What's with "STOP FINLEY"......

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why Finley? It goes back a long time and I cannot remember the details...

I do remember that it was HIS fault something happened, but the rest is a haze.

Most likely, Finley doesn't want me to remember.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
VF21 said:

LOL

If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Slim started blaming Finley for something. And, you know with Mr. Slim, things can just take off on their own.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You're right. And I think - THINK - it might have had something to do with Slim missing a prediction because Finley blocked a shot or something...

Or it could have been just about anything else.

;)

or it could have been that we were so busy guarding Nash & No wit ski that Finley kept getting left open and hit the shots..

5/4/2002 Arco Arena, Sacramento, Ca
PLAYER POS MIN FGM-A 3GM-A FTM-A OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS PTS
MICHAEL FINLEY G 45 8-19 1-4 4-5 1 4 5 2 1 1 2 1 21

5/9/2002 AmericanAirlines Center, Dallas, TX
PLAYER POS MIN FGM-A 3GM-A FTM-A OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS PTS
MICHAEL FINLEY G 47 13-23 1-3 10-11 2 2 4 5 3 1 0 0 37

sorry, finley made me look that up...

and it should be noted..
Kings 108, Mavericks 91

Mavericks 119, Kings 125

and that we won that series...

Last edited:
I just want to know how
finley got to know Doug Ose, the City Council , developers in natomas and still managed to play this year. All the while conjuring up the mojo whammy on
bjax, b-52 and now guero peja.

Finley used to continually kill us w/the 3. Much like Van Exel. Clutch. We'd double on anyone and they'be open in the corner or outside the arc. Ouch. I love Peja , I just got Beck's new cd, that's all. I'm a guero anyway...

Last edited:
Recently, I've been tempted to emphatically say, 'Stop Finley!', whenever our esteemed elder statesman has one of his increasingly ubiquitous 3-13 shooting nights...

6th said:
Well, the thread took on a mind of its own. We not only blamed Finley when the Kings played poorly...or lost, we blamed him for EVERYTHING. By that I even mean things like wars, world hunger, and you name it. It got to be so :D
god, ya almost killed me with that one... world hunger??? blame finley!!! hilarious!!!
oh, and...

STOP FINLEY!

Lurknomo said:
I just want to know how
finley got to know Doug Ose, the City Council , developers in natomas and still managed to play this year. All the while conjuring up the mojo whammy on
bjax, b-52 and now guero peja.
"Blondie" Peja?? :D

VF21 said:

It all started in 2003, the year we lost to Dallas in the playoffs.

I'm not sure exactly why Slim was blaming Finley for (I'm sure he'll fill us in when he gets a chance), but he started the "Blame Finley" thread, which soon took on a life of its own.

Even though the thread was closed down a couple months (and several hundred posts) later, it has stayed with us down to this day.

So blame Finley for Slim starting the "Blame Finley" thread. It's all his fault.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Superman said:
It all started in 2003, the year we lost to Dallas in the playoffs.

I'm not sure exactly why Slim was blaming Finley for (I'm sure he'll fill us in when he gets a chance), but he started the "Blame Finley" thread, which soon took on a life of its own.

Even though the thread was closed down a couple months (and several hundred posts) later, it has stayed with us down to this day.

So blame Finley for Slim starting the "Blame Finley" thread. It's all his fault.
That's about right; as the original innovator of +1 threads (before I retired myself from the practice), I am responsible for the "Blame Finley" phenomenon, which I actually stole from something that was going on in the WWE at the time. And we'd just lost a game where Finley hit four or five big shots down the stretch, so I decided to take the same running gag concept that we'd been using for the WWE at the time, bring it to KingsFans, and apply it to Finley. Since it was TDOS, it took off like wildfire, and even after I requested that the thread be locked, the gag turned out to be too popular to let die. And, nearly two years later, it remains as the longest running gag on the board.

Just another thing that sets KingsFans apart...

wow the whole stop finley thing is HILARIOUS!!!! I think i will have to join in too. thanks for telling the story 6th becuase if you didnt, i wouldnt have any idea what it was and then i wouldnt be laughing as hard as i am now. THANKS!!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
mikebibby1034 said:
wow the whole stop finley thing is HILARIOUS!!!! I think i will have to join in too. thanks for telling the story 6th becuase if you didnt, i wouldnt have any idea what it was and then i wouldnt be laughing as hard as i am now. THANKS!!!
You are most welcome. Telling the story brought back lots of laughs for me too. :D

bojan_pecanac said:
I still don't get it, isn't Finley already... stopped?
Depends how you define stopped?! I had to mow my lawn today and now I am exhausted and have a headache. Pretty sure it is Finley's fault.

blame finley has a better ring IMO,

i'm anti finley, that still counts :D

why did my car get broken into??? FINLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!