What is the #1 Need for the Kings?

I think the Buddy/Bagley for Beal trade is good food for thought. The biggest issues i see with the kings are:

1) boneheaded plays on the perimeter offensively and defensively (usually by Buddy)

2) no ability to stabilize the offense when things get shaky (inless you give the ball to fox)

3) difficulty rebounding the ball in critical moments.

Beal addresses 2/3 of those issues. He will be a profoundly stabilizing force on the offense. He doesnt make boneheaded plays and can actually dribble the ball and isnt leaving you scratching your head with equal frequency as you raising your fist in celebration.

While i would love to see what bagley turns into, i doubt he can remain healthy enough to be reliable or get significantly better. If he does, thats great for him, but can the kings waste opportunity with Fox to wait and see? I'd rather run with beal and fox backed bogie and joseph.

I think to make the numbers work, wiz may need to put in Rui Hachimura or Jerome Robinson (preferred Hachimura who would be redundant with Bagley). With Hachimura you wont lose too much in rebounding and he seems more steady (though definitely not the upside) than bagley.

It is risky move for Washington so im not sure they do that without a draft pick but they get 2 young players with huge upside and eliminate the tensions between Wall and Beal and dont run the risk of turmoil in their lockerroom with a guy they are paying $40M and cant move.

Im sure Kings can bring back Bazemore on a significant discount for what they were paying him (probably around $10-12M/yr) which lets you throw $15M at Bogie. Bring back Len for $4M (what he is getting now) and that puts you still with $4M below the cap and the MLE ($9.7M). Id try to throw that to pull Montrezl Harrell or Marcus Morris from LAC (preferably Morris as he fits with any of the kings remaining big men on the court and can stretch the court as well as Bjelli). Then bring back yogi as your deep bench PG.

Fox/Joseph/Yogi
Beal/Bogi/James
Barnes/Bazemore/Bogi/James
Morris/Bjelica/Hachimura/Parker
Holmes/Len/Parker

Strong offensively and reasonable defensively (certainly better than they were this year). They have better shooting from the perimeter (Morris>>than Bagley and Beal>Buddy) and they have higher basketball IQ at all positions. They are also far tougher with Morris and Beal than buddy and Bagley. I feel Morris (who has had a chip aince he ca and his brother came into the league) brings intensity that Bagley just lacks and Buddy doesn't seem to care about winning as much as he cares about getting his. Fox and Beal only care about winning as does Morris and i think they would make an excellent Big "2.5/3". Also you have flexibility with trading Bjelli, Parker or Hachimura at the break without significant loss.

Imagine what running a lineup with Fox/Beal/Barnes/Bjelli/Morris could do for spacing and shooting. All with no repeatedly bonehead plays. Fox could run wild and the ball movement for shooters like beal and Bjellinwould be awesome.

Last edited:
I think the Buddy/Bagley for Beal trade is good food for thought. The biggest issues i see with the kings are:

1) boneheaded plays on the perimeter offensively and defensively (usually by Buddy)

2) no ability to stabilize the offense when things get shaky (inless you give the ball to fox)

3) difficulty rebounding the ball in critical moments.

Beal addresses 2/3 of those issues. He will be a profoundly stabilizing force on the offense. He doesnt make boneheaded plays and can actually dribble the ball and isnt leaving you scratching your head with equal frequency as you raising your fist in celebration.

While i would love to see what bagley turns into, i doubt he can remain healthy enough to be reliable or get significantly better. If he does, thats great for him, but can the kings waste opportunity with Fox to wait and see? I'd rather run with beal and fox backed bogie and joseph.

I think to make the numbers work, wiz may need to put in Rui Hachimura or Jerome Robinson (preferred Hachimura who would be redundant with Bagley). With Hachimura you wont lose too much in rebounding and he seems more steady (though definitely not the upside) than bagley.

It is risky move for Washington so im not sure they do that without a draft pick but they get 2 young players with huge upside and eliminate the tensions between Wall and Beal and dont run the risk of turmoil in their lockerroom with a guy they are paying $40M and cant move.

Im sure Kings can bring back Bazemore on a significant discount for what they were paying him (probably around $10-12M/yr) which lets you throw $15M at Bogie. Bring back Len for $4M (what he is getting now) and that puts you still with $4M below the cap and the MLE ($9.7M). Id try to throw that to pull Montrezl Harrell or Marcus Morris from LAC (preferably Morris as he fits with any of the kings remaining big men on the court and can stretch the court as well as Bjelli). Then bring back yogi as your deep bench PG.

Fox/Joseph/Yogi
Beal/Bogi/James
Barnes/Bazemore/Bogi/James
Morris/Bjelica/Hachimura/Parker
Holmes/Len/Parker

Strong offensively and reasonable defensively (certainly better than they were this year). They have better shooting from the perimeter (Morris>>than Bagley and Beal>Buddy) and they have higher basketball IQ at all positions. They are also far tougher with Morris and Beal than buddy and Bagley. I feel Morris (who has had a chip aince he ca and his brother came into the league) brings intensity that Bagley just lacks and Buddy doesn't seem to care about winning as much as he cares about getting his. Fox and Beal only care about winning as does Morris and i think they would make an excellent Big "2.5/3". Also you have flexibility with trading Bjelli, Parker or Hachimura at the break without significant loss.

