[Game] Kings v. Rockets - Tuesday, April 2 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell it's getting towards the end of the season with only 3 pages worth of comments.....Looks like most fans have checked out until next season, and I'm about ready to do the same.........
Their play has been uninspiring. I'm overall happy with the season, but disappointed with the effort down the stretch. I'd rather not get on here and complain.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I'm all for keeping Corey Brewer for another year. If the Kings get to a point where we can't use a player like that on the 15-man roster that means we're in good hands.

The question is whether or not other teams are watching him. He might have some teams interested after his stint in Sacramento.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Turned on the game when I saw Swanigan was getting a minute... dude is massive. And probably not good massive. His flying knee looked like a WWE finisher. And I wish we would have kept Skal.
#analysis

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Turned on the game when I saw Swanigan was getting a minute... dude is massive. And probably not good massive. His flying knee looked like a WWE finisher. And I wish we would have kept Skal.
#analysis
Yeah, it looks like he's put on some weight since coming to Sacramento.

At the same time, it's not like Skal is tearing it up on a Portland team that is suddenly low on big men.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Poor play, poor coaching, poor refereeing, and poor TV reception. WCS couldn't even play act like he was interested in this game. Apparently, Giles wasn't the only one shut down for the rest of the season.

If you are not watching the game, how on earth do you justify a take like that.

Part of his problem doesnt show up on the stat sheet. Non-calls have been a problem for Fox today.
Sounds like an excuse. It’s a reoccurent pattern.

I don’t know why folks think it’s a joke to discuss “imprint”. Yes, the year has been good (although he always had talent). Yes he will be a good/solid starting guard. But it’s an issue that deals with one of the teams top talents.

Is it better to just go with the flow and accept it? I guess for most but me and a couple others

I don’t know why folks think it’s a joke to discuss “imprint”. Yes, the year has been good (although he always had talent). Yes he will be a good/solid starting guard. But it’s an issue that deals with one of the teams top talents.

Is it better to just go with the flow and accept it? I guess for most but me and a couple others
A SECOND YEAR PG and you expect what? A 7 year veteran top 2 at the position? Dude you are crazy. Dont have kids man. They will only disappoint you.

It's like you're the new old version Piksi. I really can't tell if you actually support any players on this team. I mean I guess a decade plus of watching losing basketball would sour any good soul.

It's like you're the new old version Piksi. I really can't tell if you actually support any players on this team. I mean I guess a decade plus of watching losing basketball would sour any good soul.
Piksi! Still slamming their head on a computer keyboard somewhere, I hope.

How does one justify being a Harden fan dudes a complete joke. You’re not allowed to guard him and if you get close it’s a fouls or he’s lowering his shoulder on you. Players are literally scared to defend him
James Harden is one of the best guards you'll ever see in your lifetime, all these other SG's around the NBA are just lesser versions of James Harden, Buddy and Bogdan Included.... He can do everything all these other guys can, and he can slide to PG and lead the league in assists...

This place who crowned Doncic before he stepped in the NBA hates on Harden, who's way better???? I dont get it... Harden does everything that Doncic does, but better and with his left hand..

People don't like Harden because he's not on their team. End of story.

If you subtract every FT Harden's made this year from his totals he's still scoring more per game than KD...

I don’t think the team has given up and I am sure they would love to win out.
Living where the game starts after 10 and having to get up for work I decided to turn it off at half time and get some sleep.
I truly think that they are paid a pretty good amount of money to put effort in every game but I also weigh in the human let down factor also. The guys have given us a very good season and hope for what’s still to come.

Now I got to see WCS show us his jumper and I can see why nobody guards him away from the basket. Maybe he works all off season and comes back with a decent jumper? LOL

Buddy made a total of 1 feild goal in the last 21 minutes of action in this game, while we're getting dumptrucked...

If this guy is our best player, or anywhere close. where was he when we needed him most???

Anyone paying attention in that 3rd q can see that Houston is basically clowning and embarassing us out there, and you can damn sure see that Fox and Marvin were gonna respond with all the effort they could muster, which happened.... as this is going on the whole time i'm thinking "where is 26 year old, self-proclaimed leader, Buddy?!?!?!?!"

