Western Conference Playoffs, semifinals

Is the Battle of Los Angeles inevitable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Clippers have no individual defender capable of stopping Joker but on the other hand, they have Kawhi with playoff mode activated and the Nuggets are so bad at defense that it sort of feels like Lou Williams dropping a fifty-burger during the series is inevitable.

The Clippers have no individual defender capable of stopping Joker but on the other hand, they have Kawhi with playoff mode activated and the Nuggets are so bad at defense that it sort of feels like Lou Williams dropping a fifty-burger during the series is inevitable.
i do t know if Joker is a dominant enough scorer though

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Hard to believe now but there was a time half a decade Ago when half the bigs in the league were Plumlees or Zellers.

lebron plays in the regular season kawhi saves himself he’ll imagine harden not having to carry his teams and saving himself for the playoffs. Kawhi has become overrated with his load management and him playing on stacked teams with great management, just look at Toronto after he left.

And we talked about Murray cause his performance came out of nowhere

Still wondering why we are pinning our franchise hopes on a PG that isn't a good outside threat and a big that is neither a good defender nor a good outside shooter.

Almost every team in the playoffs has such good spacing; on a kickout the shooter just has to pump fake and drive and the lane is wide open. Either we had such crappy shooters or Luke Walton is just not very good at coaching.

I actually thought for a moment that Walton was no longer our coach, but then reality hit me.

Last edited:
Still wondering why we are pinning our franchise hopes on a PG that isn't a good outside threat and a big that is neither a good defender nor a good outside shooter.

Almost every team in the playoffs has such good spacing; on a kickout the shooter just has to pump fake and drive and the lane is wide open. Either we had such crappy shooters or Luke Walton is just not very good at coaching.

I actually thought for a moment that Walton was no longer our coach, but then reality hit me.
Ya were literally ****ed

Giannis doesn’t even look like regular season Giannis but we’re expecting to compete with Fox. Although Fox has a better shot but still

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
MPJ is a super exciting offensive prospect but my lord is he awful at defense. Absolutely no awareness on that end. It's like no one's ever taught him how to rotate or stick to his man.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Malone subs Harris in for MPJ and the Denver defense immediately tightens up. (Harris has been doing a great job on Kawhi tonight). That's my one concern about playing Porter and Jokic together.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Good gravy, the Clips are doing everything in their power to let the Nuggets win and the Nuggets are doing everything in their power to keep giving the Clippers a shot

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That entire game could best be summarized by Bev randomly deciding to get ejected with a minute left in the game, the Clippers somehow still having a conceivable shot despite being down double digits after all the penalty shots and then Paul George promptly dribbling the ball off his thigh

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The game is so broken, lol. There is almost nothing you can do on draw and kick shooters who can drive from the 3 point line. I don't think Reggie Miller would avg. 45 a game now as he thinks but someone like him would definitely see a 10-15 ppg increase.
He and Kevin Martin would both absolutely destroy teams in this era of no defense and pace.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Clippers remembered they’re the best defensive team in the league and the Nuggets just couldn’t score enough to beat a sluggish LA offense.