Imagine what running a lineup with Fox/Beal/Barnes/Bjelli/Morris could do for spacing and shooting. All with no repeatedly bonehead plays. Fox could run wild and the ball movement for shooters like beal and Bjellinwould be awesome.
Beal is going to LA or Dallas when his contract is up that’s if he isn’t traded to Miami first.

And if the Morris you have starting if one of the Morris’s from LA I’ll be skipping every Kong’s game till there gone

Last edited:
Beal is going to LA or Dallas when his contract is up that’s if he isn’t traded to Miami first.

And if the Morris you have starting if one of the Morris’s from LA I’ll be skipping every Kong’s game till there gone
Beal is under contract until 2022 with a player option of $37M for 2022-2023 so I dont think he will go anywhere for at least 2-3 years unless traded and Miami is unlikely to trade anything that Washington would want for him. Why would they blowup a team that is in the Eastern Conference finals and has a large volume of young talent rather than make adjustments? To get him they would need to give up at least 2/3 of Kendrick Nunn, Tyler Hero, Bam Adebayo and at least 1 or 2 1st rounders which isnt likely and the numbers wont line up without Iguadala's albatross of a contract which pays him $15M/yr for the next 2 years.

As for the Morris brothers, they are both in LA (one on clippers and one on lakers). Marcus (on the clippers: who i suggested) is averaging 16pts and 5reb on the year and shooting 40% from 3pt range this year and has shot a very solid 36% for his career. I think he is worth $10-12M for the Kings who dont have a single big with those numbers and it will be hard to find a starting caliber stretch 4 who can play tough nose small ball 5 with those numbers at that price. Currently he is making $15M which is a bit of an overpay i think, but 10-12M is reasonable.

Beal is under contract until 2022 with a player option of $37M for 2022-2023 so I dont think he will go anywhere for at least 2-3 years unless traded and Miami is unlikely to trade anything that Washington would want for him. Why would they blowup a team that is in the Eastern Conference finals and has a large volume of young talent rather than make adjustments? To get him they would need to give up at least 2/3 of Kendrick Nunn, Tyler Hero, Bam Adebayo and at least 1 or 2 1st rounders which isnt likely and the numbers wont line up without Iguadala's albatross of a contract which pays him $15M/yr for the next 2 years.

As for the Morris brothers, they are both in LA (one on clippers and one on lakers). Marcus (on the clippers: who i suggested) is averaging 16pts and 5reb on the year and shooting 40% from 3pt range this year and has shot a very solid 36% for his career. I think he is worth $10-12M for the Kings who dont have a single big with those numbers and it will be hard to find a starting caliber stretch 4 who can play tough nose small ball 5 with those numbers at that price. Currently he is making $15M which is a bit of an overpay i think, but 10-12M is reasonable.
If we trade Buddy/Bagley for Beal we have to make the playoffs or he’s going to LA to play with Davis no matter what we offer him. He’s really not worth the risk cause I don’t see ya making the playoffs with him or at the best we’d be a 6th seed and that’s not enough to keep him from LA to team with AD. Washington has said they won’t trade him this season so it’s best offseason or at the deadline so we’d have one year with him. Also for us to beat a Nunn/Herro/Duncan offer we’d have to see a jump from Bagley this year and he’d actually have to play games.

Best bet for me would be to swing a 3 way deal next summer to get Embiid, Philadelphia gets Beal/Buddy/Bagley, and Washington gets out 2021 1st (top 8) and 12 from this year. This is after Philadelphia loses in the second again and Washington fails to reach the playoffs

The one on the clippers is the one I for sure wouldn’t support dudes a total punk atleast Marcus just plays basketball. And Markieff on this team will be a chicken with nobody to real him in, he knows it’s kawhi/PG team he’s not gonna do the same to Fox

My hope is the new Kings GM would build up his own version of Nunn/Herro/Duncan. These three were undrafted (Nunn/Duncan) and a mid-first round pick (Herro). If the new GM can build a solid team with the draft and trades then a trade for an Alpha is possible.

Petrie did it with Webber and with Artest. The Heat did it with Butler. So it is possible to build a team with the draft and trades. IMO that is the path the new KIngs GM will need to take.

dude12

Hall of Famer
My hope is the new Kings GM would build up his own version of Nunn/Herro/Duncan. These three were undrafted (Nunn/Duncan) and a mid-first round pick (Herro). If the new GM can build a solid team with the draft and trades then a trade for an Alpha is possible.

Petrie did it with Webber and with Artest. The Heat did it with Butler. So it is possible to build a team with the draft and trades. IMO that is the path the new KIngs GM will need to take.
Absolutely. It should be high, high priority. We can bring someone to run ”the process”, but then you have to be able to identify talent or you are waiting for the no-brainer, no doubt pick which takes longer to come around. Miami and Denver are the blueprints.

Absolutely. It should be high, high priority. We can bring someone to run ”the process”, but then you have to be able to identify talent or you are waiting for the no-brainer, no doubt pick which takes longer to come around. Miami and Denver are the blueprints.
And then when it comes you can always just draft the guy who jumps twice really fast instead