Entity

Hall of Famer
James Harden is one of the best guards you'll ever see in your lifetime, all these other SG's around the NBA are just lesser versions of James Harden, Buddy and Bogdan Included.... He can do everything all these other guys can, and he can slide to PG and lead the league in assists...

This place who crowned Doncic before he stepped in the NBA hates on Harden, who's way better???? I dont get it... Harden does everything that Doncic does, but better and with his left hand..

If you subtract every FT Harden's made this year from his totals he's still scoring more per game than KD...
James Harden has attempted 10 or more FT in a game 37 times this season. Russell Westbrook has attempted 10 or more ten times. Is Harden good? yes he is awesome. Should he be getting enough calls to attempt 27 FT's in a game? No. He is not playing basketball, he is playing how often can i get a foul call

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Harden is a great player made elite by how he and the refs play the game.

This entire league is shifty as hell when it comes to refs... if every player was treated equal (as it should be) the dynamics of EVERYTHING would be so different.

Harden is a great player made elite by how he and the refs play the game.

This entire league is shifty as hell when it comes to refs... if every player was treated equal (as it should be) the dynamics of EVERYTHING would be so different.
NOT TRUE is almost 27ppg not elite????? It is... top-10 scorer... and thats what Harden scores when u subtract every single free throw he's taken this season!!! Really pretty amazing when u think about it... Hence why I said in the first place im glad Grant didnt seem to want to entertain this running Harden/FT conversation with Doug, because it's really something thats very stale when ur talking this season in particular....

James Harden is elite because he's elite... the last game we played them Marvin tried to post him up and got completely stonewalled...

and listen we all see Fox, he doesn't get the same calls. That isn't James Harden's fault, thats the refs fault...

It’s not about whether I personally support him, it’s an issue.

Games he just doesn’t show up or is a ghost IMO. And IMO the majority of folks know what I’m talking about. That’s totally different than not playing well (which he’s entitled, especially as a sophomore nba player)

Since he’s the team’s top two prospects the issue is important in determining how high the team’s ceiling is.

I’m just a little curious why there hasn’t been even a peep of discussion on it.

People don't like Harden because he's not on their team. End of story..
Wrong. I recognize that he’s a tremendous offensive player, one of the best shooting/combo guards we’ll ever have in the NBA. Doncic shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath.
But why do I dislike him?
1. His iso after iso game is predictable and boring. Yes, it’s effective. For now. But that doesn’t make it less predictable and boring.
2. He cries every time he’s touched. He’s learned to play the refs like a sad violin. That sucks, unless you think the NBA is a non-contact sport.
3. If he wins a championship, his game will be emulated by many. And the NBA will be predictable and boring.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It’s not about whether I personally support him, it’s an issue.

Games he just doesn’t show up or is a ghost IMO. And IMO the majority of folks know what I’m talking about. That’s totally different than not playing well (which he’s entitled, especially as a sophomore nba player)

Since he’s the team’s top two prospects the issue is important in determining how high the team’s ceiling is.

I’m just a little curious why there hasn’t been even a peep of discussion on it.
Because he’s a PG (a very difficult position) who has improved by leaps and bounds in every single area of the game in only his second season, at age 21. You’re the only one bringing it up because there is very little to worry about Fox right now.

Imagine if Fox got free throws every time he was breathed on like Mr Harden? Imprint all day every day.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
NOT TRUE is almost 27ppg not elite????? It is... top-10 scorer... and thats what Harden scores when u subtract every single free throw he's taken this season!!! Really pretty amazing when u think about it... Hence why I said in the first place im glad Grant didnt seem to want to entertain this running Harden/FT conversation with Doug, because it's really something thats very stale when ur talking this season in particular....

James Harden is elite because he's elite... the last game we played them Marvin tried to post him up and got completely stonewalled...

and listen we all see Fox, he doesn't get the same calls. That isn't James Harden's fault, thats the refs fault...
His offense is opened up immensely because guys are afraid of / cannot physically guard him. I’m not taking away what he does. Because what he does he does immensely well, but if the league was played in a 100% evenly reffed vacuum he wouldn’t be the same player he is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.