What players under 25 would you like on the Kings?

But the issue is, is “imprint” correctable or assisgnable to youth. Not playing great every game is. Trae Young isn’t coming out going unheard of, Kyrie probably didn’t etc.

The first 1.5 months he looked like a potential star. I’d hate to see that not achieved due to motor. That’s the worry. Motor is the difference between star and just good, and it impacts the team’s ceiling a lot

I still hold out hope dude just can’t go 82 physically for whatever reason
Curious what pg's 25 and younger you would rather have than Fox.

My under 25 pg rank.
Simmons
Luka
De'Aaron
D'Angelo
Jamal Murray
Tre
Rozier

I could easily be convinced to put De'Aaron #1

But the issue is, is “imprint” correctable or assisgnable to youth. Not playing great every game is. Trae Young isn’t coming out going unheard of, Kyrie probably didn’t etc.

The first 1.5 months he looked like a potential star. I’d hate to see that not achieved due to motor. That’s the worry. Motor is the difference between star and just good, and it impacts the team’s ceiling a lot

I still hold out hope dude just can’t go 82 physically for whatever reason
I do think Fox has consistency and passivity problems. I don't want to say he has motor issues, but it's clear that most of our players have checked out for some time now. Fox has a lot on his shoulders and I think we just need to be patient with him. If these problems persist next season, then it would be something to be concerned about. Right now? I wouldn't be too focused on it. He's 21 yearsold in his 2nd season putting up 17-7 improving his all around game. I do agree that Fox plays such a big role on the future of this team. He's also not a Trae Young type of player who can carry his team for a full 48mins..that's just not who he is. We shouldn't be disappointed that he can't do that... it just speaks to how special Trae is.

Curious what pg's 25 and younger you would rather have than Fox.
Not the person you asked, but here's my rankings of PGs under 25.
1. Doncic
2. Simmons (very hard between him and Doncic, but his lack of shooting and scoring aggression knocks him down)
3. Young
4. Fox
5. Russell

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Imo theres a big difference between a Point GUARD and point FORWARD but that's just me..
It's an interesting distinction to make.

In the case of Luka, he's mostly been listed at PG despite starting next to an actual PG listed at SG in Brunson while primarily defending slower wings or smaller big men. He gets the ball more than a lot of PGs but if we're calling Luka (and an argument can be made that Simmons is in the same boat with Reddick and Butler guarding PGs and SGs respectively) a PG then Giannis and Lebron wind up in the same boat despite both guys also being 4-3 swings in pretty much every sense of the word. In my opinion, you can figure out a guy's position from who he's guarding on defense which would make De'Aaron and Russell point guards, Luka and Ben Simmons forwards, and Trae absolutely no one because he's been atrocious on defense for most of the season.

His offense is opened up immensely because guys are afraid of / cannot physically guard him. I’m not taking away what he does. Because what he does he does immensely well, but if the league was played in a 100% evenly reffed vacuum he wouldn’t be the same player he is today.
Exactly a very good player made unstoppable cause guys are scared to guard him. He’ll imagine Fox getting those calls dude would average 25+ as well

point guards, point forwards, call them playmakers. if we change the question to which playmakers under 25 one would like, I think we get right to the spirit of the question without getting bogged down in position beraucracy.

You have a very interesting definition of the word PG
Point guards are players who bring the ball up and run their team's offense. That's exactly what all of those names do. What would you call Ben Simmons? A PF? Giannis is someone who I would call a point-forward and Power forward because he doesn't bring their ball up and he doesn't set up their offense. That's Bledsoe.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Point guards are players who bring the ball up and run their team's offense. That's exactly what all of those names do. What would you call Ben Simmons? A PF? Giannis is someone who I would call a point-forward and Power forward because he doesn't bring their ball up and he doesn't set up their offense. That's Bledsoe.
By that definition, were MJ, Kobe, hell, Larry Bird PGs then?

Point guards are players who bring the ball up and run their team's offense. That's exactly what all of those names do.
By that definition, were MJ, Kobe, hell, Larry Bird PGs then?
I bet Chris Paul would argue that he's the Rockets PG and not James Harden.

It's common for a SG/SF to handle the ball and initiate an offense -- especially during important possessions or when spelling a true PG. That doesn't make them PG's.

The rule of thumb used to be the position the player guarded is the position they played.

Steph Curry typically guards other PG's -- so he's a PG. Same goes for De'Aaron Fox. But #77 doesn't defend PG's therefore he's not really a PG. He's a wing that just happens to initiate the offense a lot -- just like James Harden and Giannis and Paul George.

"The grass isn't always greener on the other side"

is a colloquialism that seems to have flown over many heads here..

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH.

point guards, point forwards, call them playmakers. if we change the question to which playmakers under 25 one would like, I think we get right to the spirit of the question without getting bogged down in position beraucracy.
Such the diplomat. Didn’t you start out criticizing Fox last year and some of us had to defend you? :)

Such the diplomat. Didn’t you start out criticizing Fox last year and some of us had to defend you? :)
did I? maybe you are thinking mrkipro? I was actually curious what I said about Fox and the first two posts that I found referencing Fox are these from January 2018, the second one being a response to you!

He is doing as well as can be expected from such a young player at PG. There are many facets of playing this position and he is working on figuring it all out.. I think he is getting a handle of where his limits (physically/athletically) are NOT and is beginning to understand where he actually fits across all the NBA players in that respect, ie the top. I expect him to become better and better at using his athleticism to create shots for himself and to put pressure on opposing guards on defense. Figuring out how to actually run a team will come with time...

I think Buddy was complaining to Fox after one of those drives if I read their discussion properly. But I think Fox is getting better, less tunnel vision....

did I? maybe you are thinking mrkipro? I was actually curious what I said about Fox and the first two posts that I found referencing Fox are these from January 2018, the second one being a response to you!

He is doing as well as can be expected from such a young player at PG. There are many facets of playing this position and he is working on figuring it all out.. I think he is getting a handle of where his limits (physically/athletically) are NOT and is beginning to understand where he actually fits across all the NBA players in that respect, ie the top. I expect him to become better and better at using his athleticism to create shots for himself and to put pressure on opposing guards on defense. Figuring out how to actually run a team will come with time...

I think Buddy was complaining to Fox after one of those drives if I read their discussion properly. But I think Fox is getting better, less tunnel vision....
Haha. Perhaps I did think Mrkipro.