Western Conference Playoffs, semifinals

Is the Battle of Los Angeles inevitable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Na Matt Barnes didn’t seem cheap shots on players

I was probably one of the biggest Westbrook fans that all turned when he went on this constant attack on fans. Once even threatening to beat up a female
Sorry to hear that, but I surely understand the reason for your change of heart.

Re: Matty B, I actually always liked his toughness. I saw him play at Del Campo, both football and basketball, and know his story and the reasons for the enormous chip on his shoulder.

I was more referring to how Matty B gets in opponents heads on the defensive end. He plays very chippy. It was as if Morris was ‘trying’ to do that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If this goes to game 7 the winner will play the Lakers the next day yes a back to back. Anything to get the Lakers in man this is a farce
The fix was in this game my god I’m not watching the WCF
It sounds like you went into this with your mind made up that it was "fixed," no matter what the outcome ended up being. You talk about threatening not to watch the Western Conference Finals, and I don't understand why you bothered to watch the playoffs, in the first place?

You've been claiming since even before the start of the playoffs that the NBA was going to "rig" it for an All-Los Angeles conference finals. Like, did it ever even cross your mind that the lakers and the Clippers might actually be the two best teams?

Why would the NBA want an all-LA conference finals, anyway? From the league's perspective, you're probably pretty happy to see at least one of the LA teams in the conference finals, but it's not like it juices the ratings further when both teams are from the same exact major media market. If there was a true rivalry that had been built up across the last several seasons, sure, but the fact that both teams are from LA mostly just becomes a marketing gimmick when the bubble playoffs are taking place exclusively in Orlando.

LeBron vs. Kawhi is likely a more compelling narrative than LA vs. LA. They're two good teams headlined by superstar wings, but I think the league would rather see one of the LA teams matched up with a team like Houston in the conference finals, if you're talking about maximizing the pull of your big market franchises.

Because he's Sixth Man of the Year and good?
He couldn’t make a stop if his life depended on it look at his +/- he’s been getting abused and that has been happening since the dallas series. Clipper fans are literally begging for 30 min from Zubac good things happen when Zubac plays.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Why would the NBA want an all-LA conference finals, anyway? From the league's perspective, you're probably pretty happy to see at least one of the LA teams in the conference finals, but it's not like it juices the ratings further when both teams are from the same exact major media market...
Right. If the NBA were trying to "rig" the western conference playoffs, then the western conference finals would have been the lakers (#2 television market) versus the Mavericks (#5 television market).

Didn't you just get done complaining about how these are regular season awards? During the regular season, Harrell was third in the league, among bench players, in +/-, and he averaged more points than the two players ahead of him, combined (cite).
That stat was from the playoffs where he hasn’t had even a decent game yet

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
That stat was from the playoffs where he hasn’t had even a decent game yet
Okay, but your question was essentially, "Why are they playing him?" And @Tetsujin's answer was the right answer: because he was the 6MOY, and he's a good player. The fact that he hasn't been good in the playoffs clearly isn't a good enough reason to not play him. They didn't bench Paul George in the first round, even though he was pretty awful for most of it. Why? Because he's a good player, who has earned the coach and the team's trust. And so is Harrell.

And, FWIW, I'd say that 19/11 that he put on Dallas was pretty good.

Okay, but your question was essentially, "Why are they playing him?" And @Tetsujin's answer was the right answer: because he was the 6MOY, and he's a good player. The fact that he hasn't been good in the playoffs clearly isn't a good enough reason to not play him. They didn't bench Paul George in the first round, even though he was pretty awful for most of it. Why? Because he's a good player, who has earned the coach and the team's trust. And so is Harrell.

And, FWIW, I'd say that 19/11 that he put on Dallas was pretty good.
He’s taking minutes that should be going to Zubac whose playing very good when do you make an adjustment and limit minuets of a guy killing your team? After the playoffs?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
He's looking ahead to the next series. You want to argue that he's making a mistake by looking ahead? Sure, go ahead. But he needs Harrell to get back into his regular season form in time to play the lakers; Zubac is a non-factor against the lakers' frontline. And you can't just play Harrell no minutes in the first two rounds, and then go, "Now, go play Anthony Davis."

He's looking ahead to the next series. You want to argue that he's making a mistake by looking ahead? Sure, go ahead. But he needs Harrell to get back into his regular season form in time to play the lakers; Zubac is a non-factor against the lakers' frontline. And you can't just play Harrell no minutes in the first two rounds, and then go, "Now, go play Anthony Davis."
Ya that time of thinking is why he’s blown two 3-1 leads as a coach which I’m sure has to be a record

You don’t have to not play Harrell limit his minutes especially when Zubac is doing good

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Harrell is not going to be game-ready for the conference finals, playing <10 minutes a game. And let's not pretend that Jokic hasn't been cooking Zubac's ass, too.

Why would the NBA want an all-LA conference finals, anyway? From the league's perspective, you're probably pretty happy to see at least one of the LA teams in the conference finals, but it's not like it juices the ratings further when both teams are from the same exact major media market. If there was a true rivalry that had been built up across the last several seasons, sure, but the fact that both teams are from LA mostly just becomes a marketing gimmick when the bubble playoffs are taking place exclusively in Orlando.

LeBron vs. Kawhi is likely a more compelling narrative than LA vs. LA. They're two good teams headlined by superstar wings, but I think the league would rather see one of the LA teams matched up with a team like Houston in the conference finals, if you're talking about maximizing the pull of your big market franchises.
they wouldn’t... LA is still a Lakers town so why not pick up another market and fan base? The novelty of a Staples series isn’t there. And the Laker-hater draw probably wouldn’t be there if it’s just another LA team. Clippers are kinda boring and don’t have their own fan base. Jamal Murray would be far more of a draw the way he’s been playing