What should the kings 2010 roster look like.

I would correct your lineup by saying that Miller at the 5...sometimes. I think we're going to see a lot more Hawes this next year.

I agree with you, we will see Brad and Hawes rotating at the 4 and 5.

On a side note, has anyone heard anything about SAR. Does anyone think that he will be able to contribute in any way next year, or will he be on the end of the bench next Kenny the entire year?

This is my prediction or should i say god willing dream lol.

1. Deron Williams / quick guard TBA
2. Martin / Strong guard (draft pick) TBA
3. Lebron / Cisco
4. Hawes / athletic pf or if Sheldon pans out
4. JaValee Mcgee / vet big TBA

Depending on if by the graces of our lord that the Kings manage to sign James if not then maybe this combo with some draft picks and trades that fall into place well.

1. Deron Williams / Beno
2. Martin / Cisco OR if somehow josh howard or Corey Maggete are available then any one of the 3 can get mins in at the 3 replacing John Salmons.
3. Artest / Salmons
4. JaValee Mcgee / TBD
5. Hawes / TBD

Last edited:
Great topic. I see 2010 as the year that "the slate is officially wiped clean" and the Kings start building a true contender...and stop managing a downward spiral. I'm really looking forward to the summer of '10.

One thing though, I'm trying to not build up my expectations. I'll say this now...my gut feeling is that the big 2010 Free Agents: LeBron, D-Wade, et al, will not be coming to Sacramento, no matter what price. If these "franchise players" do switch teams, I'm sure that their first preference will be a cornerstone team like New York/LA/Boston/Chicago and not a "small-market" team like Sacto.

But that doesn't mean that we can't build a formidable team. If I were GM, and the players were available, I'd construct a team like this:

PG: Pass-First PG
- Backup PG: Combo Guard/Defender

SG: Kevin Martin (I can see him playing a N.O.-like Peja role with a little more athleticism).

SF: Defensive Stopper/Passer (Think Good Cisco)
- Backup SF: Roleplayer/Shooter...Defensive stopper or spot-up shooter like Kapono to get us out of scoring deficits

PF: Dominant Scorer/Rebounder
(I don't think we'll ever get another passer like Webber, but a go-to guy would be great)

C: Shot Blocker/Rebounder
- Backup: Hawes bringing more offense/passing (I don't see him as a star, but a great asset off the bench if he develops)

Of course you can intertwine these things, but that's what I'd shoot for...a solid 8-man rotation, and a few more roleplayers off the bench.

I see our biggest deficiencies as passing, defensive intensity, and toughness. From now on, every player we draft/acquire/trade for should have these traits, along with the typical Petrie-Jumpshot. Getting this kind of lineup will be tough, but if we can acquire these players piece by piece, we just might get there...by 2012.:cool: