fantasy stalwart outside of football. I can't figure out basketball for the life of me and baseball has never been an interest. For football, I always do the Kingsfans league, a public league, and another league with my co-workers at ESPN fantasy. I am one money league (the co-worker one). I am doing the pick em league with Kingsfans and the pickskin pick'em league against the Sports Guy at ESPN. I like to do a survivor league too, but no one around seems to be doing one this year and the public ones are boring.

i'm a fantasy bball junkie. Last year, I had 12 teams running on yahoo, 6 roto and 6 H2H. I actually did pretty well in the H2H leagues, my worst place finish was 5th, and came in no less than 3rd in the rest, 2nd in most of them and I won a public league...my roto league performance was much less impressive. At least I didn't drop out the top half in each league, but I didn't do better than third.

This year, I have 8 H2H and 4 roto. I think I'll be able to pull 'em all off :D but I won't be focused too much on the roto leagues...

I'm in 6 fantasy football leagues this year, including two money leagues, a couple of pick-em games, and as of 4:16 CDT, I'm in 4 fantasy BBall leagues (a number that will probably soon increase). I don't play fantasy baseball, and I have yet to be ensnared in a keeper fantasy football money league (something that might change next year), but that said, my involvement in fantasy sports is still somewhat engrossing...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I just use them to pick up chicks.

Disappointed you did not have my option above, so had to go wiht the few leagues one. There is a threshold beyond whihc they no longer are fun and become work. Especially if you do too many in one sport at one time where you lose all feel for any of your teams and get confused about who is on which of them etc. etc.

I always set out to do only one or two football/baseball leagues yet somehow always wind up in four apiece every year.

Sometimes extra if I'm doing a Football Plus league. That's not counting hockey/b-ball/pick-em/survival and the occansional nascar/soccer leagues.